FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: muppet on November 28, 2016, 05:08:34 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 28, 2016, 02:07:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 28, 2016, 01:07:53 AM
I see Keegan made the front of the Sunday World for smoking a ciggarette and pretending to ride a sheepdog. What a sentence to be able to write.

Yeah, the Dubs Love Keegan! :P

The Sunday World! Is Roy Curtis still giving his two pence worth on Man Utd, the Dubs, Rugby and anything else he can make a story up about?
It's a gas paper!

When I was a teenager many decades ago it was a great paper to find out what a pair of tits looked like!

Now you just have to watch The Sunday Game.  :D

:D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

oliverkelly

Heard Diarmuid O'Connor made shite his hamstring again during week for DCU, He probably wouldn't have been involved in FBD but like our own young lads he seems to be troubled with hamstring injurys

gammysolo

Quote from: galwayman on November 29, 2016, 04:15:12 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 28, 2016, 02:07:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 28, 2016, 01:07:53 AM
I see Keegan made the front of the Sunday World for smoking a ciggarette and pretending to ride a sheepdog. What a sentence to be able to write.

Yeah, the Dubs Love Keegan! :P

The Sunday World! Is Roy Curtis still giving his two pence worth on Man Utd, the Dubs, Rugby and anything else he can make a story up about?
It's a gas paper!

When I was a teenager many decades ago it was a great paper to find out what a pair of tits looked like!
Ah Roy Curtis.
What a w**ker.
Excuse for a sports "journalist".

+1
Curtis is ****

rosnarun

Quote from: oliverkelly on December 02, 2016, 11:07:11 AM
Heard Diarmuid O'Connor made shite his hamstring again during week for DCU, He probably wouldn't have been involved in FBD but like our own young lads he seems to be troubled with hamstring injurys
no harm what he needs is a long break. he was running on fumes and one leg towards the end of last year . he has unlimited potential hate to see him burn out
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

GalwayBayBoy

Don't know where to put this so FBD is as good as anywhere I guess.

Lundy, Duane and O'Curraoin all back from the US and back onto the Galway panel for 2017. Sean Armstrong has also come out of retirement to rejoin the panel. In fairness it was persistent niggling injuries that drove him into early retirement and I believe he's had a good run injury free for a while now. Whether it lasts or not who knows. His club form has been very good alright. Kicked 0-6 in the county final against Corofin.

Syferus

Lundy and the Corofin boyos look like they'll be out till nigh on April, though.

seafoid

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 08, 2016, 12:18:17 PM

Lundy, Duane and O'Curraoin all back from the US and back onto the Galway panel for 2017. Sean Armstrong has also come out of retirement to rejoin the panel. In fairness it was persistent niggling injuries that drove him into early retirement and I believe he's had a good run injury free for a while now. Whether it lasts or not who knows. His club form has been very good alright. Kicked 0-6 in the county final against Corofin.
Should be easier to get lads onto the panel if the momentum is good.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

PW Nally

Duane, Lundy & Army a big addition if back in form. What's the perception on O'Curraoin in Galway, big underage reputation but yet to deliver at senior even though still young as a midfielder?

Syferus

Quote from: PW Nally on December 08, 2016, 01:40:03 PM

Duane, Lundy & Army a big addition if back in form. What's the perception on O'Curraoin in Galway, big underage reputation but yet to deliver at senior even though still young as a midfielder?

You've described both the Galway and Roscommon panels there. FOC is a good player but a bit rangey when up against the likes of the O'Sheas.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: PW Nally on December 08, 2016, 01:40:03 PM

He's a handy player to have around in that he's a good ball winner but midfield has kinda moved on from having big tall ball winners to having big tall mobile lads that can get up and down the field as well a la Brian Fenton. That's why Flynn has probably had a bigger impact than him so far.

galwayman

On his day Fiontain can be very good.
He is inconsistent though. Blows hot and cold.

Duine Eile

I think Fiontan has more cold days than hot to be honest. The training panel at the minute includes Ronan Steede, Michael Farragher, Kieran Molloy, Ian Burke, Barry McHugh, Michael Daly, Cillian McDaid and Conor Gleeson.

Cunny Funt

What's the latest with Michael Meehan, one last year in him before he officially hangs up his county boots?

galwayman

I don't think you'll see Mikey involved at county level again unfortunately.

Mike Day from Headford is also on the squad at the moment.

Duine Eile

Quote from: galwayman on December 08, 2016, 04:52:47 PM
I don't think you'll see Mikey involved at county level again unfortunately.

Mike Day from Headford is also on the squad at the moment.

Mike Day was there all last year and was another lad that didn't get 5 minutes game time all year. Mike Meehan is finished at this level unfortunately, he's doing well to be playing a bit of club football at all with his ankle injury.