(Spoilers)Making a Murderer - for those who have watched all 10

Started by PadraicHenryPearse, January 04, 2016, 08:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeculativeEffort

Just finished watching it and found it fascinating.

At no point do the Police come across as trustworthy. The description of the crime as released in a press conference after Brendan Dassey's 'confession' is just completely
incredible. No way could he have articulated the description that the police offered to the press. He hardly ever even put a full sentence together never mind offer up the level of gruesome
description that you would normally find in a horror fiction story. It's just not believable. Looking at the tapes, the police put words in his mouth. How could there be no DNA or blood
in the trailer if any of that happened. It is impossible.

Finding the key on the 7th search was madness too. Plus the bullet turning up the day after Lenk returns to the scene. It all just stinks so badly.

It is also interesting how the jury began deliberations with 7 saying not guilty, 3 guilty and 2 undecided and ended with a unanimous guilty verdict.
The blood vial from the previous case was tampered with an a hole pierced in it.  Who did that? And why?
Then the FBI find a way of testing the blood that can test for EDTA which wasn't previously possible. How can they prove the test was trustworthy?
The defense should have been allowed full transparency on the method of testing etc.
How do we know the test was ever done apart from the 'results' that were returned? Has any EDTA testing being admissable as evidence in any case since?

I don't know whether he did it or not but I don't know how he was convicted on the evidence presented.

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

stew

I believe him to be guilty however the cops involved in this case that are dirty need life, I cannot believe I am saying this but Dassey needs to be let out and the other bastard needs a new trial in Milwaukee or beyond.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

From the Bunker

It's plain and simple, Avery was/is an uneducated, low IQ, trailer-park stereo-type. People and his like just end being banged up, whether its for what he does or what he is. Being guilty/innocent has no relevance to the Judiciary system. I'd say this sort of thing (framing)happens week in week out in middle America and beyond. Just that someone took a bit more interest in Steven Avery and it has got a bit more exposure so we the general public got to notice it. 

When you have the Judge completely biased toward your conviction. A  Nephew who is dumb with a Defence Lawyer not on his side and wanting him to plead guilty. A Police force who you showed up last time round and rubbed their nose in it. You are on a hiding to nothing.

Claire Daly took the Cops on in this country and they watched her and tried to nab her with Drink driving.

You take on the Police at your Peril!

stew

I have first hand experience with the Manitowoc PD, I got a call from a manager at the US Cellular store in Manitowoc, the cops were in the store looking to know the calls from a ctn, (cellular telephone number) The problem is that legally you cannot give that info out until the bill is ready because at that point the length of the call and all pertinent information must be accurate.
The cops were squeezing him to help them out by divulging the information and stressing the importance of getting the number because it was needed in relation to a sexual crime, the manager called for advice and I told him to contact the company attorney and gave him the number, the thing is, they did not want to wait for the subpoena to get sent to them, and by the time I got there they were desperate for the information and applied pressure on me to give them what they needed, not big fans of following the law those two cops.

screenexile

Quote from: stew on January 07, 2016, 05:02:39 PM
I believe him to be guilty however the cops involved in this case that are dirty need life, I cannot believe I am saying this but Dassey needs to be let out and the other b**tard needs a new trial in Milwaukee or beyond.

Fair play stew for going and watching it its not often someone changes their mind on here. I'd say its crazy to know some of the folk involved.

I'm just getting through 9 & 10 here it's incredible stuff!!

Hopefully something can be done to get the young lad out but it just goes to show the blind faith these people on juries have for law enforcement and take everything they say as gospel.

macdanger2

Quote from: screenexile on January 07, 2016, 10:05:24 PM
Quote from: stew on January 07, 2016, 05:02:39 PM
I believe him to be guilty however the cops involved in this case that are dirty need life, I cannot believe I am saying this but Dassey needs to be let out and the other b**tard needs a new trial in Milwaukee or beyond.

Fair play stew for going and watching it its not often someone changes their mind on here. I'd say its crazy to know some of the folk involved.

I'm just getting through 9 & 10 here it's incredible stuff!!

Hopefully something can be done to get the young lad out but it just goes to show the blind faith these people on juries have for law enforcement and take everything they say as gospel.

Indeed, fair play stew for being open to reconsidering.

Two things in particular struck me - the public synopsis of Dassey's confession on live TV, wtf?? Are there no rules in the states about what can and can't be broadcast before a trial?? That kind of thing has to sway a huge amount of potential jurors who are watching.

