China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 03:18:35 PM
Will the natural flu victims fall this year due to the Coronavirus outbreak?

As for not enough PPE no one could ever imagine the scale of PPE required for this as it's never happened to our hospitals. Companies produce this stuff when orders are made, stock can only be held for so long due to warehouse size or storage requirements.

I'd say there are a lot of things that will come out of it that will prepare the place better.

I agree - this is extraordinay.  No one could have predicted it.  I'm sure the health agencies had enough for any emergencies.

But this has been unreal.

HiMucker

Quote from: Itchy on March 28, 2020, 01:51:03 PM
Gloves should be left for frontline workers who dont have them, same with face masks. Concentrate on washing your hands and not touching your face. Over 50 doctors have died in Italy, they are the people who need PPE.
Itchy that's all well and good, but it's not like you can just donate the face masks and gloves to hospitals. The ones most people have wouldn't even be medically approved. We have a pile of masks and gloves in work that we use anyway that staff have been rightly using more off  due to covid 19, but it's not like the hospital would take them off us.

Captain Obvious

I see Americas are encouraged to wear face masks when out and about while this side of the world we are told the opposite.

Which is the correct advice, are we told that because healthcare workers would have a big shortage of masks?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on March 28, 2020, 03:40:09 PM
Gloves should be left for frontline workers who dont have them, same with face masks. Concentrate on washing your hands and not touching your face. Over 50 doctors have died in Italy, they are the people who need PPE.
Itchy that's all well and good, but it's not like you can just donate the face masks and gloves to hospitals. The ones most people have wouldn't even be medically approved. We have a pile of masks and gloves in work that we use anyway that staff have been rightly using more off  due to covid 19, but it's not like the hospital would take them off us.

They'd need to be in sealed boxes from an approved supplier with a recognised safety standard. Anything else would/could be foolish
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 03:45:50 PM

They'd need to be in sealed boxes from an approved supplier with a recognised safety standard. Anything else would/could be foolish

They are all made by same suppliers, there's nothing particularly special about any of them other than some have additives, in the case of gloves, to prevent hand irritation. Take it from me as I have sourced gloves and masks for my work place in the past.

Gobshites buying tonnes of gloves so they can go shopping when nurses are begging for them on facebook is ridiculous. You dont need gloves to go shopping and you dont need a face mask to go shopping either.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on March 28, 2020, 05:06:17 PM

They are all made by same suppliers, there's nothing particularly special about any of them other than some have additives, in the case of gloves, to prevent hand irritation. Take it from me as I have sourced gloves and masks for my work place in the past.

Gobshites buying tonnes of gloves so they can go shopping when nurses are begging for them on facebook is ridiculous. You dont need gloves to go shopping and you dont need a face mask to go shopping either.

What family is buying them wholesale?

would you use something from an unknown source if it was open?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

What are the numbers in each of the Provinces? I take it Leinster has the most case's based on population followed by Ulster I'd assume?

Rossfan

Figures from earlier in the week looks like 985 Leinster; 290 Munster; Connacht 77; Cavan/Monaghan Donegal 22.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2020, 05:42:40 PM
Figures from earlier in the week looks like 985 Leinster; 290 Munster; Connacht 77; Cavan/Monaghan Donegal 22.

So 344 in total for Ulster.

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 05:56:10 PM

There are far more in Ulster, but the Stormont wasters are not testing them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 28, 2020, 06:02:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 05:56:10 PM

There are far more in Ulster, but the Stormont wasters are not testing them.

Probably thousands but let's stick to the facts so far and deal with the ones admitted to hospital

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 05:08:43 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 28, 2020, 05:06:17 PM

What family is buying them wholesale?

would you use something from an unknown source if it was open?

Depends how desperate I was, if I was in a ward full of sick Covid 19 people at deaths door I just might. But you know if you need them to pick up a loaf of bread down the shops that is probably more important.

Anyway, whats even worse is that people working in hospitals have been robbing PPE and bringing home with them.

Captain Obvious

51 deaths in the island of Ireland in 1 month.

Gmac

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 28, 2020, 03:45:12 PM
I see Americas are encouraged to wear face masks when out and about while this side of the world we are told the opposite.

Which is the correct advice, are we told that because healthcare workers would have a big shortage of masks?
thats a new thing I saw today most people are wearing them anyway in a supermarket or even on street , they are impossible to find right now and anything that medical personnel can use should be directed there .

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.