The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 08, 2010, 09:28:51 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2010, 09:24:44 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 08, 2010, 09:21:09 PM
I know threads go a bit of topic here but this is pretty left field.

True, but I'm a stubborn b**tard.
With quite an ego.

Who thinks if you are from West Belfast and you wear a Cross top you either vote SF or dont vote at all!

gallsman

Quote from: The Worker on November 08, 2010, 09:30:16 PM

With quite an ego.

Who thinks if you are from West Belfast and you wear a Cross top you either vote SF or dont vote at all!

That's it, put words in my mouth. What I pointed out was an indicator, based on likelihood and probability, nothing more.

gallsman

With quite an ego.

About a tenth the size of yours.

Nally Stand

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2010, 09:20:19 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 08, 2010, 09:16:24 PM
Quote from: The Worker on November 08, 2010, 09:14:40 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2010, 09:05:17 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 08, 2010, 08:37:20 PM
Haven't you heard? If you're not from Belfast, you're a culchie. And if you wear a GAA jersey by-God you vote Sinn Fein. A bit off-topic here but I can't stand this attitude some Belfast people have that the world revolves around their city!  >:(

Not what I was trying to imply at all. In Dublin people call me a culchie for being from Belfast so I'm well aware of the big bad world outside Belfast.

Doire, if you're asking me if I knew someone from West Belfast wearing a Crossmaglen top, yes I would 100% believe that it's reasonable to believe Sinn Fein would be their party of choice, if that particular person voted at all.

I never knew a Gaa top was a political statement!

Me either. The things you learn on this board eh  :o

You're yet to attempt to explain your pseudo-republican snobbery towards solicitors and doctors.

Snobbery towards doctors & solicitors? :D Right! You obviously missed my explanation.

I think the only snob here is your good self through your attitude in last few pages of posts, which could be summed up as "I'm right. If you don't agree with me, it doesn't matter because you are all wrong anyway. I'm much too qualified to speak on these matters to be bothered discussing these things with any of you properly".

In fact, here are a few of the Gallsman snobbery quotes at their finest:

- "I'm reinforcing the point that my insight is a lot greater than yours"

- "I'd have a lot more insight into that demographic's mindset so am slightly more qualified to comment."

- "Believe what you want, I actually don't give a shit."

- [I know] "A lot more [about the voting habits of GAA jersey wearers in universities] than you do, yes."

- "What exactly do you know of Trinity?"

- "I believe I'm slightly better qualified than Pints to comment on such matters....Whether or not he or you dispute this is irrelevant."

:D :D :D And I'M a snob!!?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

gallsman

How is that snobbery in any way?

andoireabu

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2010, 09:05:17 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 08, 2010, 08:37:20 PM
Haven't you heard? If you're not from Belfast, you're a culchie. And if you wear a GAA jersey by-God you vote Sinn Fein. A bit off-topic here but I can't stand this attitude some Belfast people have that the world revolves around their city!  >:(

Not what I was trying to imply at all. In Dublin people call me a culchie for being from Belfast so I'm well aware of the big bad world outside Belfast.

Doire, if you're asking me if I knew someone from West Belfast wearing a Crossmaglen top, yes I would 100% believe that it's reasonable to believe Sinn Fein would be their party of choice, if that particular person voted at all.
So you judge people you have never met simply by the clothes they randomly pick out that day and make calls on what they might or might not do and you don't think that snobbish? If a person wearing a jersey is representitive of a demographic then i hope you are not a representation of people who went to trinity with the stuff you have written on this thread.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

gallsman

Judge? Where did I say anything about judging them? In order to judge them I'd have to make some sort of objective decision about that particular person. I simply pointed to the jersey representing an increased likelihood.

If I see a fella walking down the street in Belfast wearing a Rangers top I automatically assume he's a prod. Anyone on the board who says they don't is talking through their holes.

Hurler on the Bitch

Ref: UTV Live - The unelected Cooonnaalll and his "shared 'Northern Ireland'" sounds like the Alliance Party about 15 years ago; the joke about McGuinness and Robinson is straight out of the Two Ronnies cliche book, the lack of radicalism or relevancy was evident for all to see. Waiting on 'Simply the Best' belting out as yer woman did the Birdie Song at the end. Heaven save us from the People's Front of the Malone Road! Watch out for a Ulster Unionist / Alliance / SDLP coalition ticket at some stage.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2010, 10:11:51 PM
Judge? Where did I say anything about judging them? In order to judge them I'd have to make some sort of objective decision about that particular person. I simply pointed to the jersey representing an increased likelihood.

If I see a fella walking down the street in Belfast wearing a Rangers top I automatically assume he's a prod. Anyone on the board who says they don't is talking through their holes.
but you wouldnt start assuming that he was a UUP voter or DUP voter etc, or maybe you would.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gallsman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 08, 2010, 10:47:53 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2010, 10:11:51 PM

but you wouldnt start assuming that he was a UUP voter or DUP voter etc, or maybe you would.

No I wouldn't but then again, I'd have nothing else to go on. Which isn't the case for the example above, is it?

pintsofguinness

I dont understand that.

gallsman

The read again more carefully, it makes perfect sense.

Considering some of the accusations on this thread pints I've been looking for this gem of yours from quite a while back. Do you remember a discussion about Steve Redgrave potentially being one of the greatest sportsmen of all time? When you started to lose your way and got shouted down your response was:

QuoteI see no point in discussing it further with you, it's my opinion, get over it.

At the very least I've tried to explain my point of view and the experiences I've based it on. You offer nothing.

gallsman

Also Pints, we've done this before several times and we'll no doubt do it again. We both know neither is going to suddenly accept the other's arguement as legitimate.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2010, 11:25:01 PM
The read again more carefully, it makes perfect sense.

Considering some of the accusations on this thread pints I've been looking for this gem of yours from quite a while back. Do you remember a discussion about Steve Redgrave potentially being one of the greatest sportsmen of all time? When you started to lose your way and got shouted down your response was:

QuoteI see no point in discussing it further with you, it's my opinion, get over it.

At the very least I've tried to explain my point of view and the experiences I've based it on. You offer nothing.
No, post the thread.

I'd safely assume though that I wasn't pigeon holing people in to voting patterns based on the "country gaa jersies" they were wearing (when I first seen that I thought you mistyped and meant county gaa jersies )

gallsman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2009, 02:29:24 PM
I see no point in discussing it further with you, it's my opinion, get over it.

Pigeon-holing? Like the majority of night-time cinema-goers being dicks?