The Sectarianism Virus

Started by Feckitt, September 25, 2020, 01:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

There has been no coverage of this in todays media, but last night at Mid Ulster Council, the DUP proposed to remove ALL council support and funding to GAA clubs in the area.
It was supported by every single Unionist councillor in attendance.
I shouldn't be shocked, but I am.  Blatant bigotry at its most obvious.  It's not even a news story because Anti Irish bigotry is still totally acceptable in Northern Ireland.

Franko

What was the basis for it?  The Dungannon celebrations?

Big Steekie has themmuns all wound up again it would seem.  He really is a scourge.

Franko

The 2 quotes below came from a member of the DUP.

They really are a laughing stock.  ;D ;D

"The blatant disregard shown to social distancing and COVID-19 regulations, which are in place to protect us all, was shameful.

"We cannot have the name of this council associated, by supporting in a financial way, any form of misogynistic, derogatory and disgusting terms against women."

Snapchap

Quote from: Franko on September 25, 2020, 03:37:52 PM
The 2 quotes below came from a member of the DUP.

They really are a laughing stock.  ;D ;D

"The blatant disregard shown to social distancing and COVID-19 regulations, which are in place to protect us all, was shameful.

"We cannot have the name of this council associated, by supporting in a financial way, any form of misogynistic, derogatory and disgusting terms against women."

I can only assume he vociferously spoke up against the DUP MLAs who made 'Moo' noises across the Assembly Chamber any time an MLA from the Woman's Coalition rose to speak?

imtommygunn

Also spoke out against Sammy who wasn't wearing a mask on public transport?

What's the misogynistic thing about?