FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Quote from: Brapbrap on January 24, 2017, 10:44:48 AM
Quote from: oliverkelly on January 24, 2017, 10:38:08 AM
Can we please stop talking about Ballagh. Regardless of who lads from the town support or where they say they are from they play for Mayo. Andy Moran let everyone know how he feels about Roscommon at the weekend and to be honest made himself out to be a pathetic clown. I was at the game and there was Zero abuse, He started any ill feeling towards him by somehow persuading the linesman to disallow a genuine point.  His antics at the end were embarrassing for such a game and such an occasion. A group of Mayo lads beside me who were absolute gents turned around me at the time and said "What a Gobshite" Roscommon were already through result meant nothing and to celebrate way he did tells a lot about him. Just hope some of our lads have the balls to sort him out the next day

Starts off by saying can we please stop talking about Ballagh then launches into a rant about a player from Ballagh

Yeah that's exactly what I did I talked about a player, A Mayo player that was involved in the game last weekend. I don't care about the politics of Ballagh town and who supports who and where such and such parents live and work. That would be better suited to the general discussion section.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2017, 10:49:14 AM
The FBD League Final is between most of Roscommon and Galway next Sunday at 2 in Syferus Park.

The Rossies have been doing a fair amount of experimentation so far but I wonder if they will be closer to their strongest fifteen for the final with the league looming large.
Should be a lot stronger in the middle third this spring with a fit Harney and Higgins to call on.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Crete Boom on January 24, 2017, 11:36:44 AM
The FBD League Final is between most of Roscommon and Galway next Sunday at 2 in Syferus Park.

The Rossies have been doing a fair amount of experimentation so far but I wonder if they will be closer to their strongest fifteen for the final with the league looming large.
Should be a lot stronger in the middle third this spring with a fit Harney and Higgins to call on.

Yeah we should be a bit stronger this year with above two mentioned, Tadgh O'Rourke has done enough in midfield thus far in preseason to make the panel and Compton and Corcoran will be more experienced after getting a few runs last year. If we get Cathal Shine up to required fitness levels he will also be an asset. I expect us to play midfielders in midfield now that last year experiment definitely did not work. Saying that we were cleaned out of it in Midfield in first half against Mayo Sunday and that was Mayo with out the O'Sheas and Moran so we are still a bit behind them.

giveballaghback

Mullolly, Mcinerney E. Smith, Harney, Corcoran, Cathal Compton, Fetherstone and Walsh are all involved in colleges this week and so are unlikely to start this Sunday, this will leave Ros with a very experimental team for  fbd final.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2017, 07:39:26 PM
Quote from: Ringfort on January 23, 2017, 06:54:13 PM
What would be a rough breakdown of "Mayo people" and "Roscommon people" in Ballaghaderreen? 50/50? What about the clubs rural catchment area, is that considered Mayo or Ros territory? What about blow ins ie people with no previous Mayo or Ros connection for example Akram that plays for Mayo. Would they say they were from Roscommon or Mayo? Are there any Ros people in the Ballaghaderreen GAA catchment that travel out to Eire Og or Western Gaels so they can play in Roscommon? What about the Ballagh club hierarchy, is that staunchly Mayo or do Rossies get involved and just accept that the situation as it's been for years?

I'm not on the windup, just genuinely interested. Don't know anyone from Ballagh!

Once you get past the Welcome Kuwait sign on the outskirts of town it's Roscommon by and large. It should be noted Andy's family home is nearer Lisacul than Ballagh itself. The biggest concentration of confused people are in the town proper but the area itself is mostly Roscommon. A fairer representation of the area is the make-up of Nathys. Pulls loads from all sides. Even some Eastern Harps lads too. A bunch of Ballagh players are Rossies (not the confused kind) but obviously the OAPs running the club are closer to Taliban commanders than moderates on the Mayo side.

Akram's dah works in Castlerea. More's the pity he didn't choose to live there too.

Seems to me most of the animosity comes from outside the area. People in the area just get on with life. It's still one community at the end of the day. Most families have people on both sides. There is no day-to-day divide in town and the craic is always good natured.

What Andy did trying to get back at slaggers was also punch half of his own hometown in the face, a lot of people who have been nothing but supportive of him despite his choice to play against rather than for his home county. That's what's saddest about it. He let his town down because anyone looking in will see is Ballagh the divided and not Ballagh the community.

It's a pity people who are born in Roscommon and fully identify as Roscommon men can't play for their own county. For me until that is corrected this will be an open wound and one any Connacht Council could fix quite easily but their continual inaction speaks volumes as to where their priorities lay.

You'd swear it was the Falls and the Shankill you were talking about and Andy had just pissed on the good friday agreement
Hilarious
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Brapbrap

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 25, 2017, 11:38:09 AM
Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2017, 07:39:26 PM
Quote from: Ringfort on January 23, 2017, 06:54:13 PM
What would be a rough breakdown of "Mayo people" and "Roscommon people" in Ballaghaderreen? 50/50? What about the clubs rural catchment area, is that considered Mayo or Ros territory? What about blow ins ie people with no previous Mayo or Ros connection for example Akram that plays for Mayo. Would they say they were from Roscommon or Mayo? Are there any Ros people in the Ballaghaderreen GAA catchment that travel out to Eire Og or Western Gaels so they can play in Roscommon? What about the Ballagh club hierarchy, is that staunchly Mayo or do Rossies get involved and just accept that the situation as it's been for years?

