Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

A friend posted a pic on Facebook the other day cycling up Hardknott Pass in the Lake District. Looks absolutely brutal and she was 100 miles in when she had to climb it  :'(.

All that exercise can't be good for you  :)

bennydorano

Couple of boys from our club did the Fred Whitton Challenge last year in appalling conditions, Hardknot & other similar monstrosities in it, brutal stuff.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on May 24, 2014, 10:11:05 PM
Couple of boys from our club did the Fred Whitton Challenge last year in appalling conditions, Hardknot & other similar monstrosities in it, brutal stuff.
Aye that's the one she was doing. She is seriously fit but think that was tough going.

gerry

some craic on the giro yesterday, a lot riders time to make up over these last few days.

hard to think they would be this much snow about in late May

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Mayo4Sam

Came of the TT bike in a race on Sunday, huge crack in the frame, f**king disaster
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerry

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 28, 2014, 09:56:43 AM
Came of the TT bike in a race on Sunday, huge crack in the frame, f**king disaster

not  good and i guess there is feck all you can do

Mayo4Sam

Getting mixed reports, some places seem to be able to fix it and lots of people saying dont go near a damaged bike

gerry

heading out today with my son and eventually try out my new wheels

gerry

a damaged tt bike would be dodgy due to the force you would be applying, different if it was leisure riding

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gerry on May 28, 2014, 10:08:00 AM
a damaged tt bike would be dodgy due to the force you would be applying, different if it was leisure riding

That's what I like doing at the weekends :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Quote from: gerry on May 28, 2014, 09:52:22 AM
some craic on the giro yesterday, a lot riders time to make up over these last few days.

hard to think they would be this much snow about in late May

Makes the Antrim Coast cycle look attractive
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mayo4Sam

bennydorano

I've ordered the Planet X , with full Ultegra 11speed,  too good a deal to pass up, cycle to work scheme job as well.

Milltown Row2

slightly frustrated at my cycling, well lack of would maybe be a better way of putting it. Was only 12 miles for the race on Sat and while the route (IMO) was hilly it was still done by the fast in 29 min me on the other hand completed the distance in 47 min :(

Now I had a Specialized make, decent enough bike worth about a grand, while there are some serious bikes on show the difference in me riding the bike and the others was very noticeable. I don't know if I'm in the right gear at times either (I don't have the legs looking as if they are going faster that the wheels)

So do I need more hours on the bike, I do maybe 20 miles out on the road a week, and obviously during the shitty weather I was always spinning at the gym (not that that well replicate road ridding)

So what I'm looking is, how can I improve? Very annoying as in Triathlons it's the cycling that makes the time a lot better.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Join a cycling club (or ride with a club a few times) just to get some proper advice.  The simple things you pick up all add up and will make a difference.