Author Topic: Derry Club Football & Hurling  (Read 79563 times)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club Football & Hurling
« Reply #465 on: December 06, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »
Tickle,are your gaa jerseys still smelling in the wash😀

Na lad; Im using a new detergent.

Fear, well move on....

I think it's best. 

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 06, 2017, 09:48:52 PM »
Fear, Im surprised at many of your comments there.

The one about not wanting to be from Shanty is disgusting.

Tickle that's strong language.  If I hadn't a thicker skin and knew that yiu are a good lad I'd nearly be offended. All i intimated was that the club would rather be in Culmore so they could take from that area more freely. Without looking back at my comments I can't remember saying anything offensive. I stand by the veracity of all I said.  There shouldn't be anything in there that would be surprising as they are all facts in the common knowledge of city folk. My own club has closer links to your club than any other. Btw you could lists dozens of things that could be changed in my club and I'd hazard a guess to say I'd agree with you.
Tickle is 100% correct.  No point trying to pull back now. The board knows exactly what you were intimating, as does Tickle.

The board? Sounds scary. Lmfao. Tickle can speak for himself Mr Ballyarnett.  Bit like I'm from High Park not creggan.  That's a city joke. Tickle will get it. You won't.
Your rant is there for all the board to read and you were not joking.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 06, 2017, 09:59:50 PM »
 :'Most of ballinderry on strike? Possible 2nd best team in the county; just 1 man on the panel; whats the score with the magherafelt men? Mark Craig,?  No sean Leo or Colm ( that the big full forward) McGoldrick; still way off been the stronger available pick in the county; Slaughtneil men aside! How was it only Eamon Coleman got the strongest/ best players in the county out for him; even C McNally who played for no-one else theres enough good players in the county without having to resort to U-20 players
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:05:05 PM by Wildweasel74 »

Rawhide

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 06, 2017, 10:08:07 PM »
Why, because he agreed with county board that he would go with a 26 man panel, a massive cost cutting excerise.
cccc is a true supporter lol

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 07, 2017, 08:25:39 AM »
:'Most of ballinderry on strike? Possible 2nd best team in the county; just 1 man on the panel; whats the score with the magherafelt men? Mark Craig,?  No sean Leo or Colm ( that the big full forward) McGoldrick; still way off been the stronger available pick in the county; Slaughtneil men aside! How was it only Eamon Coleman got the strongest/ best players in the county out for him; even C McNally who played for no-one else theres enough good players in the county without having to resort to U-20 players

Completely agree, taking the Slaughtneil men out the panel is as weak as I've seen it. Mckinless and Ryan Bell from Ballinderry not asked. Heavron and McGuckin not asked, McGuckin got a phonecall from management to explain why he wasn't asked up.

Can't believe a few men said it isn't a mediocre panel, some absolutely bog standard club players on it.

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 07, 2017, 09:27:00 AM »
Why, because he agreed with county board that he would go with a 26 man panel, a massive cost cutting excerise.
I'm sure the county board will be pretty upset that he added those 3 extra players ;)

Real Talk

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 07, 2017, 10:29:15 PM »
There is neither the will no the money in Derry to properly fund a Senior County Football Squad ...  by that I mean there isn't sufficient desire to acquire the financial support and it is not any easy task when your in Div3 and not likely to feature in an Ulster Final ..... its your regular 'chicken & egg' scenario

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: Today at 09:04:04 AM »
How did Anton Tohill  not play Derry minor but make the Aussie rules cut ??

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: Today at 10:01:58 AM »

He isn't a terribly gifted footballer. Probably more suited to Aussie Rules I'd imagine.

braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: Today at 03:28:33 PM »

He isn't a terribly gifted footballer. Probably more suited to Aussie Rules I'd imagine.
silly comment about a player you obviously haven't a clue about. Having seen him regularly this year I also don't know how he didn't make the derry minor panel because he should have. A very honest and driven lad who has made a massive improvement in the last 2/3 years

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: Today at 05:04:24 PM »

silly comment about a player you obviously haven't a clue about. Having seen him regularly this year I also don't know how he didn't make the derry minor panel because he should have. A very honest and driven lad who has made a massive improvement in the last 2/3 years

Have seen him play a right bit. Honest and driven, yes. Athletic, Yes. Great fielder, yes. A natural footballer, I'm not so sure.

I would say he's similar to Niall McKeever who went to Aussie rules. Not a great footballer by any stretch of the imagination but tall, athletic and great in the air.

Real Talk

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: Today at 07:56:04 PM »

Have seen him play a right bit. Honest and driven, yes. Athletic, Yes. Great fielder, yes. A natural footballer, I'm not so sure.

I would say he's similar to Niall McKeever who went to Aussie rules. Not a great footballer by any stretch of the imagination but tall, athletic and great in the air.

In a team where the term " Team" means every thing then I'm quite sure there is ample room for Anton to play an important part.  The Dublin squad would have a few of those fellows ....