FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Senan must be 33 and hasn't  any injuries, just father time catching up on him.
Some people in Roscommon will be asking what all the shenanigans last August were in aid of now.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PadraicHenryPearse

Senan is 31. He had some illness more so than injuries a couple of years back and then had a few standard hamstring issues nothing too serious. His retirement isn't down to injury or age but interest IMO.

I don't understand your last sentence care to explain.

Syferus

He's young enough for a FF who doesn't really rely on speed anyways. McStay's comments about him being a total team player reflect on his unselfish nature on and off the field. I think he was a big part of our attack being so good in the league the last two years and it's a real pity he got injured before Sligo last year when he was in the form of his life at county level. We'd have beaten Sligo well that day if he was fit because even injured he won almost every ball sent into him over McDonnell. It was just he could do feck all with it when he could barely kick a ball or move.

That said sometimes Senan could be too unselfish, he was a beautiful striker of the ball and at times would lay it off to players with lesser abilities rather than take it on himself because he was in a slightly worse position. I think goal and point tallies are one thing for a forward but assists are just as important when you're a target man. It's safe to say Senan has racked up a mountain of them over the years. With Senan gone now and Donie omitted for the foreseeable future FF is wide open. Cregger is out too and he would be the man with the most experience being a target man up the field after the twin towers. Harney did well in 2015 there, while Enda has the ability to play the position too but in neither case would you consider it their best position.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on December 29, 2016, 01:35:42 PM
He's young enough for a FF who doesn't really rely on speed anyways. McStay's comments about him being a total team player reflect on his unselfish nature on and off the field. I think he was a big part of our attack being so good in the league the last two years and it's a real pity he got injured before Sligo last year when he was in the form of his life at county level. We'd have beaten Sligo well that day if he was fit because even injured he won almost every ball sent into him over McDonnell. It was just he could do feck all with it when he could barely kick a ball or move.

That said sometimes Senan could be too unselfish, he was a beautiful striker of the ball and at times would lay it off to players with lesser abilities rather than take it on himself because he was in a slightly worse position. I think goal and point tallies are one thing for a forward but assists are just as important when you're a target man. It's safe to say Senan has racked up a mountain of them over the years. With Senan gone now and Donie omitted for the foreseeable future FF is wide open. Cregger is out too and he would be the man with the most experience being a target man up the field after the twin towers. Harney did well in 2015 there, while Enda has the ability to play the position too but in neither case would you consider it their best position.

Lolz.

Is this you trying to hype up a 31 year old who just retired without a memorable Championship performance? The few times I saw that chap play in a Championship game he looked a mile off a decent county standard forward - no pace, no heart, no right foot. You can add him to your little book of excuses.

Rossfan

Who asked you to add your usual bitter twisted boloxology?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on December 29, 2016, 04:56:41 PM

I can't let twee bullshit like that pass without adding a healthy degree of truth to it. I take you would rather I had indulged in the propaganda of hyping up an average player who made no impact at county level as some sort of genius our times were lucky to see?

Not for me.

Syferus

Did we play Laois in a challenge match? Heard nothing about it.

Rossfan

Didn't  hear anything other than the Challenge match thread here.

Rossfan

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 29, 2016, 05:02:13 PM

I can't let twee bullshit like that pass without adding a healthy degree of truth to it. I take you would rather I had indulged in the propaganda of hyping up an average player who made no impact at county level as some sort of genius our times were lucky to see?

Not for me.
You could have just shut up for once or you could have said you didn't  think he was much of a player.
Accusing a man you don't  know of having no heart is bad form but not unexpected from your good self.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on December 29, 2016, 06:32:45 PM

Not for me.
You could have just shut up for once or you could have said you didn't  think he was much of a player.
Accusing a man you don't  know of having no heart is bad form but not unexpected from your good self.

I can deduce that from the times I've seen him in action.

Maybe you're right, we should all join hands together in a circle, sing some inoffensive folks songs and only say nice things.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 29, 2016, 07:07:32 PM

Not for me.

Maybe you're right, we should all join hands together in a circle, sing some inoffensive folks songs and only say nice things.

You are a clown. Anyone who disrespects a county player on his retirement is no matter what ability he had. The man has given the best years of his life to playing county football and to come on here knocking him shows you really are a knobhead.

No we didn't play Laois on challenge

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: oliverkelly on December 29, 2016, 10:02:45 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 29, 2016, 07:07:32 PM

Not for me.

You are a clown. Anyone who disrespects a county player on his retirement is no matter what ability he had. The man has given the best years of his life to playing county football and to come on here knocking him shows you really are a knobhead.

No we didn't play Laois on challenge

Every player who ever played county football is excellent.

Let us all join hands together and shower them with praise while Syferus plays a folk song on his guitar.

larryin89

Harsh bomber and ridiculous to slate a county man after hes just announced his retirement .

Excellent for club , had some decent games for ros, at full throttle would of got on most county teams . Seemed to excel for club more so but in his defence poor roscommon teams the last ten years.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Oh, dear.

A lot of bad vibes about. Coming on here any more  is like going into one of those pubs where you can't look sideways at anybody without trouble starting.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on December 29, 2016, 11:04:47 PM

Oh, dear.

A lot of bad vibes about. Coming on here any more  is like going into one of those pubs where you can't look sideways at anybody without trouble starting.

Ros will beat Mayo in July and Roch will leave in more ignominy than H&C did, Moy.