I'm not on the windup, just genuinely interested. Don't know anyone from Ballagh!

Once you get past the Welcome Kuwait sign on the outskirts of town it's Roscommon by and large. It should be noted Andy's family home is nearer Lisacul than Ballagh itself. The biggest concentration of confused people are in the town proper but the area itself is mostly Roscommon. A fairer representation of the area is the make-up of Nathys. Pulls loads from all sides. Even some Eastern Harps lads too. A bunch of Ballagh players are Rossies (not the confused kind) but obviously the OAPs running the club are closer to Taliban commanders than moderates on the Mayo side.

Akram's dah works in Castlerea. More's the pity he didn't choose to live there too.

Seems to me most of the animosity comes from outside the area. People in the area just get on with life. It's still one community at the end of the day. Most families have people on both sides. There is no day-to-day divide in town and the craic is always good natured.

What Andy did trying to get back at slaggers was also punch half of his own hometown in the face, a lot of people who have been nothing but supportive of him despite his choice to play against rather than for his home county. That's what's saddest about it. He let his town down because anyone looking in will see is Ballagh the divided and not Ballagh the community.

It's a pity people who are born in Roscommon and fully identify as Roscommon men can't play for their own county. For me until that is corrected this will be an open wound and one any Connacht Council could fix quite easily but their continual inaction speaks volumes as to where their priorities lay.

You'd swear it was the Falls and the Shankill you were talking about and Andy had just pissed on the good friday agreement
Hilarious

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

weareros

For the love of God, could we change the title back to FBD league and move on from Ballagh. I'm from Ballaghaderreen and I support Roscommon. Others are from Ballagh and support Mayo. There's lads down Edmondstown way and support Sligo. And there's many more that just prefer cricket.

The big question is can McStay shore up the backs before our first league game. Cannot fathom why he won't bury the hatchet and get Conor and Ronan Daly back.

Brapbrap

Quote from: weareros on January 25, 2017, 01:26:39 PM
For the love of God, could we change the title back to FBD league and move on from Ballagh. I'm from Ballaghaderreen and I support Roscommon. Others are from Ballagh and support Mayo. There's lads down Edmondstown way and support Sligo. And there's many more that just prefer cricket.

The big question is can McStay shore up the backs before our first league game. Cannot fathom why he won't bury the hatchet and get Conor and Ronan Daly back.

I'll answer that for ya no he cant shore them up because Roscommon have appalling defenders and i don't mean that flippantly they are just not good enough. You've seen how much Mayo have struggled over the years with a defense full of All-Stars when they played individually. Even with more structure last year the Mayo defense conceded heavily against the top teams. Roscommon do not have the players in this sector which is a shame considering they have exciting attackers.

Rossfan

Half back line looking pretty porous anyway.
I hate to agree with one of them but we are extremely poor at defending.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Brapbrap on January 25, 2017, 02:37:00 PM

I'll answer that for ya no he cant shore them up because Roscommon have appalling defenders and i don't mean that flippantly they are just not good enough. You've seen how much Mayo have struggled over the years with a defense full of All-Stars when they played individually. Even with more structure last year the Mayo defense conceded heavily against the top teams. Roscommon do not have the players in this sector which is a shame considering they have exciting attackers.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with your "view" there but I'd say a character like you with numerous usernames on here would probably struggle to name 4 or 5 Roscommon defenders without the aid of google. And BTW the Mayo defence is one of the best in Ireland it's just prone to the odd individual mistakes in key games.

Brapbrap

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 25, 2017, 04:07:17 PM
Quote from: Brapbrap on January 25, 2017, 02:37:00 PM

Not agreeing or disagreeing with your "view" there but I'd say a character like you with numerous usernames on here would probably struggle to name 4 or 5 Roscommon defenders without the aid of google. And BTW the Mayo defence is one of the best in Ireland it's just prone to the odd individual mistakes in key games.

Id name most of the Roscommon panel with no issue whatsoever. Im just expressing my view. Based on the two games against Dublin last year the Mayo defense was superb. Go back prior to that and Mayo while individually excellent struggled badly as a unit for a number of years. Scores conceded in 15' for example 2-8, 2-11, 0-11, 2-12, 3-15. nearly 17 a game on average.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mouview

Given the glaringly disproportionate high rates of illiteracy in Rossie land, it's quite unlikely they should have any players college-tied for Sunday's final. A formidable task awaits for Galway.

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on January 27, 2017, 12:54:22 PM

Given the glaringly disproportionate high rates of illiteracy in Rossie land, it's quite unlikely they should have any players college-tied for Sunday's final. A formidable task awaits for Galway.
Judging by this thread the final is Ros vs Ballaghaderreen
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

oliverkelly

What sort of a team will Galway have Sunday? will they be missing many that should start come championship? We are playing Corofin in challenge match tomorrow evening but most lads selected to start sunday wont be involved tomorrow