Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

We're not talking about last night in reference to the youth myth, rather the general pr.

magpie seanie

QuoteAs for the Champions League Liverpool and Chelsea are serious contenders, well organised and hard teams to score against but it's wide open, PSV are similar and only a fool would think that they would be an easy touch in the quarter-finals. Personally if I was a manager, Man U look like the weakest side left in it...

So Liverpool are clearly better than the team that is 19 points ahead of them in the league and has beaten them twice this season?

full back

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2007, 10:28:05 AM
As for the Champions League Liverpool and Chelsea are serious contenders, well organised and hard teams to score against but it's wide open, PSV are similar and only a fool would think that they would be an easy touch in the quarter-finals. Personally if I was a manager, Man U look like the weakest side left in it...

Just as well you will never make a manager then Dinny-eh ::)

Dinny Breen

QuoteSo Liverpool are clearly better than the team that is 19 points ahead of them in the league and has beaten them twice this season?

On the European stage, absolutely, jesus Seanie even a myopic Man U fan like has to admit Liverpool were much the better side last Saturday, no?
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

QuoteI very very much doubt that. for a start, walcott cost far more that CR

Uladh, look you're not an Arsenal fan Wlacott cost 5 million although there are clauses which will see that rise, for a lad just turned 17 he has done quite well this season and I am happy with his progress. Ronaldo who Arsenal tried to sign cost 12.4 million and only this season has really impressed. Now piss off to the Champions Elect thread and leave myself and O'Neill to wallow in our Gooners delusion
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Dinny, can you remember the last time Arsenal had no silverware to play for in March. Can't be arsed researching it, but from memory - (I can't remember when Arsenal exited the CL in these years so they may be added)

2006 - CL
2005 - FA Cup
2004 - PL, FA Cup
2003 - FA Cup
2002 - PL, FA Cup
2001 - FA Cup, CL
2000 - UEFA Cup
1999 - PL
1998 - PL, FA Cup
1997 - ?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

First year of Wenger , 96 -97 I think. Depressing few months ahead. Seemingly not once this season has Wenger played his first choice XI and only once have Lehamann, Eboube, Toure, Gallas and Clichy have played together. You have to look at the World Cup as a pausible excuse....
#newbridgeornowhere

full back

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2007, 02:04:59 PM
You have to look at the World Cup as a pausible excuse....

Ah Dinny, thats right, the 2006 World Cup, exclusively for Arsenal players
It's actually called the 'Arsenal World Cup' & not the 'FIFA World Cup' - honest

ildanach

arsenal time and time again are being recked by set pieces, The annoying thing is that was  a needless free kick given away by hleb and in the carling cup denillson gave away the ball for drogba to score from that cross. 2 incidents that could be avoided or if we had any luck would not have led to goals. I don feel we need a keeper who is commanding in the area and i would like to see arsenal buy woodgate, we have already struck uo the relationship with real madrid in the baptista / reyes transfer.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Dinny Breen

QuoteAh Dinny, thats right, the 2006 World Cup, exclusively for Arsenal players

Well, if you sit down and think about it you might be shocked to learn that Arsenal and Chelsea had the most players at the World Cup, now if you think really hard you will realise that both their squads have suffered the most this year, co-incidence?, now if you think even harder you will realise that Henry had no preseason because A. He was involved in an Arsenal squad that got to the Champions League final and B A French squad that got to the World Cup final. So yes I believe the World Cup is a factor in Arsenals poor season not the total reason but a factor none the less....

#newbridgeornowhere

full back

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2007, 02:04:59 PM
You have to look at the World Cup as a pausible excuse....

Doesnt say it is a factor in your previous post!!

magpie seanie

Dinny is right about the World Cup being a factor. Rooney and Heinze are definitely suffering because of it.

full back

Uladh

Do none of the arsene lovers believe it was a massive mistake to move toure to right back and play gilberto in the heart of the defence? baffling decision by my thinking to play an unfit gallas and a midfielder at centre back when you've one of the best centre backs in the world at your disposal, no matter if he can play right back or not.

Tony Fearon

Sit back all you Goons, relax, and watch a N.London team containing British and Irish players, reach a European Final and actually win it.

We are holding a victory parade through the heart of Islington by the way ;D