FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2019, 01:26:05 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2019, 11:41:55 AM
Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2019, 11:25:46 AM
The funny thing is he had no time for Robbie Keane when he was banging in loads of goals for Ireland, now he isn't happy because the players who have replaced him aren't as good as scoring goals as he was!!

You love misrepresenting people.

Felt Robbie wasn't near as good as people believed, especially in later years. Decent finisher it must be said. His goalscoring record for Ireland is unlikely to be touched. That's all really.

Anyway - you've no time for one of our greatest ever players who dragged us to a World Cup because he played for an English soccer club you hate. So, glass houses, throwing stones etc...
I had another post up but truth be told I couldn't be bothered getting into a back and forth argument with you so I deleted it.

Ironically though Paul McGrath is one one of my favourite past footballers, pretty sure he also played for Manchester United Football Club...so maybe your theory is a little flawed but you believe whatever makes you happy.

We'll agree on Paul McGrath.  ;D

Itchy

Quote from: Hardy on March 27, 2019, 04:54:32 PM
The kids are all right.

While I'm here, what's the tennis ball thing? Why tennis balls?

FAI is a racket I think or something like that.

mrdeeds

The kids are all right.

Hull City fans done it years ago as a protest when David Lloyd chairman.

Hardy

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 27, 2019, 05:21:53 PM
The kids are all right.

Hull City fans done it years ago as a protest when David Lloyd chairman.

Jaysis. Not just de best bleedin fans in de wordled but the most original.

Main Street

Quote from: oakleaflad on March 27, 2019, 12:35:58 PM
Thought Duffy was very good again last night.
Keogh looks like a guy who's just emerged after being buried alive in a coffin for 50 days.
For the first time in a long time, fans could enjoy a very good performance with minimal squeaky bum time.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 27, 2019, 12:14:45 PM
We might throw some sh!t at the folks in Croke Park on here...

But they are nothing like the FAI.

The GAA has a clear means of electing (and replacing) their executive board, which in theory takes input from every club member across the country (via club representatives taking the mandate passed from club AGM through to the county AGM and from that the county delegates to Congress). Same for big decisions following the same path.

The FAI? Pfft. Who the f**k knows?

Surprised the govt (Sport Ireland) simply haven't pulled their money till the FAI executive board are elected by all registered clubs and members, and big decisions are made with a mandate of those clubs/members.

So your club voted for Ryan?

It is literally the same structure.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 27, 2019, 06:51:06 PM

It is literally nothing like the same structure.

https://www.fai.ie/domestic/fai/fai-board-and-council

QuoteThe FAI Council is made up of 60 members from across the Irish football family.

How are they appointed?

Oh, thats right.
i usse an speelchekor

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 27, 2019, 10:03:14 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 27, 2019, 06:51:06 PM

It is literally nothing like the same structure.

https://www.fai.ie/domestic/fai/fai-board-and-council

QuoteThe FAI Council is made up of 60 members from across the Irish football family.

How are they appointed?

Oh, thats right.

Council is the leagues and LoI teams? So they are appointed by the leagues and LoI teams...  Unless thats a trick question?

The FAI board is like Central Council - unelected. There is a reason for that.

FAI CEO selcted by board. Ard Stiúrthóir/DG, selcted by Council.

SCFC

Del Boy and his spiv mates are really top entertainment it has to said.

trailer

Christ but you cannot be astounded by this absolute circus of an outfit. Today was embarrassing for everyone involved. I'm not involved in Soccer in any capacity North or South but if I was I walk away. I'd want nothing to do with any of them.

I obviously don't want to say anything else for legal reasons.

yellowcard

Irish football being dragged through the gutter today by the FAI who are taking the public for fools with their refusal to answer any serious questions. John Delaney is accountable to no-one. Some of the charlatans on that Oireachtas committee are just as bad. The parish pump stuff from Michael Healy Rae was particularly embarrassing.

dec

Quote from: yellowcard on April 10, 2019, 04:27:25 PM
The parish pump stuff from Michael Healy Rae was particularly embarrassing.

Does he really need to wear the cap when he is inside?

yellowcard

The FAI honourary treasurer stated that they had one bank account only for it to be checked out and confirmed about an hour later during the sitting that they in fact had 24 bank accounts!!

It's a comedy show. 

trailer

It's sad for the 1000's of everyday decent people up and down the country who volunteer. They do it for the love of the game and nothing else and then these absolute chancers are taking the piss.

Healy-Rae. People of Kerry. Why?

general