FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: muppet on November 18, 2016, 03:30:01 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 18, 2016, 03:25:36 PM
The FBD is worthless and should be discontinued. The McKenna Cup is the only one that seems to be worth anything but we should be looking to shorten the intercounty season and getting rid of this would be a start.

Agree. I don't buy the argument that it is a 'right' for club players to have a go playing against weakened county teams in a meaningless tournament.

I don't by that argument either. Bring back the old version of the FBD of one group five county teams 4 games each, whoever finishes top wins the cup.

rosnarun

Quote from: Syferus on November 18, 2016, 04:13:37 PM
Has Dillon retired yet?
in general Mayo plays dont do retirement they just stop getting picked .
i seem to remember bery few times an announcement was made. the Like of Mcarrity ,harte Colm Mc,K mortimer etc it was more of a case of coming near the summer realizing they weren't there this year or in   few cases like Mcdonald ,t howley and Trevor Mort we thought we'd see them again  but left without fanfare
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

moysider

larryin89

Expect roscommons tackling to be much improved next year. If rumour im hearing is true.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Going by the Keith Higgins interview on the Mayo news they will be aiming to win the NFL instead of just looking to survive.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 22, 2016, 08:18:12 PM
Going by the Keith Higgins interview on the Mayo news they will be aiming to win the NFL instead of just looking to survive.

High profile players have to say that! It's to satisfy sponsors and boost ticket sales. Dublin will win the League again at a canter! They have the biggest squad to cope with the League and the knock out games are at home for them. It's set up for them and god help who ever meets them in the knock out stages - they'll go into the Championship an empty vessel from the hammerings!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 22, 2016, 08:35:05 PM

High profile players have to say that! It's to satisfy sponsors and boost ticket sales. Dublin will win the League again at a canter! They have the biggest squad to cope with the League and the knock out games are at home for them. It's set up for them and god help who ever meets them in the knock out stages - they'll go into the Championship an empty vessel from the hammerings!

The one ko league game next year remember.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 22, 2016, 08:35:05 PM

Ah I don't know. As Higgins said less injuries and Castlebar players available throughout next years league should give Mayo a better opportunity to win the league and remember it's a national title and Higgins hasnt won any national title in his long senior carreer so far.

Dublin can't win the league every year. No semi finals in 2017 and if they finish 3rd in the group they would miss out on the knock out stages.

giveballaghback

Quote from: larryin89 on November 22, 2016, 07:50:09 PM
Expect roscommons tackling to be much improved next year. If rumour im hearing is true.
[As the Rossies tackling did not exist last summer if they tackle this summer it will be a start./quote]

Syferus

I see Keegan made the front of the Sunday World for smoking a ciggarette and pretending to ride a sheepdog. What a sentence to be able to write.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on November 28, 2016, 01:07:53 AM
I see Keegan made the front of the Sunday World for smoking a ciggarette and pretending to ride a sheepdog. What a sentence to be able to write.

Yeah, the Dubs Love Keegan! :P

The Sunday World! Is Roy Curtis still giving his two pence worth on Man Utd, the Dubs, Rugby and anything else he can make a story up about?
It's a gas paper!

When I was a teenager many decades ago it was a great paper to find out what a pair of tits looked like!

oliverkelly

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 28, 2016, 02:07:33 PM

The Sunday World! Is Roy Curtis still giving his two pence worth on Man Utd, the Dubs, Rugby and anything else he can make a story up about?
It's a gas paper!

When I was a teenager many decades ago it was a great paper to find out what a pair of tits looked like!

Keegan could do with looking at a pair instead of trying to f**k a dog.

Syferus

Quote from: oliverkelly on November 28, 2016, 02:46:50 PM

It's a gas paper!

Keegan could do with looking at a pair instead of trying to f**k a dog.

You should have as much disdain for them if not more after what they did to our lads 13 years ago.

muppet

It's a gas paper!

Now you just have to watch The Sunday Game.  :D
MWWSI 2017

galwayman

It's a gas paper!

Ah Roy Curtis.
What a w**ker.
Excuse for a sports "journalist".