If he did do it, it couldn't have been at that site or there would have been no end of forensics to back up the prosecution. Also,  is it possible to burn an entire body down to a few bone fragments in a bonfire?? I would have thought you'd need something more industrial to do that. The defence didn't seem to question it though so perhaps it is possible

Gold

Watched it all...just finished it

Absolutely incredible by the police and prosecution. Give me the PSNI/Gardai anyday over those boys

What about Stevens new Girlfriend/penpal/granny who was writing to him whilst her husband was dying....wtf?!

Pity Brendan....Len for Lawyer of the year....what a crook....and his investigator crying over a blue ribbon?!?!

That TV style trial with 'post match analysis' daily where the players are asked questions on their performance is ridiculous. ...those trials were farcical with Hick Juries inevitably finding the men guilty despite the poor/tainted evidence and crooked cops

Young fella being questioned without a Lawyer or appropriate adult...cops over sitting right beside him...and the crooked as f**k hick judge ruling it admissible....mental!
Only in America
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ludermor

Quote from: Gold on January 08, 2016, 12:34:10 AM
Watched it all...just finished it

Absolutely incredible by the police and prosecution. Give me the PSNI/Gardai anyday over those boys

What about Stevens new Girlfriend/penpal/granny who was writing to him whilst her husband was dying....wtf?!

Pity Brendan....Len for Lawyer of the year....what a crook....and his investigator crying over a blue ribbon?!?!

That TV style trial with 'post match analysis' daily where the players are asked questions on their performance is ridiculous. ...those trials were farcical with Hick Juries inevitably finding the men guilty despite the poor/tainted evidence and crooked cops

Young fella being questioned without a Lawyer or appropriate adult...cops over sitting right beside him...and the crooked as f**k hick judge ruling it admissible....mental!
Only in America
Im waiting for someone to do a similar documentary on the death and aftermath of Richie Barron, we have our share of corrupt cops.

stew

Let's not forget that the bastard lured TH to the site and that he openly spoke about torturing women and making a torture chamber, the key issue, a cop physically shook a bookcase and the keys allegedly fell on the floor.

I just heard a Judge saying Avery defence team were 'The best of the best' and ' The cream of the crop' That flies in the face on assessments of their performance, and by the way, I have not changed my position on Avery, but I have on Dassey in that he should be out and facing a new trial, but years from now, when the dust settles on this trial, there needs to be a reckoning, senior Attorneys, police officers and their leaders must be held accountable for their sins, if which there are many.

TF15

Whether Avery is innocent I cannot 100% say, but what I can is he nor Dassey (who I believe is 100% innocent) can be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt with the evidence given by the prosecution. It's a disgrace and I could literally write page after page of the reasons why ( which I'll likely do at some point lol )

Lenk, Colborn, Kratz, Fassbender, Kachinsky, O' Kelly  and the two cops who took Dasseys original statement are rotten to the core. Maybe they thought they had the right man and we're going to do anything possible to put him away but that's not justice and they know Dasseys life is collateral damage for getting Avery, there can be no moral argument for their actions when a child's life is taken from him. They took the law into their own hands and manipulated the evidence. I've no doubt of that.

I remain sceptical about Teresa's ex boyfriend and something about her brother doesn't sit well with me either. The phone calls being deleted and her phone being hacked troubles me. Bobby Dassey and his father didn't come out of it well either. But NOBODY else was looked at, that alone is extremely poor police work.

A harrowing and thought provoking documentary series, i hope justice prevails, but that is rather in hope than expectation.

TF15

Does anyone believe the police could have killed her or she killed herself (that video she took of herself is strange in the extreme). Almost like a video a terminally ill person would make

stew

Quote from: TF15 on January 08, 2016, 02:27:15 PM
Does anyone believe the police could have killed her or she killed herself (that video she took of herself is strange in the extreme). Almost like a video a terminally ill person would make

Avery killed her, absolutely no doubt in my mind, the problem is the cops could very well be the reason he walks because of the horrible job they did investigating the. case.

fearbrags

A pure sham
Jury presumed Guilty  from the off instead of the other way around As for Dassey's Lawyer Len, he should never be allowed to defend anybody ever again
Unbelievable  that that would happen in  the Us in 2007 

http://uproxx.com/tv/megyn-kelly-making-a-murderer-lawyers/

fearbrags

Stew Even though You changed your tune a lot from beginning of this thread , I would not want you on ""my Jury"" Just saying  ;)