Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 7122171 times)

toby47

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #57435 on: May 16, 2017, 04:04:03 PM »
Another win for Rossa,6 wins out of 6 matches. They are the form Team with the possibility of 2 league titles in a row. But surely their motivation this year will be a lengthy run in the championship. I'm led to believe the draw is on Thursday which will wet our lips for the summer ahead.
same old story with mfelt, a great league campaign then they will fill the drawers come championship time, couldn't see them beating sneil, bderry, coleraine, loup, lavey or even draperstown when it really matters.

I think on their day they are better than most clubs mentioned above. Really kicked on a gear in the last year or two. As I've said before Slaughtneil clear favourites, Ballinderry 2nd favs and mfelt/Coleraine my choices for an outside bet.

Always see a few ones mention Lavey as challengers. Have saw nothing in the past few years to suggest this could be the case? Maybe i'm missing something but I have them way down the pecking order
Don't think Bderry are 2nd favourites at the minute. Gareth McKinless and Lee Martin are for the states and Daniel McKinless will miss most of the season. They don't have the back up for that kind of quality.
Slaughtneil clear leaders, Coleraine are possibly biggest threat.
Mfelt, well we'll have to wait and see.
Glen still too young and some are still questioning if they will come or not.
Screen are still not far away.
Lavey, not sure why people still talking about them as being a threat.

Think you have it summed up quite well. Gareth McKinless is Ballinderry's main man if they get a favourable 1st round draw he will be back for the next round. Wouldn't worry too much about Lee Martin while Daniel McKinless will be back well in time for championship.

Coleraine going well and Decy Mullan back from a bit of travelling will help their cause.

Can't see Glen winning anything with their defence. Saw them twice this year and probably have the worst back 6 in the top league. In their last 2 games they have conceded 1-18 and 1-16 vs Banagher and Claudy..two struggling teams. A top team will wipe the floor with them.

Screen will keep pushing and I think they are a team that can do damage against anyone on their day but hearing a few unhappy reports up that neck of the woods.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #57436 on: May 16, 2017, 04:05:35 PM »
Another win for Rossa,6 wins out of 6 matches. They are the form Team with the possibility of 2 league titles in a row. But surely their motivation this year will be a lengthy run in the championship. I'm led to believe the draw is on Thursday which will wet our lips for the summer ahead.
same old story with mfelt, a great league campaign then they will fill the drawers come championship time, couldn't see them beating sneil, bderry, coleraine, loup, lavey or even draperstown when it really matters.

Just like you boys in the final last year then.
exactly, in the final. something you men have failed to reach in a good few years, we also won a couple too in recent times. you men keep trying to "paint" yourselves as being a better team than you actually are. serial under achievers would be the best description in my opinion

Youse totally flopped in the final, just didn't turn up. Also your "recent" wins are history now just like ours. This season is a new year and we'll see how it goes.

The Mexican

• View Profile
« Reply #57437 on: May 16, 2017, 10:35:30 PM »
Been a while since I've been on here. See some Loup men are still "milking" it. I hear there were a few cards shown down in South Derry on Sunday at the "Quigan"

Just like you boys in the final last year then.
exactly, in the final. something you men have failed to reach in a good few years, we also won a couple too in recent times. you men keep trying to "paint" yourselves as being a better team than you actually are. serial under achievers would be the best description in my opinion

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57438 on: May 17, 2017, 01:13:08 AM »
Few things

ONEDerry mentions headbutting? Glad the previous post clears that up. I don't recall any mention of headbutting from years ago
Bradleys wagging the dog? So the team wanted to play away but Baker/Paddy/Skinner pulled rank? Catch yourselves on.

Skinner hit a referee, served the ban, paid the compensation and that's that
Referee was never to be refereeing senior matches involving Glenullin again. He was not down to referee game until a last minute change which club knew nothing about
Referee's administrator holds hands up and admits mistake and comes to referee game himself.
Loup then refuse to accept this (on what grounds I'm not sure)

No club should dictate who referees their games. But in this case where the referee has taken a court case against a player, receiving compensation and stating he couldnt referee again due to the ordeal and was so traumatised he couldn't work then I feel we are right to make a stand.
But hey we were probably wrong and I'm sure he probably would have did it fairly

As a GAA member, the case you make is against the Association's ethos and yes you are wrong. Not sure who the "we" is? Do you speak on behalf of the club?

