Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 09:41:47 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 27, 2021, 09:28:02 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 09:25:09 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 27, 2021, 09:22:44 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 09:09:08 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 27, 2021, 09:06:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 08:58:55 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 27, 2021, 08:55:02 PM
care to explain how vaccines or drugs are approved generally and timeframes and what impacts timeframes?

I'd say they take usually longer than a year? Wouldn't you?

They do, not least because there isn't a hurry and neither companies nor regulators need to move quickly.

What your saying basically in this case corners had to be cut. It was/is an emergency.

No it doesn't.... the process of approving vaccines was expedited over everything else because we are in a global pandemic. They still went through the same due diligence.

But in a shorter timeframe.

No but again how many times does this have to be explained

Anyway back to the 8.7 Billion Vaccines that have been administered. That's a lot of production in 12 months. How do they do it with a new drug and keep all the other drugs on the go? It's a lot of production in a short period of time.

No it's not when most of the manufacturing is outsourced but again you are clutching as you haven't a clue. So now you are disputing it's Impossible to manufacture globally the number of vaccines? Yet you have nothing to back up that assumption.

thebigfella

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 09:53:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 27, 2021, 09:47:45 PM
care to explain how vaccines or drugs are approved generally and timeframes and what impacts timeframes?

They do, not least because there isn't a hurry and neither companies nor regulators need to move quickly.

What your saying basically in this case corners had to be cut. It was/is an emergency.

No it doesn't.... the process of approving vaccines was expedited over everything else because we are in a global pandemic. They still went through the same due diligence.

Anyway back to the 8.7 Billion Vaccines that have been administered. That's a lot of production in 12 months. How do they do it with a new drug and keep all the other drugs on the go? It's a lot of production in a short period of time.

I've a friend who's a production manager in a local pharmaceutical company, they are working  shifts around the clock, that's how they do it

My humble Mathematics works out that if one Pharmaceutical firm made One Billion Vaccinations and it took them one second to make each vaccine shot - it would take them 33 years to make a Billion Vaccines shots.

I'm sure with all the processes that each Vaccine shot gets more than one second allocated to it in the production process.

Yeah but pharmaceutical firms outsource the manufacturing to multiple plants. You really haven't a clue how the industry works.

From the Bunker

Quote from: thebigfella on December 27, 2021, 10:00:59 PM

No it's not when most of the manufacturing is outsourced but again you are clutching as you haven't a clue. So now you are disputing it's Impossible to manufacture globally the number of vaccines? Yet you have nothing to back up that assumption.

I have mathematics to back up the assumption.  A Billion is a very big number. Try counting to it sometime? It will take you more than likely 33 years!

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 10:08:54 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 27, 2021, 10:00:59 PM

I have mathematics to back up the assumption.  A Billion is a very big number. Try counting to it sometime? It will take you more than likely 33 years!

don't Google aspirin, you won't be able to comprehend the mathematics....

armaghniac

My humble Mathematics works out that if one Pharmaceutical firm made One Billion Vaccinations and it took them one second to make each vaccine shot - it would take them 33 years to make a Billion Vaccines shots.

I'm sure with all the processes that each Vaccine shot gets more than one second allocated to it in the production process.

Yet 1.5 billion flu vaccines are produced annually without any particular panic.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

David McKeown

Is the problem with the mathematical equation not that you assume each vaccine shot requires a distinct period of time. If it takes 1 second to make 1 shot or 1000 shots all being made simultaneously then the maths as it's portrayed here falls apart.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

From the Bunker

Quote from: David McKeown on December 27, 2021, 10:18:18 PM
Is the problem with the mathematical equation not that you assume each vaccine shot requires a distinct period of time. If it takes 1 second to make 1 shot or 1000 shots all being made simultaneously then the maths as it's portrayed here falls apart.

Good Point!

But how long does it take to make 1000 shots (if that is a batch), surely more than 16 minutes (1000 seconds). Think of all the processes it still has to go through.

David McKeown

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 10:26:54 PM

Good Point!

But how long does it take to make 1000 shots (if that is a batch), surely more than 16 minutes (1000 seconds). Think of all the processes it still has to go through.

I used the figures to illustrate my point. I've no idea either a how long it takes to make 1 shot or b how many shots can be manufactured simultaneously although I assume it's considerably more than 1. The point I make is without that info I don't think any weight can be placed on that mathematical model.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

From the Bunker

Quote from: David McKeown on December 27, 2021, 10:29:35 PM

Good Point!

I used the figures to illustrate my point. I've no idea either a how long it takes to make 1 shot or b how many shots can be manufactured simultaneously although I assume it's considerably more than 1. The point I make is without that info I don't think any weight can be placed on that mathematical model.

Fair enough. My point is that Vaccines are not made Willy-Nilly, they take time to be produced and to produce large quantities, as in in the Billions takes a considerable amount of time. I have only dealt with the hypotheses of 1 Billion - there has been 8.7 Billion consumed so far.

LeoMc

I've a friend who's a production manager in a local pharmaceutical company, they are working  shifts around the clock, that's how they do it

My humble mathematics works out that if a house takes 12 months to build there could have only been 21 houses made this century.

thebigfella

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 10:34:58 PM

Good Point!

Fair enough. My point is that Vaccines are not made Willy-Nilly, they take time to be produced and to produce large quantities, as in in the Billions takes a considerable amount of time. I have only dealt with the hypotheses of 1 Billion - there has been 8.7 Billion consumed so far.

You're an idiot

From the Bunker

Quote from: thebigfella on December 27, 2021, 10:46:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2021, 10:34:58 PM

Good Point!

Your an idiot

Did you have to resort to name calling?  :-\

From the Bunker

Quote from: LeoMc on December 27, 2021, 10:41:20 PM

My humble mathematics works out that if a house takes 12 months to build there could have only been 21 houses made this century.

Yeah, that seem on the ball. If you Build one house in a year - you'll build on average 21 houses in 21 years.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Things must be bad, there are no PCR tests available in Derry at all

Wildweasel74

Bunker you starting to pollute this page, you went from trying to argue a stand point no matter if people agree with it or not, to talking absolute crap. There many things about Covid 19 am not happy with, and got a number of questions about the virus and govt mishandlings but I try to look as if am not losing touch with reality, as at the end of the day am not a doctor/ scientist as I have to go on their professional advice and not on shit been posted on Facebook by persons unqualified who just happy to share their rantings for attention. Hell I know one of the main leaders of the anti vac in the North and I can't understand the crazy attitude, person lost tons of friends.