Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2013, 10:56:39 AM
Was out on the bike today, did the course for my triathlon next month, 12 miles in 45 minutes, far bit of climbing in it with one massive hill down to finish. How the main guys find another 15 mins of that is beyond me, some going.

I'm hoping to take a minute or two off that, as the wind was tough.

Where is the course?

I had the ultimate shame today. Heading out out of Carrickfergus, into a big headwind, and two women overtake me. Harrumph!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

maddog

Quote from: Orior on August 18, 2013, 03:53:57 PM
Was out on the bike today, did the course for my triathlon next month, 12 miles in 45 minutes, far bit of climbing in it with one massive hill down to finish. How the main guys find another 15 mins of that is beyond me, some going.

Where is the course?

I had the ultimate shame today. Heading out out of Carrickfergus, into a big headwind, and two women overtake me. Harrumph!

I bet you jumped on their wheel quick enough, for the slipstream purposes of course

imtommygunn

Have been back on the bike this last few weeks due to a running injury. Doing 20ish mile a pop. Might look towards doing a few more miles and a few 100ish mile challenges. As per running slightly addictive once you get into it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on August 18, 2013, 03:53:57 PM

Where is the course?

Out of the Valley Park (facing KFC) head up the road to the roundabout down then O'Neil road on to the Doagh road and travel all the way up to the top road and head out to Ballyrobert turn left and head back to Corrs corner and make way back to the Valley past the Graveyard, that's a serious down hill, I was in top gear peddling like a lunatic !!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mayo4Sam

Its all about the turbo trainer!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerry

Quote from: bennydorano on August 10, 2013, 02:04:08 PM
Read Sean Kelly's Autobiography Hunger - a great read, written in Kelly's Laconic style of commentary a la eurosport.  Fair few typos in the text, so he might have typed it up himself as well. :P  Couple of great 'spakes' in it.

I've just started In Search of Robert Millar (by Richard Moore) and it's a bit of a page tuner too.  Have Tyler hamilton's 'secret race' and Half man / half bike (eddy mercxx biog) to get through as well (brought those 2 on holidays and drank beer instead of reading).  Guess there's a bit of theme developing in my reading choices.

after listening to second captains last night i might just treat myself to the sean kelly book.  he talked about the classics, stephen roche and his own failed drug tests.

Podcast
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Mayo4Sam

I've read it and its interesting but he says nothing about the drugs, side steps the first due to there being a small about of pee in the B sample so he didnt appeal the 3 month suspended sentence and says the second is from tablets for a cold. Briefly mentions a team mate being kicked out of the TdF for doping but says no more.
But from a cycling point of view very interesting
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

bennydorano

Nearly finished the Robert Millar book - superb.

Milltown Row2

Did same route as last time (12 miles) and managed same time  >:(. Well I don't feel too bad but was hoping to take a minute of it, 2 weeks till race day!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Babe Ruth 47

Great win for Roche today in the Vuelta, hopefully he can push on from here.

orangeman

Savage stage today and a brilliant win for Roche.

Orior

Did anyone here do the Lap of the Lough today?

I was the cyclist going in the other direction in Aontrim
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

I did it, actually my first time too. Went round fairly sharpish, going out yesterday for 45m probably didn't help me.

Planning on doing the Causeway Sportive Saturday week, that'll be a different ballgame.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on August 25, 2013, 09:36:31 PM
I did it, actually my first time too. Went round fairly sharpish, going out yesterday for 45m probably didn't help me.

Planning on doing the Causeway Sportive Saturday week, that'll be a different ballgame.

How long did it take you benny? I was looking to do the causeway coast but injury has meant i have been off the bike now for about 3 and half weeks ffs.

bennydorano

I cycled from Armagh & met boys in Portydown so ended up doing 90m @ 18.8mph average. Only stopped once for 15mins.