The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Lots more to come on this and more top earners feeling the heat. 

Auditors are a pain in the butt you know.

clarshack

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 22, 2023, 08:11:50 PM
Is anyone suprised? Is Ireland the most corrupt country in Europe?

It's giving Ukraine a run for its money that's for sure.

whitey

I find it hard to believe that this is a one off

I'm sure there were other sweetheart deals going on

Let's see home many people lose their jobs over this

armaghniac

People are losing the run of themselves if they think Ireland is especially corrupt or anything like Ukraine. This is A bit odd as RTÉ are obliged to release this information, but seem to have messed up. There is no question of tax not being paid etc. The important thing is that someone in RTÉ is held responsible for this. I don't see that Tubridy should do RTÉ's accounting for them or even know anything about it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Quote from: clarshack on June 23, 2023, 09:29:38 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 22, 2023, 08:11:50 PM
Is anyone suprised? Is Ireland the most corrupt country in Europe?

It's giving Ukraine a run for its money that's for sure.

is it as corrupt as the UK? I would be very surprised.

pbat

RTE suspend Dee Forbes. This story is going to explode and blow open a lot of shaded going ons.

Itchy

Dee Forbes, director general of RTE, was suspended by the board of RTE last Wednesday. We can only presume it's because of these payments. Unbelievable stuff really. Tubridy is now finished as a tv personality, his only hope is to join FF and run for office.

pbat

Quote from: Itchy on June 23, 2023, 12:17:16 PM
Dee Forbes, director general of RTE, was suspended by the board of RTE last Wednesday. We can only presume it's because of these payments. Unbelievable stuff really. Tubridy is now finished as a tv personality, his only hope is to join FF and run for office.

He's far from finished, he'll do a Wogan and BBC will snap him up. He'll help Norton do the Eurovision and in 12 months will be talking about the UK entry as we.

Shamrock Shore

What sticks in the craw is Tubridy getting all 'down with the kids' talking about accepting pay cuts, we're all in this together boys and girls, while, in reality, was he?

I find it hard to accept he has no responsibility. Surely he knew that his payments were being under-reported by RTE publicly and he should have raised a concern.
But that would have negated point 1 above.

CK_Redhand

He claims he didn't know about the overpayment. Sure €345k is pocket change. I wonder if he would be so oblivious if he was "accidentally" underpaid.

RedHand88

Ewan is having a field day on Twitter anyway!

Saffrongael

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 23, 2023, 12:44:45 PM
Ewan is having a field day on Twitter anyway!

He's like a dog in heat
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 23, 2023, 12:39:51 PM
What sticks in the craw is Tubridy getting all 'down with the kids' talking about accepting pay cuts, we're all in this together boys and girls, while, in reality, was he?

I find it hard to accept he has no responsibility. Surely he knew that his payments were being under-reported by RTE publicly and he should have raised a concern.
But that would have negated point 1 above.
He is trying to defend the money but Dee Forbes has just been thrown under the bus. He might end up leaving RTÉ. These media storms can go very far.

Itchy

Quote from: CK_Redhand on June 23, 2023, 12:43:59 PM
He claims he didn't know about the overpayment. Sure €345k is pocket change. I wonder if he would be so oblivious if he was "accidentally" underpaid.

It's all relative, if you are in crazy money you could miss it I suppose, especially as a paye worker who assumes accounts have everything in order. But then I wonder is Ryan not self employed like a lot of the RTE folk, in that instance wouldn't he be submitting invoices and does his own tax returns. If that's the case he could not have missed it

Either way, if it's a mistake Ryan didn't pick up on then I'm sure he will simply do what any of us would have to do in that situation, just pay it all back

Milltown Row2

His account would have know and told him if he was self employed, though I do love finding that tenner in a pair of jeans ya haven't worn in a while!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea