An Mhí vs An Cabhán, An Uaimh, De Domnaigh. 3pm

Started by thejuice, March 31, 2015, 01:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

With these two teams within a stones throw of each other in the league and given what is at stake I thought this was worthy of its own thread. Cavan beat us soundly last year at home but hopefully after another shakey start to the league I hope we are finishing strong.

While some other meath posters are not too keen on is going up to division 1, it's been that long for us I'd like to go up out of curiosity as much as anything else, just for a change of scenery perhaps. No harm in getting the lads acclimated to that level of opposition no mater the results. Who knows we might even be able for it.

Anyways, on to Cavan this weekend. I imagine we'll line out similarly to last week with Gillespie, O'Rourke and Reilly staying on the first 15. O'Sullivan and Harnan should too. Menton is probably worth starting as well, he seems to be a lad who is starting to really hit his stride.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Quote from: thejuice on March 31, 2015, 01:11:44 AM
With these two teams within a stones throw of each other in the league .
:D

QuoteMenton is probably worth starting as well, he seems to be a lad who is starting to really hit his stride
I'm hoping we've finally found John McDermott's replacement.

thejuice

John McDermott......?

Hardy!

Please.....pour favor....sil vous plait!

But yes he is coming good.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

A fit and firing Gillespie makes such a difference to this team.
He's more of a replacement for Big Mac than Menton.
Menton has the potential to be the running midfielder we need though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

There are 1952 reasons for why Cavan will win on Sunday.

I am fancying our chances, would be great if we had Killian Clarke and Michael Argue back but even so we are going well enough without them.

Hardy

Quote from: Jinxy on March 31, 2015, 02:47:30 PM
A fit and firing Gillespie makes such a difference to this team.
He's more of a replacement for Big Mac than Menton.
Menton has the potential to be the running midfielder we need though.

Gillespie has a good few years of potential behind him by now. I just think Menton shows signs of the strength, power and attitude we saw in the young Mac

mylestheslasher

Midfield should be a mighty battle in this match. Gearoid McKiernan has been going well but I would love to get Killian Clarke back in there two, he would make the difference.

By all accounts Meath are a bigger team but if the ground firms up and the weather is decent I think the hard running of Cavan might be enough to win this.

Denn Forever

Do Meath have a full back who can handle Martin Dunne?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

seafoid

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 02, 2015, 01:53:04 PM
Midfield should be a mighty battle in this match. Gearoid McKiernan has been going well but I would love to get Killian Clarke back in there two, he would make the difference.

By all accounts Meath are a bigger team but if the ground firms up and the weather is decent I think the hard running of Cavan might be enough to win this.
how do you think Cavan will do in Ulster, Myles  ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mylestheslasher

Well we have on paper a good draw but that's a good draw relative to other potentials in Ulster.
I think we have a team that can beat Monaghan, we are certainly good enough to beat Fermanagh or Antrim. That said those teams, especially Monaghan, are also well able to beat Cavan on their day. I am hopeful that we can make the final. I am thinking Monaghan are blowing the load a bit early and may do a Derry when championship comes!

With a bit of luck the poor beggars that get through the bloodbath that is the other side of the draw will be so wrecked they won't be able to perform in the final. Shame for us is that Keating and Givney opted out, Keating especially.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

thejuice

Connor McGill should handle him no bother. Kevin Reilly should stay at half back.

Hardy