36-03-09

• View Profile
« Reply #57439 on: May 17, 2017, 10:39:39 AM »
Few things

ONEDerry mentions headbutting? Glad the previous post clears that up. I don't recall any mention of headbutting from years ago
Bradleys wagging the dog? So the team wanted to play away but Baker/Paddy/Skinner pulled rank? Catch yourselves on.

Skinner hit a referee, served the ban, paid the compensation and that's that
Referee was never to be refereeing senior matches involving Glenullin again. He was not down to referee game until a last minute change which club knew nothing about
Referee's administrator holds hands up and admits mistake and comes to referee game himself.
Loup then refuse to accept this (on what grounds I'm not sure)

No club should dictate who referees their games. But in this case where the referee has taken a court case against a player, receiving compensation and stating he couldnt referee again due to the ordeal and was so traumatised he couldn't work then I feel we are right to make a stand.
But hey we were probably wrong and I'm sure he probably would have did it fairly

As a GAA member, the case you make is against the Association's ethos and yes you are wrong. Not sure who the "we" is? Do you speak on behalf of the club?

The club that fawns over a bollocks who hit a referee is trying to claim a moral high ground because the referee they've assaulted once wouldn't give in to their intimidation and tantrums. It would be funny if they weren't so serious.

Derry football would survive without the Bradleys and their lackeys a lot more easily than it would survive without the referees.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #57440 on: May 17, 2017, 03:49:50 PM »
Hear another man left the derry panel; there a enough players left to  name a 24 match panel on game day!

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #57441 on: May 17, 2017, 04:27:45 PM »
A week and a half out from the Ulster Quarter Final vs Tyrone. Anyone want to try and Predict the team?

Mallon
McKeague         Rogers            Keenan
McFaul          McAtamney         Forrister
          McKeague        Cassidy
Heavron           Kielt                Herron
Lynn             McGuckin            Loughlin

Notable subs
Ben McKinless
Mark Lynch
Carlus Mc Williams
Ryan Bell
Michael McEvoy
Danny Tallon
Shane McGuigan

Have I forgot about anyone obvious?

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #57442 on: May 17, 2017, 07:11:19 PM »
Yeah is Cassidy not away

The Clones 500

• View Profile
« Reply #57443 on: May 17, 2017, 07:19:41 PM »
Hear another man left the derry panel; there a enough players left to  name a 24 match panel on game day!

Who's gone? Its hard to take how negative Derry is at the minute, county board just happy to go along and pick up the money from club games.. sure if they could pull the county team out of the championship they would. Sad times for once a proud county time to retire the oak leaf jersey no once seems to care a week out from the championship and more people are worried about Skinner head butting a ref three years ago ::)
c'mon Derry ya boys ya!

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57444 on: May 17, 2017, 11:59:34 PM »

Who's gone? Its hard to take how negative Derry is at the minute, county board just happy to go along and pick up the money from club games.. sure if they could pull the county team out of the championship they would. Sad times for once a proud county time to retire the oak leaf jersey no once seems to care a week out from the championship and more people are worried about Skinner head butting a ref three years ago ::)

I am certainly not worried about Skinner but there is a general connection. Lack of discipline is linked to a lack of commitment which feeds into a lack of success and eventually a lack of hope. Pride needs to be restored quickly before it is too late for another generation.

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #57445 on: May 18, 2017, 08:20:35 AM »
Yeah is Cassidy not away

Heard Cassidy from Slaughtneil is for the states. Would be shocked if true though.

Has this been confirmed?

Waataboutyee

• View Profile
« Reply #57446 on: May 18, 2017, 10:10:14 AM »

I am certainly not worried about Skinner but there is a general connection. Lack of discipline is linked to a lack of commitment which feeds into a lack of success and eventually a lack of hope. Pride needs to be restored quickly before it is too late for another generation.
You have been waiting a while to use that line  ;D

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #57447 on: May 18, 2017, 11:38:39 AM »
He uses that line frequently.

Uncle Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #57448 on: May 18, 2017, 12:49:51 PM »

This amused me - nice work

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57449 on: May 18, 2017, 04:31:31 PM »
He uses that line frequently.

Full marks for observation to The Stallion.