Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpackiechestout

If you look at the games last weekend they were all fairly close early on with the underdog keeping it tight and working hard, then in the second half the Division 1 team's (Mayo, Donegal, Monaghan) superior conditioning and quality shone through and they each won by at least 9 points. Anything less than such a convincing display this weekend and Tyrone should be disappointed. Regardless of the history between the sides and the fact Derry have always had the upper hand in Celtic Park, Tyrone are now two divisions above them, have much more quality available at the moment and the whole mood in Derry in relation to the county team is shambolic.

My Tyrone team (assuming McCarron and Justy are injured would be as follows)

1. Morgan
2. Hampsey
3. McNamee
4. McNabb
5. McCann
6. Brennan
7. McGeary
8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Mattie Donnelly
10. Harte
11. Sludden
12. Meyler
13. McCurry
14. Sean Cavanagh
15. Bradley

Realistically though I think McCrory will start corner back with McNabb pushing out to the half back line, leaving McGeary competing with Meyler and McClure for the number 12 spot.

Fuzzman

I think McCrory will also start at corner back with McCarron out as Mickey seems to like his experience in the full back line.
I expect McNabb to be at 6 with McGeary and McCann to be on either side

You would expect one half forward and one corner forward place to be up for grabs.
Last year Ronan O'Neill started and did well but he seems to have gone off the boil again this year.
I notice Bradley has scored 1.20 for his club and McCurry has 2.16 which is quite good but Lee Brennan is away out in front with 3.34.
Jeepers Sean has scord 6.22 for Moy in Div 2. Does he play at FF for them or further out the field?

I don't expect Sean to stay in around the square anyway so it doesn't really matter if he's named at 14 or not.

Derry have nothing to lose as they seem to be majorly written off and don't forget they are at home.

square_ball

I think Derry being at home has little or no bearing on it. By the sounds of it Derry wans will hardly be out in force so it won't be as if there will be a hostile atmosphere.

LeoMc

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 23, 2017, 12:53:53 PM
I think McCrory will also start at corner back with McCarron out as Mickey seems to like his experience in the full back line.

You would expect one half forward and one corner forward place to be up for grabs.
Last year Ronan O'Neill started and did well but he seems to have gone off the boil again this year.
I notice Bradley has scored 1.20 for his club and McCurry has 2.16 which is quite good but Lee Brennan is away out in front with 3.34.
Jeepers Sean has scord 6.22 for Moy in Div 2. Does he play at FF for them or further out the field?

I don't expect Sean to stay in around the square anyway so it doesn't really matter if he's named at 14 or not.

Derry have nothing to lose as they seem to be majorly written off and don't forget they are at home.
The majority of those are frees against Strabane.

sensethetone

Could McClure Start at mid field and have Mattie at full forward and Sean C to come on?

Heard McHugh flying at training, is he an option?

square_ball

Quote from: LeoMc on May 23, 2017, 01:22:30 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 23, 2017, 12:53:53 PM

The majority of those are frees against Strabane.

In fairness out of the 3-14, only 6 were from frees

Fuzzman

I think last year was our first time to win in Celtic park in the championship was it not?

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at all if McClure was to play at MF or wing forward.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 23, 2017, 03:04:13 PM
I think last year was our first time to win in Celtic park in the championship was it not?

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at all if McClure was to play at MF or wing forward.

Is he fit again?
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

I thought the lads said he was back playing for Clonoe a few weeks ago after making a remarkable recovery

tothetop03

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 23, 2017, 04:16:41 PM
I thought the lads said he was back playing for Clonoe a few weeks ago after making a remarkable recovery

Yeah he was playing last week v Edendork.... injury was speculation/precaution which ever you want to believe...but he was flying v Edendork...Conn Kilpatrick give him his fill of it though....McClure shading him in the last 10mins...

Legoman5

Heard there's no injury to McCarron at all and there may be a few disruptions in the camp! Heard he has missed trainings with Club & County this season and maybe there's more to why he's been missing club games this year!
in saying all this these could just be rumours floating around...

HealyHellRaiser

Did mc carron not play against Pomeroy and Galbally? I have on good authority that he hurt himself in a training match but don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story....

Snapchap

Quote from: Legoman5 on May 24, 2017, 08:48:53 AM
Heard there's no injury to McCarron at all and there may be a few disruptions in the camp! Heard he has missed trainings with Club & County this season and maybe there's more to why he's been missing club games this year!

Well given the man's history, do you think that perhaps anonymously posting some suggestions of rumours surrounding him will be a help or a hindrance to him in his efforts to beat his deamons? Go on delete that post ffs.

tothetop03

Quote from: Snapchap on May 24, 2017, 11:41:05 AM
Quote from: Legoman5 on May 24, 2017, 08:48:53 AM

Well given the man's history, do you think that perhaps anonymously posting some suggestions of rumours surrounding him will be a help or a hindrance to him in his efforts to beat his deamons? Go on delete that post ffs.

100% Got hurt training with Tyrone(in house game)....

Fuzzman