Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

I watched two films recently:

The Martian: I thought it was pretty good, enjoyable enough show without being too taxing.7/10

Jobs: I was a bit disappointed in this. it was OK, but didn't really grab the interest the way it should as someone who has recently finished the Jobs biography. 5/10
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Walter Cronc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 18, 2016, 01:35:43 PM

The Martian: I thought it was pretty good, enjoyable enough show without being too taxing.7/10

Jobs: I was a bit disappointed in this. it was OK, but didn't really grab the interest the way it should as someone who has recently finished the Jobs biography. 5/10

Saw The Martian at the weekend. Very enjoyable!

oakleaflad

Saw Creed, was better than I expected.

ludermor

Anyone see Dope? watched it at the weekend and it was great fun.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 18, 2016, 01:48:06 PM
I have Creed, southpaw and Spectre all lined up to watch next
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 18, 2016, 01:39:29 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 18, 2016, 01:35:43 PM

Saw The Martian at the weekend. Very enjoyable!
Didn't really like The Martian at all. It was OK but I was expecting more.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Solace - Anthony Hopkins. Average enough crime thriller 6.3/10

screenexile

Hearing very differing views about the Revenant. A lot of people saying it's shit.

The Iceman

Watched "Room" at the end of last week. 6/10. Very harrowing content. First hour was edge of the seat stuff then the second hour was a let down.  Subject definitely weighs down on you.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

shawshank

Quote from: screenexile on January 18, 2016, 02:54:29 PM
Hearing very differing views about the Revenant. A lot of people saying it's shit.

seen it, disappointed with it. Visually it is excellent, but just a decent to good movie, nothing more. Both Hardy & De Capio are excellent.

gallsman

Quote from: shawshank on January 18, 2016, 04:25:03 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 18, 2016, 02:54:29 PM

seen it, disappointed with it. Visually it is excellent, but just a decent to good movie, nothing more. Both Hardy & De Capio are excellent.

I'd compare the Revenant to Gravity from a few years ago. Absolutely stunning looking and the scale of the thing is enormous but a but weak on the story and the script that tells it.

JimStynes

DiCaprio was unreal in it again. Up there as one of my favourite actors.

trileacman

The revenant is shite. Frontier man seeks revenge against person who murders his family. Imagine in your head where that story goes and you've seen the film and saved an hour of your time. He's an outstanding actor but don't see what DiCaprio does well in it. Grunting for 2 hours isn't acting.

IMO any film that involves you escaping your pursuers by jumping in a river should be immediately discarded. It's the greatest cliche in film making and it looks like that director hasn't a original idea in his head. That's not even mentioning the Han Solo scene.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Over the Bar

The trailer for The Revenant gives away the story anyway so just watch it saved me 2 hours of my time.

Longshanks

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 18, 2016, 02:00:02 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on January 18, 2016, 01:48:06 PM
I have Creed, southpaw and Spectre all lined up to watch next

Thought creed was excellent and southpaw was a big dissapointment.

Spectre in my opinion never really got going, could have been great. It got alot of praise but to be honest I'm unsure why.