FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 06, 2018, 06:15:51 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 06, 2018, 05:14:50 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 06, 2018, 04:48:49 PM
I wouldn't be panicking over the representation from any club at this time of year Duine Eile, there is no earthly way Moycullen will have 5 starters every day, given a full pick against Mayo next May there won't even be a chance of 5 Corofin lads in there.
Genuine question and without descending into a West/North Galway argument, who are the North board players who are available currently and haven't got a run in the two matches so far that should be playing?

There's a bit of a rush to anoint Sean Andy and Cooke as certs for the first fifteen as well, you'd be very hopeful they'll turn into good players but realistically we have no idea how they are going to fare at Senior level.

Don't think there is much choice with Sean Andy. Do we even have another full-back in the squad apart from Kyne (who we've seen there before) and Sean Mulkerrin (who is even younger than Sean Andy)?

I don't think David Walsh who started against Kerry is even in the squad any more.
He didn't look good enough in the FBD last year, hard to believe he was given a start v Kerry in AI Quarter final

True. A terrible decision to start him that day. Looked lost.

galwayman

I wouldn't be panicking over the representation from any club at this time of year Duine Eile, there is no earthly way Moycullen will have 5 starters every day, given a full pick against Mayo next May there won't even be a chance of 5 Corofin lads in there.
Genuine question and without descending into a West/North Galway argument, who are the North board players who are available currently and haven't got a run in the two matches so far that should be playing?

There's a bit of a rush to anoint Sean Andy and Cooke as certs for the first fifteen as well, you'd be very hopeful they'll turn into good players but realistically we have no idea how they are going to fare at Senior level.
I can't think of any off hand tbh - other than the established North lads such as Comer and Walsh & the Corofin contingent.
You're right about the rush to anoint Sean Andy & Cooke.
I hope both go on to have brilliant senior careers for Galway but time will tell.
Sean Andy has been hyped up purely on the back of one performance (an admittedly stellar display in the u21 AI final).
I personally haven't really properly seen enough of him to make a judgement.
But there was nobody mentioning him in relation to the senior team prior to that AI final.
Time will tell and let's see how he gets on over the next few months.

Duine Eile

Trevor Mullins from Abbey has had 2 great years at midfield for his club, as has Denis Farragher if we're still looking for goalkeepers. Eoin Finnerty from Mountbellew also deserves his chance, there was a Moran lad I think from Claregalway tearing up trees in the inter championship this year, we don't have anyone from our own club being honest, Mikey Boyle played u-21 last year but that's as far as it'll go I'd say. Paul Mannion from Kilconly played u-21 last year too and looked useful enough. I'm not saying these lads are going to win us an all Ireland, they might not make the grade at all but they don't seem to be getting the chance. Regarding the Corofin lads, there could be 4 starters in Power, Silke, Ian Burke and if Kieran Molloy got a chance at wing back which I think he should. This time of year really highlights the need to have separate club and county calendars, Galway are at a disadvantage because Corofin are still club tied and the Corofin lads aren't getting the same trial runs/opportunity to show what they can do in a county setting.

Rossfan

Ye Galway bucks filling out the FBD thread yet ye have little to contribute on NFL or Championship......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Galway subs for later today.

16. Ronan Ó Beoláin
17. Declan Kyne
18. Johnny Duane
19 .Seán Mulkerrin
20. Thomas Flynn
21. Shane Walsh
22. Frankie Burke
23. Barry McHugh
24. Damien Comer
25. Evan Murphy
26. Cein Darcy

Blowitupref

Leitrim v Sligo and Mayo v Galway both called off frozen pitches.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

MayoBuck

Surely a decision should have been made before everyone paid in?! We knew a few days ago that temperatures would only be 2 or 3 degrees.

sligoman2

What happens in cases like this, do they give you back your money or a  voucher for the rescheduled match?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Duine Eile

Quote from: sligoman2 on January 07, 2018, 02:56:39 PM
What happens in cases like this, do they give you back your money or a  voucher for the rescheduled match?

No money back in Castlebar, ticket for the refixture.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Duine Eile on January 07, 2018, 03:01:13 PM

And refixture will likely be played on a Wedneday night where many won't be able to attend..
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

MayoBuck

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 07, 2018, 03:02:43 PM

And refixture will likely be played on a Wedneday night where many won't be able to attend..

I was told the ticket can be used for any of the FBD games so I'll be using for the roscommon game.

Syferus

Quote from: MayoBuck on January 07, 2018, 03:21:01 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 07, 2018, 03:02:43 PM

I was told the ticket can be used for any of the FBD games so I'll be using for the roscommon game.

The big one.

Duine Eile

Galway Mayo refixed for this Friday at 7.30 in Castlebar according to Connacht GAA

Cunny Funt

That was the Mayo team and it will be much changed now for the refixed game next Friday as the first teamers will be back from their holiday

Syferus

I don't see why it would be much changed. If those players were going to get a run out today they'll still get it on Friday.