FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brapbrap

Quote from: westbound on January 23, 2017, 01:45:54 PM
Quote from: Brapbrap on January 23, 2017, 01:38:48 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 22, 2017, 09:51:04 PM
I'd say Moran's mammy wouldn't be too happy with his boloxology.
Grow up buck you're  from Roscommon.
As for us. ....can someone in Ros pleease read a defence manual.
Conceded 3-2 in the second half with the 3 in the closing stages.
Enough said. 

Id say she will survive. There always comes a point where enough is enough in terms of the amount of abuse a guy is willing to take. This is going on for years and years at this stage purely because of where he is from. Not an isolated incident utterly consistent abuse in every game for over a decade in every single game that Mayo play Roscommon and its been the same for every other Ballaghaderreen player that I've spoken to who has played at any level for Mayo against the Ross over the last 10-15 years. To be quiet honest its a miracle there isn't more of this going on.

Were you at the match yesterday?
Did you hear any abuse before moran started kissing the jersey?

I was yes. And I did yes.

Syferus

Enough said. 

Id say she will survive. There always comes a point where enough is enough in terms of the amount of abuse a guy is willing to take. This is going on for years and years at this stage purely because of where he is from. Not an isolated incident utterly consistent abuse in every game for over a decade in every single game that Mayo play Roscommon and its been the same for every other Ballaghaderreen player that I've spoken to who has played at any level for Mayo against the Ross over the last 10-15 years. To be quiet honest its a miracle there isn't more of this going on.

Andy is well liked by everyone in Ballagh. Ros or Mayo it doesn't matter. At least he was before he decided to become John Terry. Even the most dyed in the wool Ros people in the area (his father being a notable one of those) gave him a lot of time but in trying to get back at any perceived slagging he also threw everyone who was on his side under the wheels too. And the abuse Mayo lads fling at Ros players and the team in general is just as bad as anything Andy or any Mayo player gets, but of course you'd not be willing to admit that reality in your one-sided take.

But there's two more games this year and Andy mightn't like the outcomes of those games so I suppose he was taking his chance when he got it. In January. I guess it makes a change for Mayo folks to be getting giddy over January results rather than saying we are.

The most annoying thing Andy did yesterday was becoming the linesman and getting Enda's point wiped by heckling the official. Andy the victim he is not.

Brapbrap

Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2017, 01:58:03 PM
Enough said. 

Andy is well liked by everyone in Ballagh. Ros or Mayo it doesn't matter. At least he was before he decided to become John Terry. Even the most dyed in the wool Ros people in the area (his father being a notable one of those) gave him a lot of time but in trying to get back at any perceived slagging he also threw everyone who was on his side under the wheels too. And the abuse Mayo lads fling at Ros players and the team in general is just as bad as anything Andy or any Mayo player gets, but of course you'd not be willing to admit that reality in your one-sided take.

But there's two more games this year and Andy mightn't like the outcomes of those games so I suppose he was taking his chance when he got it. In January. I guess it makes a change for Mayo folks to be getting giddy over January results rather than saying we are.

You will have to elaborate on the John Terry comparison for those of us not in the know? Listen i never said it didn't go the other way and again thats not right either and if it's as consistent and full of vitriol as the abuse that has constantly been fired at Moran and other Ballagh players against Roscommon then i dont agree with it nor would i loose the rag if a Roscommon player responded to it.

magpie seanie

Was chatting to a man over the weekend who filled me in on a good one. Relates to playing eligibility of a lad from Doocastle - a townland mostly or all in County Mayo but has always been recognised as Bunninadden GAA club (Sligo) area. Anyway, a Connacht Hearings committee ruling on this player's eligibility was overturned by Croke Park who went with the county boundary being sacrosanct, in the absence of a formal agreement. Prenty had cobbled together an agreement confirming Doocastle being Bunninadden (and Sligo) between the Connacht hearing and the Croke Park one. Obviously Croke Park in their ruling said that the agreement couldn't be retrospective.

The whole episode would make you wonder what "established practices" would actually stand up if they were challenged to a higher authority than Connacht. Gives you an insight into the work practices of he who shall remain unchallenged to do what he wishes....

weareros

Ah the reality is if Ros had gone on to win by 8 points before Mayo's remarkable 3 goal comeback, we'd have been accused of thinking we were playing the All-Ireland in January. Andy Moran - the plump pudding hardly digested - not only acted like he'd won the All-Ireland for Mayo but that he had scored the most sensational winner in the history of the GAA. The rest of us can't stop laughing.

rosnarun

QuoteAh the reality is if Ros had gone on to win by 8 points before Mayo's remarkable 3 goal comeback, we'd have been accused of thinking we were playing the All-Ireland in January. Andy Moran - the plump pudding hardly digested - not only acted like he'd won the All-Ireland for Mayo but that he had scored the most sensational winner in the history of the GAA. The rest of us can't stop laughing
that's the one thing I admire with ros they Take defeat so well , its like as though they were expecting it
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

So who does Mayowestros play in the Final?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

joemamas

Quote from: weareros on January 23, 2017, 02:48:09 PM
Ah the reality is if Ros had gone on to win by 8 points before Mayo's remarkable 3 goal comeback, we'd have been accused of thinking we were playing the All-Ireland in January. Andy Moran - the plump pudding hardly digested - not only acted like he'd won the All-Ireland for Mayo but that he had scored the most sensational winner in the history of the GAA. The rest of us can't stop laughing.

