China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Thastheball on December 31, 2021, 02:39:11 PM
Here is some advise. Skull had previously shared this, but to elaborate. One of the first things covid patients get along with other meds is Vit D. They infact get alot of it depending on bloods test, but typically up to 20,000 mgs.  Almost 90% of patients admitted with covid are tested low in vit D. And one of the characteristics of obesity is low vit D.
I had been on approximately 500mgs per day but advised by my G.P. friend and colleague to up it to 4000 mgs per day in winter, early spring.

Would it not be easier to get fit and lose weight, eat well and stop snacking?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PadraicHenryPearse

Here is some advise. Skull had previously shared this, but to elaborate. One of the first things covid patients get along with other meds is Vit D. They infact get alot of it depending on bloods test, but typically up to 20,000 mgs.  Almost 90% of patients admitted with covid are tested low in vit D. And one of the characteristics of obesity is low vit D.
I had been on approximately 500mgs per day but advised by my G.P. friend and colleague to up it to 4000 mgs per day in winter, early spring.

can you provide evidence of the above? that vitamin d is given to covid patients as one of the first things and typically up to 20000mgs (I think you are using the wrong term here).

also the HSE and NICE have a page on vitamin d so people should check that out as a first point of call, followed by Dr. visit if they decided to take Vit D. In Ireland during winter its likely people could use it.

as far as I am aware there is no clinical trials which show vit d as a treatment for covid only observational studies have been carried out to date.

Itchy

That's been known since the very early days, I always found it odd that people were not advised to take vit d supplements as a preventative measure. Supplements are readily available over the counter. Yet it never made it into any hse or public safety documentation. Maybe there's a reason for its omission, but I don't know what it is.

https://www.tcd.ie/news_events/articles/further-evidence-that-vitamin-d-might-protect-against-severe-covid-19-disease-and-death/

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Itchy on December 31, 2021, 03:35:27 PM

That's been known since the very early days, I always found it odd that people were not advised to take vit d supplements as a preventative measure. Supplements are readily available over the counter. Yet it never made it into any hse or public safety documentation. Maybe there's a reason for its omission, but I don't know what it is.

https://www.tcd.ie/news_events/articles/further-evidence-that-vitamin-d-might-protect-against-severe-covid-19-disease-and-death/

People are not advised to take vit D because there is no patent on it. That's no good for the Pfizer's of this world.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 31, 2021, 05:36:03 PM

People are not advised to take vit D because there is no patent on it. That's no good for the Pfizer's of this world.

Except vit d is advised... it is just not specifically advised for covid.

JoG2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 31, 2021, 05:36:03 PM

The same Pjizer who have saved and prolonged countless millions of lives inc members of your own family immediate / extended  no doubt...why does there have to be a bogeyman?

From the Bunker

PadraicHenryPearse

are you showing that to show us all what mis information is?

RedHand88

JoG2

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 31, 2021, 06:21:43 PM

Time to grow up Bunker and start taking a bit of responsibility for the absolute nonsense you post. We're in the middle of a pandemic and the kind of crap* you and your ilk post is costing lives as people will be gullible enough to believe it!

* complete and utter

thebigfella

From the Bunker

armaghniac

While what doesn't kill makes you strong, the problem is that a lot of people die in the process.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on December 31, 2021, 07:05:00 PM
While what doesn't kill makes you strong, the problem is that a lot of people die in the process.

Time will tell, but the panic created coming into the arrival of Omnicron telling/frightening people into getting a Booster (that was next to useless against the variant) told it's old story!

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 31, 2021, 07:14:40 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 31, 2021, 07:05:00 PM

Time will tell, but the panic created coming into the arrival of Omnicron telling/frightening people into getting a Booster (that was next to useless against the variant) told it's old story!

more mis information but at this stage I'm almost sure you are just a WUM...