Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

It's more the City fans I feel for. Adebayor thought of Arsenal when he scored.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on September 12, 2009, 09:00:13 PM

Arsenal and his goalscoring/ win bonus
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ONeill on September 12, 2009, 09:00:13 PM

And rightly so. First game against his former team, and he scores. Why not think of them to let them know they were wrong to sell him.

ONeill

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 12, 2009, 09:04:15 PM

And rightly so. First game against his former team, and he scores. Why not think of them to let them know they were wrong to sell him.

Ahem. Indeed. Give it 4 months my son. You'll see why.

stew

Quote from: slow corner back on September 12, 2009, 08:54:36 PM
Cobblers I remember Van Persie seeing red in a league cup game at OT years ago for an attempt to elbow Kieran richardson, if he had connected he would have broke his jaw. Then he comes out with I have never attempted to injure another player, bollocks. Trevor Brooking was a consumate professional, how many times did he get kicked/elbowed/intiomidated in the seventies? Did he feel the need to run crying to the media in an attempt to get another professional banned? If it was not about the result why did Van P not wait until after the weekend to see if the FA did anything about the incident on Monday? He is pissed off because he can see a former teamate who he did not get on with basically waving two fingers at him and the arsenal club and since he cannot get revenge on Adebayor on the pitch he wants to do it via the media.

I dont recall RVP crying to the media much in the past, it is ridiculous that you bring up Trevor Brooking, a man who by the way reminds me of our very own Rufus T Firefly.
In brookings day there might have been a handful of reporters at a game and a few cameramen and commentators, nowadays you have hundreds of the hoors at game, microphones everywhere and you have youtube etc, players of today have many more demands on them than players from the past, that said it does seem that RVP wanted to have the incident highlighted because he felt strongly that he could have lost an eye in the tackle, i would be piised too, oh and he doesnt make a habit of it so give him the benefit of the doubt.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Carmen Stateside

Thats unreal, no excuse for that,  was it highlighted on MOTD?

gawa316

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 12, 2009, 08:51:57 PM
Also remember incidents involving Rooney, Neville, Gerrard etc. The usual excuse was rolled out that he was showing some passion, and as he's English, they get away with it, not so if it's a foreigner or a controversial character.

Don't remember Gerrard ever reacting like this, I may be wrong but please enlighten me

AFS

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on September 13, 2009, 12:05:26 AM
A natural reaction when a man goes in to mow you, van persie wasnt going in easy on Ade...

A natural reaction is to stamp on their face?

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 12, 2009, 11:56:26 PM
Thats unreal, no excuse for that,  was it highlighted on MOTD?

Sure was.

muppet

Quote from: slow corner back on September 12, 2009, 08:42:26 PM
Do you think Mr Van Persie wants to make sure Mr Adebayor get banned :D While he may have a point it kinda goes against the unwritten rules in football, ie when someone does something like this to you react like Roy Keane, say nothing play dumb then do them in the next match. Keano was not the only player to ever do this ( he was the only one stupid enough to write about it in a book)
As someone who likes to put it about himself RVP is lining himself up for trouble/ ridicule at a later date. All he needed to do was get Lee Dixon to highlight it on MOTD and Adebayor was looking at a ban anyway.

Read Lawrenson's book.
MWWSI 2017

nutsy--1

that adebayor is nothing but scum i hope he gets banned for a few games, i dont mind scoring goals as this is what he's good at but running the whole up the pitch to celebrate with the away is pointless its a pity he didn't do his hamstring on the run.

Good to rosicky back playing, need to get 3points in our next league game.

Gaffer

Yesterday was the first time I have ever seen him in his own half.

He was lazy, full of himself cod at Areal and will prove to be the same at City. Mark my words !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Archie Mitchell

So, apart from all the Adebayor shenanagins yesterday, what did use Gooners think of City's performance yesterday? Are City now rightful challengers to the big 4 monopoly?

I thought once Arsenal equalised they would have piled on the pressure and I would have settled for a draw, but City seemed to find another gear or 2 and tore Arsenal open in a brilliant 15 minute spell. The teams workrate, especially by Bellamy for the 4th goal, was key for City's performance yesterday.

slow corner back

Quote from: stew on September 12, 2009, 09:06:21 PM
Quote from: slow corner back on September 12, 2009, 08:54:36 PM
Cobblers I remember Van Persie seeing red in a league cup game at OT years ago for an attempt to elbow Kieran richardson, if he had connected he would have broke his jaw. Then he comes out with I have never attempted to injure another player, bollocks. Trevor Brooking was a consumate professional, how many times did he get kicked/elbowed/intiomidated in the seventies? Did he feel the need to run crying to the media in an attempt to get another professional banned? If it was not about the result why did Van P not wait until after the weekend to see if the FA did anything about the incident on Monday? He is pissed off because he can see a former teamate who he did not get on with basically waving two fingers at him and the arsenal club and since he cannot get revenge on Adebayor on the pitch he wants to do it via the media.

I dont recall RVP crying to the media much in the past, it is ridiculous that you bring up Trevor Brooking, a man who by the way reminds me of our very own Rufus T Firefly.
In brookings day there might have been a handful of reporters at a game and a few cameramen and commentators, nowadays you have hundreds of the hoors at game, microphones everywhere and you have youtube etc, players of today have many more demands on them than players from the past, that said it does seem that RVP wanted to have the incident highlighted because he felt strongly that he could have lost an eye in the tackle, i would be piised too, oh and he doesnt make a habit of it so give him the benefit of the doubt.

The only reeason Trevor Brooking was mentioned was because of your reference to consumate professional which Brooking undoubtedly was. By the way what was RVP the consumate professional doing sliding in two footed from behind on Adebayor in the first place? As they said on MOTD  last night RVP could have seen red if he connected with Adebayor. There is no question he was trying to do him, those two have history from last season. Adebayor then responded with a dirty tr**p of his own, ban them both I say. Three games for RVP and six for Adebayor

tyroneman

No harm to Arsenal but Wengers refusal to acknoledge that several of his first 11 are not good enough will cost them the title again this year. Song, Diaby, Denilson, Bentdner, Eboue, Walcott all nowhere near the level they need ot be at.