The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Apparently Jota could be back in contention for the Chelsea game next week.

Think Keita is close too.

No word on Fabinho though.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2021, 01:16:11 PM
Apparently Jota could be back in contention for the Chelsea game next week.

Think Keita is close too.

No word on Fabinho though.

Jeez kieta was a howler of a buy
He's the real sick note
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

quit yo jibbajabba

Keita was on bench at the weekend.
Jota fab and milner back in full training.

I retain hope in Keita. Im willing to get hurt again (like Naby, probably in a week or so)

J70

If Keita could stay fit for a run of games, he has the ability to dribble and beat a player, play a one-two, and slip a good pass through. Liverpool have had no one lately who can open up those tight spaces to create something.

They desperately need Fabinho back in the base of the midfield too.

I don't give a f**k if they concede a few goals as they get bedded in, but Klopp should just let Kabak partner Phillips or Davies and let them work on it. They're losing the games anyway. Biggest priority has to be to get something going in attack with these players coming back, and maybe even a change of formation.

David McKeown

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 22, 2021, 09:13:37 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 22, 2021, 08:55:57 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 20, 2021, 07:30:51 PM
Regardless of how we deserved to be beat that ref is a disgrace

The penalty decision I thought was harsh alright but the ref didn't do much wrong other than that.

Picked up on Salah "throwing himself to the ground" and maybe should have flashed him a yellow for it but apart from that the lad did OK.

Ben Godfrey looking to be a very decent signing for Everton I have to say.

DCL gave Everton the outball they've been missing and bullied the lad on loan something awful and then showed TAA a clean pair of heels.

Wee Seamus should have had a second in the first half when he ghosted past Robertson and headed straight at Allison.

Pickford made some decent saves but nothing worldie and didn't make a howler so that's a positive.

Liverpool are running on fumes lads, nothing to be ashamed of. Their style of play requires high intensity and you just can't keep doing that with the same personnel year on year and not build a bigger squad.

He was told by VAR to go and look at it. Now whatever about his initial perspective to go and look at that on a monitor and come back and still give it to me is a disgrace and he shouldn't be near a match.
Didn't matter in the end and I  agree  on Salah. Pickford had a decent game in respect of he didn't inflict a season long injury on a world class player. He's lucky Anfield wasn't full on Saturday or he would know what verbal abuse meant. Absolutely no time for Pickford

What was he told to go and look at though.  In real time I thought he was told to go look to see if it was also a red rather than a penalty hence why he dismissed it so quickly because that was a nonsense
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

dec

Thiago plays some lovely possession retaining passes.

David McKeown

Quote from: David McKeown on February 22, 2021, 01:55:24 PM

The penalty decision I thought was harsh alright but the ref didn't do much wrong other than that.

Picked up on Salah "throwing himself to the ground" and maybe should have flashed him a yellow for it but apart from that the lad did OK.

DCL gave Everton the outball they've been missing and bullied the lad on loan something awful and then showed TAA a clean pair of heels.

Wee Seamus should have had a second in the first half when he ghosted past Robertson and headed straight at Allison.

Pickford made some decent saves but nothing worldie and didn't make a howler so that's a positive.

Liverpool are running on fumes lads, nothing to be ashamed of. Their style of play requires high intensity and you just can't keep doing that with the same personnel year on year and not build a bigger squad.

He was told by VAR to go and look at it. Now whatever about his initial perspective to go and look at that on a monitor and come back and still give it to me is a disgrace and he shouldn't be near a match.
Didn't matter in the end and I  agree  on Salah. Pickford had a decent game in respect of he didn't inflict a season long injury on a world class player. He's lucky Anfield wasn't full on Saturday or he would know what verbal abuse meant. Absolutely no time for Pickford

What was he told to go and look at though.  In real time I thought he was told to go look to see if it was also a red rather than a penalty hence why he dismissed it so quickly because that was a nonsense

I see Dermot Gallagher reckons it was a penalty and a red card
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

johnnycool

Quote from: David McKeown on February 22, 2021, 02:39:06 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on February 22, 2021, 01:55:24 PM

I see Dermot Gallagher reckons it was a penalty and a red card

What would he know, the durty dub?

J70

Rumours on the internet that the father of Alisson is missing in Brazil after diving into a reservoir behind a dam. :'(

Gabriel_Hurl

J70

Will the poor lad even be able to go home for the funeral?

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on February 25, 2021, 12:20:52 PM

Doubtful I would say without an extended quarantine given the travel restrictions and Brazil being a high risk. Klopp was not able to make it to Germany for his mother's funeral a few weeks ago.

J70

Quote from: TabClear on February 25, 2021, 01:56:43 PM

Doubtful I would say without an extended quarantine given the travel restrictions and Brazil being a high risk. Klopp was not able to make it to Germany for his mother's funeral a few weeks ago.

Its a tough one. Especially with such a sudden, unexpected loss of a relatively young parent for a lad still in his 20s.

Could the club not give him compassionate leave and let him do the quarantine when he gets back?

Although, from personal experience, the distraction of work definitely helps with the short term grief process after such a loss.

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on February 25, 2021, 02:11:14 PM
Quote from: TabClear on February 25, 2021, 01:56:43 PM

Its a tough one. Especially with such a sudden, unexpected loss of a relatively young parent for a lad still in his 20s.

Could the club not give him compassionate leave and let him do the quarantine when he gets back?

Although, from personal experience, the distraction of work definitely helps with the short term grief process after such a loss.

I would be fairly confident the club would leave it up to the individual. It would be a tough trip knowing you are going to be in isolation for 10 days after you bury your father.