Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2017, 03:47:44 PM
Quote from: stew on November 11, 2017, 02:18:04 PM
Quote from: MW on November 11, 2017, 01:20:49 PM
Where are you finding all these people supporting her? I haven't met, spoken to or read online a single one. Including fan forums on OWC and ILS.

Calling him a "Romanian gypsy c**t" was of course a terrible, appalling thing to say. He's a c**t who happens to be from Romania.

Facebook.

They are not fans from the the supporters clubs but they are fans and a lot of the comments are arrogant and repugnant, the hypocrisy is staggering, the very same people that laughed and mocked the Republic after the Henry incident are screaming about the penalty and the injustice of it all, of course all the while agreeing with that racist bitch Evans, there are hundreds of comments agreeing with this woman from so called supporters!

For someone who wouldn't watch the ni team if they were playing in his back garden you've done posts on them lately!

Stew you don't like them do why don't you feck off to another thread, big game tonight to concentrate your enthusiasm!

As already said with the French knocked Ireland out Henry was given dogs abuse including racial by, yes you guessed it Irish supporters!

I always wanted them to win, no longer.

Its a discussion board ffs!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

MW

So whenever you said "heroine of OWC", you meant "heroine of some fuckwits on social media".

Wouldn't it just be easier to say what you mean?

MW

Where are you finding all these people supporting her? I haven't met, spoken to or read online a single one. Including fan forums on OWC and ILS.

Calling him a "Romanian gypsy c**t" was of course a terrible, appalling thing to say. He's a c**t who happens to be from Romania.

Facebook.

They are not fans from the the supporters clubs but they are fans and a lot of the comments are arrogant and repugnant, the hypocrisy is staggering, the very same people that laughed and mocked the Republic after the Henry incident are screaming about the penalty and the injustice of it all, of course all the while agreeing with that racist bitch Evans, there are hundreds of comments agreeing with this woman from so called supporters!

Stew, the denizens of those comments pages on Facebook are simply the "best" place find the dregs of any supporter base or indeed social group. As MR2 alludes to above, you'd be wanting every single football team to lose if you went by what some of their (often self-proclaimed) fans said on Facebook groups. It's an appalling vortex of trash and hatred, and the threads on NI/ROI alone are enough to make you despair for this island and indeed humanity.

Orior

Quote from: MW on November 11, 2017, 10:17:52 PM
So whenever you said "heroine of OWC", you meant "heroine of some fuckwits on social media".

Wouldn't it just be easier to say what you mean?

Okay, heroine of some OWC fuckwits on social media
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Quote from: MW on November 11, 2017, 10:25:37 PM

Facebook.

Stew, the denizens of those comments pages on Facebook are simply the "best" place find the dregs of any supporter base or indeed social group. As MR2 alludes to above, you'd be wanting every single football team to lose if you went by what some of their (often self-proclaimed) fans said on Facebook groups. It's an appalling vortex of trash and hatred, and the threads on NI/ROI alone are enough to make you despair for this island and indeed humanity.

I did say these were not the supporters club supporters, those lads do their best to kill any sectarian shit they see/Hear and I applaud them for that, I am from the north and never gave a damn that a lot of people had no time for the NI team.

This is different, here we have the wife of a player, long after the game is over, going on a hatefilled rant against a referee who did her team no favours, instead of condemning the comments what do supporters of the NI yteam do? An awful lot of them not only agree with her they double down on her comments and make the situation worse.

I have seen first hand the IFS's efforts of improving their image and efforts of inclusivity and I commend them for it, for me however it is simply the tipping point over years, decades of bigotry and hatred by so called fans that want nothing to do with anyone with differnt political views than they do, they win sadly and I hope the sterling work being done in the NI SC and at the IFA continues on becaue it is starting to make an impact, I have seen that at Armagh City and I am delighted to see it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Cunny Funt

Northern Ireland hanging on in this tie by their finger nails.

T Fearon

Ffs they are doing ok.In fact if they score they will go through,Swiss crap in front of goal.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

Quote from: hardstation on November 11, 2017, 12:34:38 PM
There is no comparison at all. There is no comparison in the level of outrage being expressed. Thierry Henry handled a ball in a football match. You'd nearly have thought he led the French to invade Ireland and stole all of our worldly goods. It led to all sorts of petitions, campaigns and opened the door for wanton racism on social media. He is still a figure of hate, laughably. It was and still is amazingly cringeworthy.
Social media hate towards Henry??  get a grip ffs,
Even you can make moronic statements on social media.
The dogs on the street heard about the  Henry hand ball, it was huge news  that went around the world many times over.  You didn't give a shíte about the Irish team and their world cup dreams, that's fair enough, but it appears that sneering is your forte and some lofty ambitions  to claiming a moral high ground.
Henry is not a figure of hate in Ireland, he was a character in a drama played out years ago, the officials didn't get it at the time and regretted it. The players said nothing ill towards Henry at that time and not since. It's a drama from the past and Henry can't be tippexed out from the graphic. He's a part of Irish football folklore, a pantomime figure to be quasi mocked,  not unlike the Romanian goalie Lung or the Timofte who missed the penalty from 1990.

Milltown Row2

He was verbal abused, racially and you know it, tired of hearing how the Irish are snowshite ! Take your tainted glasses off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Guardian

69 min: Northern Ireland are on top at the moment. Switzerland are looking ropey and nervy.

Captain Obvious

That awful award of a penalty is looking like the only goal of the two 2 legs.

seafoid

Switzerland are psychologically flaky if NI can get into a good position.