Just saw Photo on Irish times.
TBH, I would say most Mayo supporters if they were totally honest would view it as cringe worthy, it is after all January.

Brapbrap

Quote from: joemamas on January 23, 2017, 03:10:19 PM

TBH, I would say most Mayo supporters if they were totally honest would view it as cringe worthy, it is after all January.

Not a bit he made every Mayo head in Ballagh proud.

From the Bunker

Lets face it there would be nobody losing the run of themselves (on either side) from yesterdays result. Maybe the Rossie might get a bit more excited at beating Mayo (but only just).They'll naturally be disappointed at giving away a decent lead. Anyway, yesterday's excitement had all to do with the manner in which it came about. I mean 8 points down and done and dusted coming into injury time can only mean one result. Feck me it would be a decent lead in a point laden game like rugby. So there was bound to be a rush of blood to Andys head when he stole it at the death. Harmless stuff! I've seem worse and more embarrassing celebrations after goals being scored.

Rossfan

Quote from: Brapbrap on January 23, 2017, 03:20:28 PM

No Mayo heads in Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Brapbrap

Quote from: Rossfan on January 23, 2017, 05:04:16 PM
Quote from: Brapbrap on January 23, 2017, 03:20:28 PM

No Mayo heads in Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon  ;)
Plenty of them ;)

Ringfort

What would be a rough breakdown of "Mayo people" and "Roscommon people" in Ballaghaderreen? 50/50? What about the clubs rural catchment area, is that considered Mayo or Ros territory? What about blow ins ie people with no previous Mayo or Ros connection for example Akram that plays for Mayo. Would they say they were from Roscommon or Mayo? Are there any Ros people in the Ballaghaderreen GAA catchment that travel out to Eire Og or Western Gaels so they can play in Roscommon? What about the Ballagh club hierarchy, is that staunchly Mayo or do Rossies get involved and just accept that the situation as it's been for years?

I'm not on the windup, just genuinely interested. Don't know anyone from Ballagh!

Syferus

Quote from: Ringfort on January 23, 2017, 06:54:13 PM
What would be a rough breakdown of "Mayo people" and "Roscommon people" in Ballaghaderreen? 50/50? What about the clubs rural catchment area, is that considered Mayo or Ros territory? What about blow ins ie people with no previous Mayo or Ros connection for example Akram that plays for Mayo. Would they say they were from Roscommon or Mayo? Are there any Ros people in the Ballaghaderreen GAA catchment that travel out to Eire Og or Western Gaels so they can play in Roscommon? What about the Ballagh club hierarchy, is that staunchly Mayo or do Rossies get involved and just accept that the situation as it's been for years?

I'm not on the windup, just genuinely interested. Don't know anyone from Ballagh!

Once you get past the Welcome Kuwait sign on the outskirts of town it's Roscommon by and large. It should be noted Andy's family home is nearer Lisacul than Ballagh itself. The biggest concentration of confused people are in the town proper but the area itself is mostly Roscommon. A fairer representation of the area is the make-up of Nathys. Pulls loads from all sides. Even some Eastern Harps lads too. A bunch of Ballagh players are Rossies (not the confused kind) but obviously the OAPs running the club are closer to Taliban commanders than moderates on the Mayo side.

Akram's dah works in Castlerea. More's the pity he didn't choose to live there too.

Seems to me most of the animosity comes from outside the area. People in the area just get on with life. It's still one community at the end of the day. Most families have people on both sides. There is no day-to-day divide in town and the craic is always good natured.

What Andy did trying to get back at slaggers was also punch half of his own hometown in the face, a lot of people who have been nothing but supportive of him despite his choice to play against rather than for his home county. That's what's saddest about it. He let his town down because anyone looking in will see is Ballagh the divided and not Ballagh the community.

It's a pity people who are born in Roscommon and fully identify as Roscommon men can't play for their own county. For me until that is corrected this will be an open wound and one any Connacht Council could fix quite easily but their continual inaction speaks volumes as to where their priorities lay.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2017, 07:39:26 PM

Once you get past the Welcome Kuwait sign on the outskirts of town it's Roscommon by and large. It should be noted Andy's family home is nearer Lisacul than Ballagh itself. The biggest concentration of confused people are in the town proper but the area itself is mostly Roscommon. A fairer representation of the area is the make-up of Nathys. Pulls loads from all sides. Even some Eastern Harps lads too. A bunch of Ballagh players are Rossies (not the confused kind) but obviously the OAPs running the club are closer to Taliban commanders than moderates on the Mayo side.

Akram's dah works in Castlerea. More's the pity he didn't choose to live there too.

Seems to me most of the animosity comes from outside the area. People in the area just get on with life. It's still one community at the end of the day. Most families have people on both sides. There is no day-to-day divide in town and the craic is always good natured.

What Andy did trying to get back at slaggers was also punch half of his own hometown in the face, a lot of people who have been nothing but supportive of him despite his choice to play against rather than for his home county. That's what's saddest about it. He let his town down because anyone looking in will see is Ballagh the divided and not Ballagh the community.

It's a pity people who are born in Roscommon and fully identify as Roscommon men can't play for their own county. For me until that is corrected this will be an open wound and one any Connacht Council could fix quite easily but their continual inaction speaks volumes as to where their priorities lay.
Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2017, 07:39:26 PM

Won't someone please think of the children!!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."