China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

You cant predict transmission you can only reduce the chances. I had covid and nobody in house got it. My mother had it twice and my da never got it. We didn't isolate in separate rooms or anything like that, just within household. At the minute my mother, sis, sis in law, 2 nephews(either side of the house), 3 in office all have it-these are all adults.  4 of the 8  have been boostered, all have been double jabbed, all mild symptoms so far thank God. My friends wife and 2 wains had it last week but he didn't get it.

Man Marker

Any of you guys know anything about this ? About five minutes of conversation

https://www.facebook.com/dan.bongino/videos/345925763626478

Last Man

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 05, 2022, 10:15:35 AM
You cant predict transmission you can only reduce the chances. I had covid and nobody in house got it. My mother had it twice and my da never got it. We didn't isolate in separate rooms or anything like that, just within household. At the minute my mother, sis, sis in law, 2 nephews(either side of the house), 3 in office all have it-these are all adults.  4 of the 8  have been boostered, all have been double jabbed, all mild symptoms so far thank God. My friends wife and 2 wains had it last week but he didn't get it.
This has been the case throughout, I have had loads of close prolonged contacts but haven't tested positive yet. Strange that so little work has been done on the susceptablitiy mechanisms, it just cant be down to luck.

Last Man

Quote from: Man Marker on January 05, 2022, 10:48:46 AM
Any of you guys know anything about this ? About five minutes of conversation

https://www.facebook.com/dan.bongino/videos/345925763626478
Thankfully the mono-colonal atibody treatment protocols appear to be breaking through after the active supression of their use which is just mind boggling that our CMOs would be party to such a thing. Humans in positions of power can turn real nasty when their salary depends on it.

PadraicHenryPearse

firstly, you don't get accurate news from Fox. They are politicising Medicine and listening to even a small section of that video it came through loud and clear. (I didn't watch it all)

There is now two early treatment medications approved that I am aware of, one from Pzifer and one from Merck (the invermectin people). Both approved for use very recently but from clinical trials I think Pzifer is better. I think there are others that had emergency approval after successful clinical trials.

I am not sure that i should be surprised that those with issues with masks and vaccinations and the time it took to develop them appear to have no issue taking medication that is not approved after clinical trials or more recently just approved. also there was no suppression, they just haven't been through clinical trials and approved for use... there has been a lot of articles and information on them.

armaghniac

Mono clonal antibodies have a role. However, they are expensive and those developed for the original variant have not proved very effective against Omicron. The Pfizer anti viral will be a real help.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 05, 2022, 11:45:45 AM
firstly, you don't get accurate news from Fox. They are politicising Medicine and listening to even a small section of that video it came through loud and clear. (I didn't watch it all)

There is now two early treatment medications approved that I am aware of, one from Pzifer and one from Merck (the invermectin people). Both approved for use very recently but from clinical trials I think Pzifer is better. I think there are others that had emergency approval after successful clinical trials.

I am not sure that i should be surprised that those with issues with masks and vaccinations and the time it took to develop them appear to have no issue taking medication that is not approved after clinical trials or more recently just approved. also there was no suppression, they just haven't been through clinical trials and approved for use... there has been a lot of articles and information on them.

Dan Bongino is a far right, conspiracy theorist troll.

grounded

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59880263

I'm not having a go at him, but he has been pretty unfortunate with this.
     If i'm reading this correctly he has had to isolate for a total of 57 days including the latest self isolation.
    I was about to add that it can't have helped his public persona and popularity but in all honesty prob wont have much effect.   

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: armaghniac on January 05, 2022, 11:56:58 AM
Mono clonal antibodies have a role. However, they are expensive and those developed for the original variant have not proved very effective against Omicron. The Pfizer anti viral will be a real help.

Over 200 times more expensive than a dose of the vaccine

thebigfella

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 05, 2022, 01:47:03 PM

Surely then this is where a lot of the big pharma, suppression of information, MSM conspiracy theories all fall down. Surely if they are all in cahoots, then they'd be pushing to make as much cash as possible  ???

Itchy

Quote from: Hound on January 05, 2022, 08:11:22 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 04, 2022, 07:29:06 PM
From another page on hse website. Face to Face has been in hse advice since day 1, stupid or not.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/testing/close-contact-variant-of-concern/

There are two main types of close contact - household and non-household

You are a household close contact if you:

live or sleep in the same home as a person who has tested positive
use a kitchen or bathroom in shared accommodation with a person who has tested positive
are a sexual partner of a person who has tested positive
You are a non-household close contact if you spend more than a total of 15 minutes of face-to-face contact with someone who had a positive PCR test. This contact can happen over a 24 hour period and you must have been within 2 metres of that person.

It also references PCR test not antigen even though you could be waiting 2 days for a pcr test.
That's an out of date page Itchy

This is current advice:
https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/contact-tracing/close-contact/

You are a non-household close contact if you were within 2 meters for more than 15 minutes. You should be prudent in any event. As per the rules, and depending on vaccination status, no hard restrictions for non-household close contacts, so long as you have no symptoms and you test negative on antigen tests over a period of time.

My good mate caught it from a car journey of 45 minutes with someone on a Thursday in early December. He was informed he was a close contact on the Saturday and became symptomatic on the Sunday and duly tested positive. On the Friday, I sat beside him in a restaurant for 4 hours and didn't catch it from him. We presume it was Delta as too early for Omicron. So you can be unlucky or lucky.
(As an aside he's a fit 40 year old, double jabbed. Had a very miserable 2 weeks in bed. Worst symptoms being migraines and exhaustion. Also lost taste and smell, which he reckons is just about coming back now, 4 weeks later).

Hard to know what's out if date and what isn't. My point is it's very confusing. Especially referencing dates against pcr tests which you can't get.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: seafoid on January 05, 2022, 03:59:27 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-health-service-in-for-rough-two-months-but-should-cope-1.4768791

With early research showing the protection offered by boosters waning after just one month, for example, what role will vaccination play in tackling Covid-19 in the future?

I think that there are a lot of throw away comments about "waning" immunity.  One part of immunity is made up of anti-bodies, which are good to stop you getting sick in first place.   There is definitive evidence of these waning after shots.

However studies show that T-Cell and B-Cell last a lot longer.  Good explanation here (with citations in table): 

https://erictopol.substack.com/p/humans-2-omicron-1

These cells will tackle the virus stopping you getting seriously ill. 

I think if this ends up endemic with a variant like Omicron, you will see booster doses for vulnerable each winter.  This will help with slowing spikes and hospitalizations.   The rest will make do.

/Jim.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 04, 2022, 05:40:28 PM
Connacht hospitals has known outbreaks, the stays in hospital doesn't seem to be as long as previous waves though. As said already staff shortage looks to be the biggest issue for this month at least

What is it with Saolta group?  They seem to have a lot of in-house outbreaks? 

ULH very bad for outbreaks too, but they have a long history on overcrowding so I guess that contributes.

/Jim.

Franko

Quote from: thebigfella on January 05, 2022, 02:48:09 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 05, 2022, 01:47:03 PM

Surely then this is where a lot of the big pharma, suppression of information, MSM conspiracy theories all fall down. Surely if they are all in cahoots, then they'd be pushing to make as much cash as possible  ???

Agreed.  But the 'Big Pharma' bullshit fell over the minute the antivaxx loons started pushing Ivermectin...

which is made by...

yeah you guessed it

Itchy

Absenteeism at work at 30% since we started back. I heard on news 8k teachers out with covid out of 27k nationwide in Republic which is also around 30%. Expected to get worse so not sure how the country stays open in these circumstances.