Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Why is Dublin V Cork not in Pairc ui chaoimh? Asking for a friend.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 13, 2022, 04:07:36 PM
I say Tyrone, Donegal, Monaghan, Cavan would put all munster teams to the sword, outside of Kerry. They got lucky that Ulster teams knocked themselves out.

It's likely that there will only be 1 Ulster team (Derry) in the semi finals, and that's solely by virtue of drawing by far the weakest team left. There may not be much between the Ulster teams, but they all seem to me to be a step off the real contenders and even Mayo.

David McKeown

Just as easily there could be two Ulster teams in the last 4 we will have to wait and see
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

yellowcard

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 13, 2022, 07:54:47 PM
I say Tyrone, Donegal, Monaghan, Cavan would put all munster teams to the sword, outside of Kerry. They got lucky that Ulster teams knocked themselves out.

It's likely that there will only be 1 Ulster team (Derry) in the semi finals, and that's solely by virtue of drawing by far the weakest team left. There may not be much between the Ulster teams, but they all seem to me to be a step off the real contenders and even Mayo.

You're completely failing to take into account the luck of the draw. Nobody would consider either Clare or Cork among the top 8 sides in the country. The national league is a far better gauge of a teams level.

imtommygunn

Clare played a team who are deemed in the top eight though.

Cork have dodged any good teams yes.

93-DY-SAM

Is there no parking at Clonliffe Collage now?

omagh_gael

Not a chance in hell the Derry management team will let any notion of complacency slide into the team's mentality. Can see them winning a dpur enough match by 4-5 points.

Armagh to pip Galway in a shootout.

Derry to smother Armagh in Semi final with Armagh struggling to contain Brendan Rodgers.

Kerry to come through other side and keep Derry at arms length to win AI by 3

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on June 13, 2022, 08:25:56 PM

You're completely failing to take into account the luck of the draw. Nobody would consider either Clare or Cork among the top 8 sides in the country. The national league is a far better gauge of a teams level.
In a provincial system the 8 D1 teams are not going to make it en masse to the qfs. Tyrone, Donegal, Kildare and Monaghan  all fell previously
2 of the provincial champions were in D2

yellowcard

Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2022, 09:16:32 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 13, 2022, 08:25:56 PM

In a provincial system the 8 D1 teams are not going to make it en masse to the qfs. Tyrone, Donegal, Kildare and Monaghan  all fell previously
2 of the provincial champions were in D2

There's probably a top 11 teams which includes all of division one plus Galway, Roscommon and Derry. Kerry are out in front and I would say there is not a huge amount of difference in the other teams and it depends on luck of the draw, momentum, form and injuries as to the results between those sides.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 13, 2022, 09:02:28 PM

No disrespect to Cork, Clare or Limerick but theres probably 6 teams in Ulster better than them.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 13, 2022, 10:48:19 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 13, 2022, 09:02:28 PM

No disrespect to Cork, Clare or Limerick but theres probably 6 teams in Ulster better than them.

There's 5 anyway. The 6th is questionable.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Says the Division 2 buachaill, forgetting what province last year's AIF winners over Mayo were from! :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Eire90

no reason why cork v dublin cant be played in nowlan park

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 13, 2022, 10:43:38 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 13, 2022, 09:03:12 PM
Is there no parking at Clonliffe Collage now?

Not this year.
https://crokepark.ie/getting-here/match-concert-parking

Cheers. Had spotted this after I posted as had heard someone say this was the case. Any idea why? Was always a handy enough spot.