Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Get the pants with the padding on it, it will be grand
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Anyone doing the Wicklow 200 on Sunday? Giving it another go but i've only about 1/4 of the training i had done this time last year as i'd an awful run of luck with illness this winter & spring.

Still no sign of the Optforlife cycle top either, ordered 11 days ago :-[

gerry

Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2013, 10:25:33 PM
Bought this yesterday.

Got some great reviews on bikeradar.com and other sites I checked and Halfords are having a bank holiday sale this weekend so got it for €435.
Not a top of the range bike I know but I didn't want to spend a fortune on something that will probably spend the winter in the shed!
Took it for a quick 20km spin this evening and I can't get over how nicer it is to ride than the last bike I had which was a mountain bike.
Very happy with it.I have a bit of a sore hole after it though,the seat isn't as soft as the last bike!

Great wee bike and a big change from the mountain bike for you.   Just need to get the miles done now
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

Quote from: bennydorano on June 03, 2013, 07:18:46 PM
Anyone doing the Wicklow 200 on Sunday? Giving it another go but i've only about 1/4 of the training i had done this time last year as i'd an awful run of luck with illness this winter & spring.

I had planned to do it and the burren this year but saving my money for France.  You could be out a fortune with this cycling craic with the amount of charity cycles that are on.

Hopefully ur run of bad luck is over benny, nothing worst than seeing ones out on the bike and yours is stuck in the shed

Orior

Quote from: bennydorano on June 03, 2013, 07:18:46 PM

Ditto
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gerry

anyone that watch the giro will not be suprised to know that a second vinti fantini cyclist failed a drug test today. 

bennydorano

Optforlife top arrived, L aint very L   :'(

gerry

alberto had a bad day at the office today and with tomorrows climbs to come he needs  to pull something out of the bag

Orior

Quote from: bennydorano on June 04, 2013, 01:18:31 PM
Optforlife top arrived, L aint very L   :'(

Mine arrived today too. Large is a good fit for me
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Wicklow was spectacular yesterday, beautiful conditions, be a long time before it's done again in those conditions. 126miles of enjoyable torture, near 7,500ft of climbing.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on June 10, 2013, 10:48:38 AM
Wicklow was spectacular yesterday, beautiful conditions, be a long time before it's done again in those conditions. 126miles of enjoyable torture, near 7,500ft of climbing.

That's sum going! Serious amount of climbing in that. How long did it take you?

bennydorano

All day, a days work. 8 & 3/4 hours actual riding time, we cruised round at our leisure. I was reading the cycling boards beforehand and fellas planning to refuel on the bike & not take breaks - now that is maddness, cant see were the enjoyment is in that, especially on such a beautiful day. Some serious hotties about yesterday too

Count 10

Quote from: bennydorano on June 10, 2013, 05:49:02 PM
All day, a days work. 8 & 3/4 hours actual riding time, we cruised round at our leisure. I was reading the cycling boards beforehand and fellas planning to refuel on the bike & not take breaks - now that is maddness, cant see were the enjoyment is in that, especially on such a beautiful day. Some serious hotties about yesterday too

we thought you had the pump shoved down your lycra ;)

gerry

well done benny, some climbing.  a great day for the tan lines

Denn Forever

Programme on 5Live at the minute on 100 years of the Toure de France.  I assume it will be available as a podcast.  Very interesting.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...