Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

That looks good! Give it a go

Aye haven't played regular enough this past few months because my weekends have been taken up with running for the marathon and tutoring children in the afternoons. Plus the weather was shit for a long time! Overall though my long game is going alright and my short game is terrible as per usual  :o  Lighter nights not too far away!

Mayo4Sam

Anyone racing this weather, did the Des Hanlon in Carlow yesterday, great race but f**k me it was tough going
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerry

Your operating on a different level that the rest of us if your racing. What cat are you?
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Mayo4Sam

Oh A4 and going backwards!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerry

some of you guys putting big miles in for march on the strava site, 76 and 62 mile and here was me thinking i was doing well with a 60 miler in.  btw i hate the fecking wind

bennydorano

Back on the Summer bike this week, the bones & muscles are taking time to settle back in - had a couple of very uncomfortable spins, bit better today although the weather was kat.

thebigfella

Quote from: bennydorano on March 29, 2014, 08:28:20 PM
Back on the Summer bike this week, the bones & muscles are taking time to settle back in - had a couple of very uncomfortable spins, bit better today although the weather was kat.

Never understood why people have summer/winter bikes. Nothing wrong with having plenty of bikes but just can't fathom this trend of buying expensive bikes and then not cycling it for fear of getting it dirty.

pullhard

My Roadie is sick please help me fix her.

This has happened few times, Coasting up to a red light, feet on the pedals but not spinning. The lights change to green, and press down on the pedals and no resistance and im just left there spinning. I drop a few cogs and im able to set off again. Annoying, worried and dangerous. Any ideas ?

JimStynes

Quote from: thebigfella on March 30, 2014, 08:35:17 PM

Never understood why people have summer/winter bikes. Nothing wrong with having plenty of bikes but just can't fathom this trend of buying expensive bikes and then not cycling it for fear of getting it dirty.

Is it because the salt on the roads during the winter damages the carbon or maybe more chance falling off in the ice in the winter time? Not sure either but I know boys with 3 and 4k bikes that only ride them about 3 months of the year and use their winter bike the rest of the time!

bennydorano

See Andy Schleck is still a fanny, Frank looking good tho in Corsica.

gerry

Frank looked good alright and he was up for a win as well going by the attacking he was making. sagan looked good on the harelbeke, hopefully this sunday fabian and tom will give him a run for his money.

maddog

Officially its because of salt on the roads etc. But seeing as the roads aren't gritted as much any more its not such an issue, especially with sealed bottom brackets etc, back in the day I think the aul stuff would have got in there.
Its handy to have one mudguard fitted out and one not anytime of the year given the climate we enjoy.

thebigfella

Quote from: JimStynes on March 30, 2014, 09:52:01 PM

Is it because the salt on the roads during the winter damages the carbon or maybe more chance falling off in the ice in the winter time? Not sure either but I know boys with 3 and 4k bikes that only ride them about 3 months of the year and use their winter bike the rest of the time!

Salt cannot damage carbon and will not reduce the life of components if you wash them down properly after a spin. I don't see What the point having a bike if your feared to ride it, certainly not at 3 or 4k.

thebigfella

Quote from: maddog on March 30, 2014, 11:42:17 PM

Officially its because of salt on the roads etc. But seeing as the roads aren't gritted as much any more its not such an issue, especially with sealed bottom brackets etc, back in the day I think the aul stuff would have got in there.
Its handy to have one mudguard fitted out and one not anytime of the year given the climate we enjoy.

True it's handy to have the mudguards but not to the extent Of buying another bike. Just leave the mudguards on all winter and wash the bike after a ride.

Milltown Row2

You should always wash the 'bike' after a good ride :D

How many posters are doing the Giro stages?? Im off on a stag weekend so missing out.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea