PSNI 50-50 Recruitment

Started by Orior, April 06, 2011, 10:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

I see that the Dail raised concerns that the British were dropping the 50-50 recruitment policy for the PSNI.

I may be wrong (I usually am) but this seems the first in a very very long time that the Irish Government has stood up for its citizens in the north.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Banana Man

Quote from: Orior on April 06, 2011, 10:49:00 AM
I see that the Dail raised concerns that the British were dropping the 50-50 recruitment policy for the PSNI.

I may be wrong (I usually am) but this seems the first in a very very long time that the Irish Government has stood up for its citizens in the north.

when you say dail, who raised it for discussion and who raised concerns?

Kerry Mike

There was a thread last week about Irish people joining the British Army and some here passed comment that they were somehow traitors, do people say the same thing about joining the PSNI or is it a non-issue for the majority of people except the likes of those murdering scum who killed young Kerr last weekend?

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Orior on April 06, 2011, 10:49:00 AM

Hmm,  I wouldn't overstate it.

Gerry Adams raised it from the floor and asked Enda to bring it up with the British government when he could.  Enda said he would.

/Jim.

EC Unique

Quote from: Kerry Mike on April 06, 2011, 11:11:26 AM
There was a thread last week about Irish people joining the British Army and some here passed comment that they were somehow traitors, do people say the same thing about joining the PSNI (poice service of Northern Ireland) or is it a non-issue for the majority of people except the likes of those murdering scum who killed young Kerr last weekend?

Big difference.

SLIGONIAN

Its important imo to keep the 50-50 rule in the PSNI. It will help both sides of the community to have equal representation and help steer clear of the bad old days of ruc.

Kerry mike do you really think joining the britsh army is the same as the psni? Joining the PSNI as catholic imo should be a non issue and i would welcome it, more representation for catholics the better, i totally condemn the murder last week, absolute scum and barbaric act,

I know i called irish people who joined the british army traitors but even them clowns wouldnt deserve killing over it, its a difference of opinion, ethos and views, nothing more.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"