Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on November 07, 2008, 08:10:36 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 06, 2008, 01:27:58 AM
How did Fabianski play O'Neill?

Not really tested. One poor decision that was almost costly.

Always looked forward to the Utd games, more so than any others. Did the double over them in 06/07, a draw and defeat last year so it has been fairly even in recent years.

However, crapping myself a wee bit about this. The last time Arsenal played Utd depleted was the 6-1 game 8-9 years ago. On the other hand, the pressure's off somewhat (2-1 odds at home). Time for a wee bit of freedom from a side stifled with frustration. Fabregas has been a shell of the player he was during the summer - probably serious burnout given his age. Can Bendtner step up to the mark? He's cocky enough to think he can. Walcott's injury has been kept under wraps so I wouldn't be surprised to see him tomorrow. Utd at full strength mostly v Arsenal without RVP, Eboue, Sagna and Adebayor as well as crushed confidence....the bookies aren't wrong. AW has pulled these games out of the fire before. Don't know what to think. Head says 2-0 Utd (Rooney/Berb). Heart 2-1 Gooners (Vela/Nasri)

Good shout O'Neill!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

Good result, Man U reminded me off Arsenal at times very toothless up front and Berbatov is just a luxury player. If teams play football against Arsenal they generally is only one winner but Utd out passed Arsenal today and Anderson kept Fabregas very quiet but it was Arsenal's work-rate without the ball that was fantastic too watch, Bentner really worked hard and deserved a goal, Nasri tormented the Neviller and he looked the player that everyone thought Helb would be. Clichy was out-standing and was my motm, Arsenal really won this game down the left.

Kudos to Keane for speaking out against the Media witch hunt of Wenger, wonder will they eat humble pie in the tabloids tomorrow. Plenty to build on and still only 6 points behind, good day for the Goons.

P.S Keep up those feelings Norf Tyrone
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Dinny I feel unclean thinking like that!

Traditionally I find that when one of the so called big 4 are backs to the wall, they produce a result. In addition this year as soon as a team are started to be built up (See Chelsea and Lpool for example) or pulled down (Spurs or Stoke for example) they also tend to get a result.

It has the potential to be the best ever Premiership season because of this if it keeps up!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

100% there NT. There was always the sneaking feeling that Arsenal would fight tooth and nail after the media focus this week. Arsenal were rather fortunate in that Rooney and Ronaldo couldn't hit a barn door today. At the same time, Utd were gaping at the back and you feel that if RVP or Ade had been on at 2-0 in those last 20 mins, Arsenal could have run up 3-4 goals.

Nasri's workrate was immense and although Hleb was pleasing on the eye, Nasri has almost scored more in 3 months than Hleb did in 3 years. If Arsenal can get Rosicky and Eduardo back to complement a full hand, Arsenal won't be far away. Still suspect at the back, more so than Liverpool and Chelsea. Fabregas badly needs a break.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Not fancying that Arsenal defence. Gave too much space to Ronaldo and if he'd been on it the result would have been different.

Windmill abu

Bentdner's finishing just isn't good enough. When Adebyaor & Eduardo are both fit along with Van Persie & Vela, I don't think there will be a place for Bendtner in the panel. Wenger should sell him in January and pay whatever it takes to get a big centre half to shore up a dodgy looking defence. I think Fabianski has shown enough to justify a run in the first team.

If we get Rosicky back soon we still might give the premiership a run this season.

My prefered 1st 11  from the current panel are:     
                 Fabianski

Sagna     Toure     Gallas    Clichy

Walcott    Fabregas  Diaby   Rosicky

Adebyaor    Eduardo

Subs    Almunia, Silvestre, Denilson, Van Persie, Song.

Never underestimate the power of complaining

hitzelsperger

Awesome win for the Gunners against the Manc's. Hopefully this will drive us on to get a few results and to close in on chelski and the pool...Im still not convinced by Bendtner myself but Wenger must see something in him, if he comes good he could score a few important goals what with the number of chances he gets. I would like to see a big centre half brought in along side gallas and Kolo going to centre midfield alongside cesc. kolo play the holding roll and let cesc pull the strings. Rosickys injury must have been bad, hes been out a long time, heard at one stage his career was being questioned, hopefully he and eduardo come back in after xmas along with a few new faces we could pick up sonme silverware and with good vibes about Vela we aint short in strikers! my preferred line up would be

GK Almunia / Fabianski
RB Sagna
LB Clichy
CB Gallas
CB Metzhelder / Toure
RM Theo
DM Toure / Diaby
AM Cesc
LM Nasri / Rosicky
CF Adebayor / RVP
CF Eduardo

hitzelsperger

looking forward to seeing some of the youngsters getting a run tonight in the carling cup. this competition will bring the likes vela, ramsey and wilshere on leaps and bounds..and no doubt unearth a few other gems that wenger has kept from us!

billy the kid

Any idea where tonites game could be caught on internet or radio.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

anportmorforjfc

billy the kid

Dont ave sky, Is it on the radio as I will be on the road at that time.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

anportmorforjfc

There are Updates on BBC Radio 5 Live, but dont think its live

ildanach

i see Amaury Bischoff is set to make his debut tonnight. he could be what we are missing in midfield!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Bensars

Just seen this. Most of you gooners may have already seen this.

jaykay

Quote from: billy the kid on November 11, 2008, 12:39:53 PM
Any idea where tonites game could be caught on internet or radio.

justin.tv.  Just log on a couple of minutes before kick off and you'll be able to watch Sky Sports coverage of the game.