FF/FG/PD legacy of greed - 400k on the dole!

Started by Donagh, June 05, 2009, 11:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Over 400,000 on Live Register
CHARLIE TAYLOR

The number of people signing on the Live Register rose by 13,500 to more than 400,000 last month, accoring to new figures from the Central Statistics Office (CSO).

The standardised unemployment rate in May was 11.8 per cent compared 11.4 per cent in April and 7.7 per cent at the end of December 2008.

At the end of May there were 402,100 people on the register, compared to 388,600 in April. During the month 8,800 men and 4,700 women joined the register.

In the year to May, there was a 96.7 per cent rise in the number of people on the register as 195,115 more people signed on. This compares with an unadjusted increase of 188,850 or 96.6 per cent a year earlier.

The estimated number of casual and part-time workers on the Live Register in May was 35,588 males and 30,590 females.

Tubberman

How are FG responsible for the live register figures when they haven't been in power since 1997  ::)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Donagh

Quote from: Tubberman on June 05, 2009, 11:31:50 AM
How are FG responsible for the live register figures when they haven't been in power since 1997  ::)

FG are in the pockets of the developers just as much as FF. They encouraged the property bubble, the culture of greed and would have done nothing substantially different from the FF Mafiosi. If FG had been in power we'd probably have 500k signing on now.

Tubberman

QuoteQuote from: Tubberman on Today at 11:31:50 AM
How are FG responsible for the live register figures when they haven't been in power since 1997 

FG are in the pockets of the developers just as much as FF. They encouraged the property bubble, the culture of greed and would have done nothing substantially different from the FF Mafiosi. If FG had been in power we'd probably have 500k signing on now.

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Pure bias and speculation. I'm not saying the country would still be riding high if FG were in power because nobody knows. But to blame them for the current live register figures is just ridiculous

Gnevin

Quote from: Tubberman on June 05, 2009, 12:35:12 PM
QuoteQuote from: Tubberman on Today at 11:31:50 AM
How are FG responsible for the live register figures when they haven't been in power since 1997 

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Pure bias and speculation. I'm not saying the country would still be riding high if FG were in power because nobody knows. But to blame them for the current live register figures is just ridiculous
Agreed bit much to being pinning this on FG.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Evil Genius

"FF/FG/PD Legacy", eh, Donagh?

Why stop there? Why not blame every other Party except you-know-who.

You never know, it might influence someone who, say, was considering voting in any Election which happened to be coming up somewhere... ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Hound

And sure if the PDs had their way, those on the dole would only get half what they currently get - in which case there'd be a helluva lot less on the dole. Though I don't think the PDs will be picking up too many votes today  ;D

stephenite

Shudder to think what the numbers would be like if Sinn Fein had been in power for the past 20 years

Donagh

Off the top of my head I can think of:
Michael Lowry
Joe McHugh
Olwyn Enright
Liam Cosgrave Jnr

All as greedy and corrupt as anything in FF. Both as bad as the other.

stephenite

What has Olwyn Enright done to be labelled corrupt?

Tubberman

The whole expenses system for TDs is a joke. All expenses are paid out without receipts, dates, anything.
Just stick down a number and it is paid, no questions asked. Ridiculous.
The only reason that Olwyn Enright and Joe McHugh were found out is because they are married. I'd say 95% of TDs are claiming far more than they actually spent on accomodation, fuel etc

stephenite

Lar Naparka

Members of the Oireachtas who are creative when filling in expenses' claim are bad enough but what of those who are lucky enough to be teachers?
Yep, they are still regarded as teachers and paid accordingly, even when they are in receipt of Dail salaries.
That means they are given incremental increases based on their years of "service."
Teacher TDs and senators are to be found on the government side and on the opposition benches, including independents.
There are a total of 20 there at present and in the meantime their posts are filled by temps without contract rights.
A senior minister right now is getting paid his ministerial salary plus a minister's pension, which kicks in after three years ministerial service.
If getting a pension while still in the job stinks, this character is also drawing the salary of a senior teacher, less the amount being paid to his substitute.
I estimate the difference to be in the region of €60,000. I may be out a bit but no more than €5,000 either way.
How can someone like this ask the unemployed and OAPs to tighten the belt and "wear the jersey," as he has done?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 05, 2009, 02:39:13 PM
Members of the Oireachtas who are creative when filling in expenses' claim are bad enough but what of those who are lucky enough to be teachers?
Yep, they are still regarded as teachers and paid accordingly, even when they are in receipt of Dail salaries.
That means they are given incremental increases based on their years of "service."
Teacher TDs and senators are to be found on the government side and on the opposition benches, including independents.
There are a total of 20 there at present and in the meantime their posts are filled by temps without contract rights.
A senior minister right now is getting paid his ministerial salary plus a minister's pension, which kicks in after three years ministerial service.
If getting a pension while still in the job stinks, this character is also drawing the salary of a senior teacher, less the amount being paid to his substitute.
I estimate the difference to be in the region of €60,000. I may be out a bit but no more than €5,000 either way.
How can someone like this ask the unemployed and OAPs to tighten the belt and "wear the jersey," as he has done?

You really have it in for JOM don't you Lar? ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.