Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 20, 2012, 08:29:44 PM
Any one watching road to glory british cycling it's on an the moment on sky 108 . It's about Wiggins and this years tour very interesting

Cracking show
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2012, 09:39:55 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 20, 2012, 08:29:44 PM
Any one watching road to glory british cycling it's on an the moment on sky 108 . It's about Wiggins and this years tour very interesting

Cracking show

Was amazing to see the reaction of the lads in the car when froome made a burst on stage 11 of the tour .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Milltown Row2

For me cycling seems to be a singular sport, must be wile hard to be part of a team and having to work to a game plan and allow others to win or catch up. Motor sport same thing I suppose but you'd think these guys just want to win, end off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maddog

Good show on tg4 now about Irish cycling

gerry

i am all set to do a 200 mile charity cycle this weekend from omagh followed by this wee local lumpy one.  i received a email from ribble telling me that they will only start to build my bike  on the 8th october and i should receive it 3 weeks after that, sure its only being 11 weeks in total

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

bennydorano

Cavendish has signed for Omega Pharma Quickstep.

bennydorano

Cody's Challenge this Sunday from Richhill Rec Centre, last Sportive of the year. Ran by my outfit Steady CC. Fun, 50m & 70m routes, £20 entry, all proceeds to Children's Heartbeat http://formecoaching.com/codys-challenge-sportif-2012/

Orior

That looks like a good setup at Steady.

What route would the 50mile run take from Richhill? I would love to do it, but golf comes first!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Route is on FB somewhere, think it's thru kilmore, ardress, killyman, Dungannon, Aughnacloy, Caledon, Armagh & Richhill.

bennydorano

2013 Tour route revealed, interesting on SSN Wiggins says he'll support Froome for TDF as long as he gets the nod for Giro, deal cut in France last year no doubt. Potential for Yellow for Cav on stage 1 in Corsica.

Orior

Driving home tonight at about 6:30pm and I saw a cyclist with no lights, wearing a black hat, black top and black trousers with no reflective material at all.

Some people are complete dicks.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gerrykeegan

I cycle through the Pheonix Park in Dublin every morning at about 7.00am, there are no lights at all in the park, one morning last winter a noise went past me,I realise its someone on a f**king bike, complete madness.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

bennydorano

We're doing a night ride once a week round  Craigavon area, 2 X15m circuits,  good fun but you need your wits about you. Plenty of lights & night vision gear on the go. Going to get one goin in Armagh shortly.

Mayo4Sam

Anyone use a turbo trainer? What should I be looking for when I'm buying one?
Even basics are required here
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

guy crouchback

i have a tacx satori one, its grand does the job. you want one thats fairly robust and offers good resistance. as far as i know the more expensive ones offer more in the way of fancy gimmicks like a handlebar computers and connection to a PC.

now this stuff might seem unnecessary but if i was buying again i think id get it ,for no other reason then it would keep me interested. when your used to the road a turbo session is deeply boring and this in turn makes it painfull. Anything to keep the intrest in using it up will help, if you can download and then graph performance etc it might encourage you to keep using it.

get a rug or a mat to put it on and a  sweat catcher, also mind whats behind you, a hell of a lot of little bits of rubber came off my back tyre.