Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: naka on June 06, 2022, 11:28:48 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 06, 2022, 11:19:42 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 06, 2022, 10:16:24 AM
It's a head scrambler trying to work out the permutations but quite why the GAA allow repeat fixtures at last 12 stage but not at quarter final stage makes no sense. I'd say both Armagh and Donegal followers both let out a collective groan at that draw. Familiarity breeds contempt and in Armaghs case we always struggle against that defensive running type team. We don't have a good record against them but we do have a renewed energy after yesterdays win.

I just hope that we play to our own strengths next time out and play more of a kicking game rather than change tactics and go down the same route of trying to beat Donegal at their own game. If that's not good enough then so be it.

we have to beat them some time. May as well be the weekend
agree with this, we should be up for this game.
lets attack their kick out and go for it

I'm not too disappointed with the draw.  Not saying Donegal will be easy and they've had our measure for a bit too long now, but it's a chance to right the wrongs of the last day.  If they're still too good for us, fair enough but at least ask them a couple of questions this time around.  Armagh need to be outside of their comfort zone if they're going to develop more as a team.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 06, 2022, 09:53:22 AM
Donegal dominating Armagh the last day, even on yesterday don't see enough change for a different result.

You don't like us very much Weasel do you?   ;D

oakleaflad

If Armagh were to win they're the one side I wouldn't want to draw in the AIQF

J70

I'll be very surprised if we win this.

Armagh will learn lessons from the first game. Question is, will Bonner and Rochford learn any lessons from our last two games?

I'm not optimistic.

balladmaker

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 06, 2022, 12:31:44 PM
If Armagh were to win they're the one side I wouldn't want to draw in the AIQF

If Armagh win, I think that's exactly what we will have ... Derry v Armagh.  But let us navigate next weekend first.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: J70 on June 06, 2022, 12:33:07 PM

Armagh will learn lessons from the first game. Question is, will Bonner and Rochford learn any lessons from our last two games?

I'm not optimistic.

Donegals round 2 tie to lose. As for Armagh win or lose can still look back on yesterdays memorable occasion whereby the champions lost their crown.

balladmaker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 06, 2022, 12:45:50 PM

I'm not optimistic.

Donegals round 2 tie to lose. As for Armagh win or lose can still look back on yesterdays memorable occasion whereby the champions lost their crown.

Yesterday will mean nothing if Armagh don't push on and at least give it a go against Donegal.  Venue will be an important factor I think ... and the ref. of course ... will take Coldrick any time since he is onto the playing for a free that many teams have gotten away with for far too long ... other refs. need to take note. 

naka

Quote from: balladmaker on June 06, 2022, 12:49:37 PM

I'm not optimistic.

Yesterday will mean nothing if Armagh don't push on and at least give it a go against Donegal.  Venue will be an important factor I think ... and the ref. of course ... will take Coldrick any time since he is onto the playing for a free that many teams have gotten away with for far too long ... other refs. need to take note.
as long as it isnt barry cassidy,

yellowcard

I'm not optimistic.

I'm not sure. After the euphoria of yesterdays victory dies down, if we were to get beat next week it would still have been an average season. At the start of the championship we needed to get to a provincial final or an AI quarter final. If we get to an AI QF in Croke Park and be competitive then I think it will have been a good season but getting beat again by Donegal would be a bit of a downer. We haven't had much luck with the draws it has to be said. If we get over Donegal it would be nice to be in the Derry/Galway half because there are about 4/5 sides who will see a great opportunity to get to an AI final.

Armamike

If we go out with the same type of flat performance again against Donegal, the Tyrone performance and result will count for sweet FA.  We need to be showing a lot more this time round.  Most Armagh supporters will be looking first and foremost for the same type of intensity as yesterday and then see where that takes us against Donegal.

Blowitupref

Clones Sunday at 4pm for Donegal v Armagh it seems.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

JoeSoap

Apparently fixed for Clones 4pm... god help anyone from north and west Donegal

Armagh18

Quote from: JoeSoap on June 06, 2022, 01:30:31 PM
Yeah and they'll be late home on Sunday as well ;)

JoeSoap

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 06, 2022, 01:31:50 PM
Quote from: JoeSoap on June 06, 2022, 01:30:31 PM
Yeah and they'll be late home on Sunday as well ;)

haha it's god's country boyo  ;D

JoeSoap

Ah jesus I'm just reading on Fintan O'Toole's twitter that they've fixed a double header on the Saturday in Croke Park.. Ireland are playing Scotland in the Aviva at 5pm, Mayo Kildare at 6pm? Dragging Clare, Roscommon and Mayo to the capital? Are they mad?