Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Would ye take an under 21 win or a win against donegal

BluestackBoy

Quote from: rrhf on April 21, 2015, 09:36:46 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 21, 2015, 08:01:12 PM
Quote from: rrhf on April 21, 2015, 06:19:23 PM
Last years all Ireland finalists and league semi finalists with an astute fresh new manager who they all really believe can win out in a championship cauldron against a 3 times all ireland winner.
I dont doubt Donegals on field ability - they should win on that alone.  But until their novice manager wins a few championship games without Jimmy making the big calls, and gets that monkey off his back the pressure might come on him.   The fall out with Jimmy Mc Guinness is well done and dusted now. Is it fair to say in his last championship game involved with Donegal they got drubbed in Croke Park and as a result he took the fall. Next year they were in an All Ireland final without him involved.  I wish the lad well and hope that he can piece it together 2 years on...   
Inexperience on the line could be a great leveller. MH is Tyrones trump card if the games tight.

I don't know where you got that from but it is news to me.
Was the mayo game not the tipping point in that management team.

As usual there was little in the way of leaks from the camp, but my information is that they fell out over the training regime for older players.
Gallagher wanted them to rest more but McGuinness disagreed.
This might be right, it might be wrong but I don't think the Mayo result had anything to do with the split.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

rrhf

Fuzzman

U21 win I think is massive for us and for that management team. Nobody remembers nearly men, ask Mayo as it actually works against you psychologically.
I haven't saw Tipp but believe they're a great outfit but I would be happier with those U21s believing they are champions and then getting loads of back door matches away from the Ulster pressure cooker to build experience and confidence.
It should also push on players like Mattie, McCurry etc to the next level as they see the competition putting them under pressure.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 23, 2015, 09:16:20 AM
U21 win I think is massive for us and for that management team. Nobody remembers nearly men, ask Mayo as it actually works against you psychologically.
I haven't saw Tipp but believe they're a great outfit but I would be happier with those U21s believing they are champions and then getting loads of back door matches away from the Ulster pressure cooker to build experience and confidence.
It should also push on players like Mattie, McCurry etc to the next level as they see the competition putting them under pressure.

+1

Main Street

If solace helps tyronies in these trying and challenging times, then so be it.

tyroneman

Very quiet on this game so far.

Can't see Tyrone get within an asses roar of Donegal. It's odd that in the last 3 championship meetings we almost has their number in the first one. Switching play, shooting from distance, stretching the pitch. It was only very poor accuracy stopped a Tyrone win.

Since then we have played right into Donegals hands with laboured build up, running into tackles and poor, late ball into the forwards.

redzone

i see the mind games hav begone already with donegal lad starting another thread on this game.ignore them  ::)

illdecide

I dunno...if Tyrone were to win against Donegal and them U21's come into the set up and the place buzzing from that massive win things would be good and there would be great competition for places...For me senior football is top dog and to go to Ballybofey and beat Donegal in their own back yard would be better than anything the U21's could do.

I do believe the game will be a lot closer than people think but I still think Donegal will win by 2-3pts.

On a bit of humour I hope both teams kick the living shit out of each other and there are 10 men suspended for your next Championship game no matter who wins ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

nrico2006

Tyrone haven't a hope.  Be lucky to finish within 8 points of this great Donegal side. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

Who would ye rather get illDecide?

illdecide

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 30, 2015, 12:28:18 PM
Who would ye rather get illDecide?

Donegal...

1) We'd be home for that
2) Last years defeat should inspire them
3) Tyrone will want revenge for last years mauling from us in Omagh
4) Just couldn't bear Tyrone to beat us ;)
5) We'd have to travel to Omagh if its tyrone
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Fuzzman

6. Good to get Tyrone out of Ulster asap

bambi

Lads / Lassies, hopefully this post makes it up here, there is a great event to get a good discussion going on the 2015 Ulster championship and the All-Ireland as a whole and is being held in the Kilmore in Cavan on Friday week (8 May 2015).

The Ballybay Senior team are hosting an All Ireland preview night and have secured a very interesting panel - Declan O'Sullivan (Kerry), Michael Meehan (Galway), Anthony Moyles (Meath) and Kevin Cassidy (Donegal). Declan Bogue (Author and journalist) will MC the event and should ensure an interesting debate between the panel.

Four course meal, wine and other entertainment on the night also, all for €50!! Promises to be brilliant!

Tickets can be bought online at this http://ballybaypearsebrothers.bigcartel.com/product/all-ireland-launch-night

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on April 18, 2015, 12:09:35 PM
Hard to look past Donegal, Tyrone are carrying too many substandard players imo

Long may that continue,  they have an abundance of substandard players coming through as well judging by the under 21 championship,  excellent at the dark arts and cynical stuff though but then again thats normal when you play for that county. Donegal to win pulling up hopefully.