Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Another good win for the kids:

http://www.boxofficefootball.com/arsenal-vs-wigan-athletic-live/

Highlights were Wilshire's pass for the first goal, devastating counter for the second and Vela's chip for the third.

Seems to be a pattern every year. The U18s are too good for most senior sides until the semis or final. I think they said the average age was 17.9 tonight!!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

Any posters on this thread 'silver' members of Arsenal by any chance?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Third year as a red. Probably a few years to go yet before an upgrade. Looking for a ticket?

ONeill

Premier League - Rosicky in operation blow

Eurosport - Tue, 11 Nov 23:38:00 2008

Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky has undergone further surgery on a tendon injury which has sidelined the Czech Republic international since January.

The 28-year-old suffered the injury in an FA Cup tie against Newcastle on January 26 but has made slower progress than expected after originally having surgery back in May.

A statement released by Arsenal read: "Tomas Rosicky yesterday underwent routine revision surgery in Germany.

"The operation went as planned and Tomas will now spend at least a few weeks convalescing in Germany.

"Thereafter he will follow a tailored rehabilitation programme devised by our medical team."

The injury has restricted Rosicky to just 61 first-team appearances for the Gunners since joining from Borussia Dortmund in May 2006.

It is not yet clear when he will be fit to return to training.

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on November 11, 2008, 11:54:30 PM
Third year as a red. Probably a few years to go yet before an upgrade. Looking for a ticket?

No. Red myself for 3 years. Have a mate who is a silver and he was llooking to team up with someone and maybe lend for certain matches. Would be advantageous to both.
I in the same boat as you but could be years before I get offered a silver.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

The neighbour's a silver but I think he has it tied up with a Belfast pub. Will ask to make sure.

Dinny Breen

Vela I think will be a superstar, good week to be a Gooner...
#newbridgeornowhere

under the bar

As a Utd fan I was very impressed with the Arsenal young lads last night.  Fair play to Wenger for giving them the chance and they repaid him in full.  Hard to believe some gunners fans want a change at the top.

lurganblue

only caught about 20 mins of this but i was really surprised at the quality of the youngsters at arsenal. where do they keep pulling these left backs from? that lads gibbs look very good....

YogiBear

Great performance by the kids last nite.  Hope Wenger can keep a hold of the main ones and they dont get restless to young and start to look elswhere for first team football.   As with any bunch of kids if we can four or five through to the first team over the next few years we will be doing well.  Think Rambo is ready to steo up now and Vela probably next year.   The rest we may just have to wait a bit longer

hitzelsperger

Quote from: under the bar on November 12, 2008, 08:47:09 AM
As a Utd fan I was very impressed with the Arsenal young lads last night.  Fair play to Wenger for giving them the chance and they repaid him in full.  Hard to believe some gunners fans want a change at the top.

i cant believe gooners would want some one new in charge..there is no one else in world football could do the job as well as AW.

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 12, 2008, 08:40:33 AM

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 12, 2008, 08:40:33 AM

Have been keeping an eye on him since arsenal signed him, when he went to spain apparently he was outstanding and would have been back to AFC only for Visa problems. hopefully he makes the step up from reserves and gets a chance to show what he can do. his pace for the second goal was brilliant, similar to Eduardo but quicker!

When he gets to the stage that he wants to quit managing, Arsene HAS TO BE KEPT AT ARSENAL! but unfortunately i can see him getting a youth performance job with French Football Assoc.!

anportmorforjfc

Asenal have the best young players in the premiership no doubt

jaykay

Quote from: Gaffer on November 12, 2008, 12:03:24 AM
Quote from: ONeill on November 11, 2008, 11:54:30 PM

No. Red myself for 3 years. Have a mate who is a silver and he was llooking to team up with someone and maybe lend for certain matches. Would be advantageous to both.
I in the same boat as you but could be years before I get offered a silver.

Red myself too.  From what I hear the waiting list is up to 7 or 8 years before you become Silver.

gawa316

How did Arsenal reserves do last year and how are they doing this year?

Over the Bar

QuoteArsene HAS TO BE KEPT AT ARSENAL! but unfortunately i can see him getting a youth performance job with French Football Assoc.!

I should expect that the FFF will be offering him a slightly higher profile job than youth performance.