Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: naka on June 07, 2022, 10:29:03 AM

. There are no hotels available for any of these games under 400 quid. Ireland are playing Scotland in the Aviva same time Saturday and Dermot Kennedy has a concert.

the reality is dublin hotels are becoming extotionate.
used to always stay down when the county was playing, now its there and back in teh car or via the train
[/quote]

Yeah. Rip off Dublin hotels but that much else going on that they'll get it.

As I stated, move the games to good central locations.

Better for everybody.

screenexile

Double Room for the weekend of the AIQF cost me £253.

I booked it just in case I couldn't get anything else but it is extortionate! Luckily enough I'm able to stay at a mates place!

marty34

Quote from: screenexile on June 07, 2022, 11:13:59 AM
Double Room for the weekend of the AIQF cost me £253.

I booked it just in case I couldn't get anything else but it is extortionate! Luckily enough I'm able to stay at a mates place!

That's steep for one night alright.

Even Air B'n'B's are pricey now also.

Hard with a family say and the game is on late on a Saturday evening at 7 pm say.

Either pay a big whack or drive home that night.  Tough with kids.

NotedObserver

Anyone ever took a one year old to game in croke park? Not walking yet so is it a nightmare?

clarshack

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 07, 2022, 10:47:17 AM
Hotels in Dublin are an absolute joke. I don't know who is booking these rooms at these rates. People are either living way beyond their means or there is a serious amount of money floating around the country somewhere.

Thought it was a case that the hotels are full of Ukrainian refugee families meaning whatever available rooms there are, they are being sold at a premium?

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: clarshack on June 07, 2022, 12:05:39 PM
Hotels in Dublin are an absolute joke. I don't know who is booking these rooms at these rates. People are either living way beyond their means or there is a serious amount of money floating around the country somewhere.

Thought it was a case that the hotels are full of Ukrainian refugee families meaning whatever available rooms there are, they are being sold at a premium?

Not sure to be honest. That could well be the case. Still a rip-off.

clarshack

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 07, 2022, 12:15:41 PM

Not sure to be honest. That could well be the case. Still a rip-off.

It sure is a rip-off.
Had a great weekend in Glasgow a couple of months ago and a family room for the 2 nights (premier inn) in the city centre was only £175.

full moon

Anyone remember it used to be said that anything under 30,000 and Croke Park was operating at a loss? It's mostly under that now. I wonder is it covered with higher prices

Blowitupref

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 07, 2022, 09:52:56 AM
Mayo co board Chairman expecting upto 50,000 in Croker this Saturday, not sure he's read the room.

He's living in a parallel universe

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

full moon

That's basically the issue, there's thousands of Ukrainians staying in hotels Dublin as well as an increase in asylum seekers this year that also stay in mostly hotels. Then you have emergency accommodation due to the housing crisis, and the return of tourists this year with deep pockets.

The rub of it is, they don't need or care about domestic bookings because they are full with the rest. It falls down to the Government block booking hotels throughout the country because they have no accommodation of their own. It's their fault and the knock-on effects are bad for concert goers, sporting events and tourism in general.

But Croke Park HQ know all this and went ahead with scheduling these games there anyway with no hotels or accommodation available.

balladmaker

Jurys Inn Parnell Street asking 585 euro for the night of June 25th for 2 people on booking.com .... that's one night in a Jurys Inn ... WTF!

Orior

Quote from: balladmaker on June 07, 2022, 03:11:07 PM
Jurys Inn Parnell Street asking 585 euro for the night of June 25th for 2 people on booking.com .... that's one night in a Jurys Inn ... WTF!

Does that include a bird in the room?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on June 07, 2022, 04:13:52 PM

you have to bring your own
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

joemamas

Quote from: Orior on June 07, 2022, 04:13:52 PM

For that price it should
Holy shit

Maroon Manc

I sense plenty of apathy amongst the Mayo support, it will be their smallest support at a championship game in a long time.

Expect Mayo to win, Kildare should cause them plenty of problems but they can't be trusted to perform. Ability wise that looks a very talented Kildare team to an outsider, so far management haven't found a formula to get the best out of them.

Ryan O'Donoghue would be a huge loss, he's Mayo's best forward. Runs all day, is quick & dynamic and generates his own scores but you can trust Mayo to turn up and do what they always do which is something that can't be said of Kildare.