The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

These controversies have their own momentum and logic. They are often political.  Usually the outrage is fed and intensifies until someone resigns.

Shamrock Shore

It's ok boys and girls

Livewhinge is sorting it all out.

Captain Scarlet

Liveline had callers saying poor Ryan. Witch hunt was used...
Like in the last year there was a major breach of confidentiality with the interview of the new top job. David Mcredmond could have rightly sued.
Huge governance questions over GAAGO. Still waiting for an answer there...
And now this.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

If Tubridy is thinking he should return the money. Nobody is defending him and his future earnings are at risk.

Captain Scarlet

He'll be SNAPPED UP by the BBC...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

marty34

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 25, 2023, 08:53:58 AM
Liveline had callers saying poor Ryan. Witch hunt was used...
Like in the last year there was a major breach of confidentiality with the interview of the new top job. David Mcredmond could have rightly sued.
Huge governance questions over GAAGO. Still waiting for an answer there...
And now this.

That Joe Duffy is another bluffer. Complete bluffer.

People ring in and he just asks a few questions and keeps the chat going.  The most overly high paid job ever.

They should check out all their pay/contracts.  If Tubridy is getting a bit extra, you'd think they'll all be getting something maybe.  Especially under the same management/agent.

You'd need Michael O'Leary of Ryanair running RTÉ and cut out the chaff in it big time. 

RadioGAAGAA

The majority of them are paid far too much.

Its not like there is a vast pool of alternative employers for them - dunno why in contract negotiations RTÉ don't just say "grand so, go away off wherever you want then, we'll get someone else"

Ye'd soon find that the bulk of them would moderate their pay demands then.
i usse an speelchekor

restorepride

Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2023, 01:37:37 PM
These controversies have their own momentum and logic. They are often political.  Usually the outrage is fed and intensifies until someone resigns.
Exactly.  All very neatly choreographed and timed, to cover over the cover up. 

grounded

Quote from: CK_Redhand on June 23, 2023, 12:43:59 PM
He claims he didn't know about the overpayment. Sure €345k is pocket change. I wonder if he would be so oblivious if he was "accidentally" underpaid.

I think the technical term is a ' Tubsidy '

restorepride

Quote from: grounded on June 25, 2023, 12:22:12 PM
He claims he didn't know about the overpayment. Sure €345k is pocket change. I wonder if he would be so oblivious if he was "accidentally" underpaid.

I think the technical term is a ' Tubsidy '
Good one!!  ;D ;D ;D

dec

I am sure it wasn't an overpayment. It was clearly part of his contract.

Milltown Row2

Someone was saying that because of the job there was other areas that he'd be missing out on and this would be seen as compensation of sorts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

No Black card there for DOC, Lucky!

RedHand88

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2023, 03:28:39 PM
No Black card there for DOC, Lucky!

So lucky they'll be discussing it on the Late Late this week!  ;D

Wildweasel74

Man multi tasking, very easy to get caught out.