Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ildanach

I would love to see them sign Micah richards. It would give us cover at right back and him and toure in the centre would be great.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: hitzelsperger on May 09, 2008, 01:05:27 PM
agree that flamini will probably be a bit-part player at the san siro and would have been happier to lose Hleb than him!

Flamini will probably be a regular at Milan next season. Gattuso is off to Bayern Munich apparently.

Hleb may soon be following Flamini out the door if his agent has his way.

ONeill

83 points. Didn't see that coming last August. Although that's a plus, it's not often you hit that amount of points and a club like Arsenal need to make it count. Hard to believe that despite losing only 3 times in the league, Arsenal were more or less out of it by late March. The transfer market will be crucial this summer, with a player similar to Flamini needed as well as a season injury free for Van Persie, Eduardo and Rosicky. Walcott has improved as the season progressed. The back four of Clichy, Toure, Gallas and Sagna is top class (as well as Song), although the cover is rather dubious. In Walcott, Rosicky, Fabregas, Hleb, Diaby and Denilson is impressive but needs steel. Adebayor, Van Persie and Bendtner (with Eduardo) has goals in it

With 83 points, the league would have been won in 2003, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996. All that says is that the bar has been raised.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Saw Wenger on Arsenal TV being interviewed on a question and answer session. He seemed happy with this season and talked about how clubs who moved to new stadiums took a while to settle into them. He seemed pretty confident about the years ahead. I'd say Arsenal would be a good bet for next years Championship.

Gabriel_Hurl

AZOffaly

Jaysus Gab, you're mad into the new kits. Are you some sort of fashion icon or something? :D

Billys Boots

As long as they're commercially produced in Leprechaun size, Gab is the main man for style.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ONeill

Premier League - Arsenal in talks with Aquilani
Eurosport - Mon, 19 May 13:46:00 2008

Arsenal are holding talks with Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani, according to the Italy international's agent.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is reportedly keen on recruiting the highly-rated 23-year-old in a bid to fill the gap left following Mathieu Flamini's departure to Milan.

And following comments from Aquilani's agent, Vincenzo Morabito, there appears to be some substance to those reports.

Morabito told Italia Uno: "Aquilani is speaking to Arsenal. We will have to see if Roma will be able to match his demands."

The Rome-born midfielder has enjoyed a solid season at the Stadio Olimpico, playing a major role in the Giallorossi's title bid - which they sustained until the final day of the season - as well as contributing to runs to the quarter-final of the Champions League and the final of the Coppa Italia, which they will play against Inter at the weekend.

Aquilani made 28 appearances in total for Roma this season, scoring four times. He has been capped by Italy four times.

ildanach

i see flamini wont be partaking in champions league football next season
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ildanach

Quote from: ONeill on May 19, 2008, 01:54:14 PM
Premier League - Arsenal in talks with Aquilani
Eurosport - Mon, 19 May 13:46:00 2008

Arsenal are holding talks with Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani, according to the Italy international's agent.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is reportedly keen on recruiting the highly-rated 23-year-old in a bid to fill the gap left following Mathieu Flamini's departure to Milan.

And following comments from Aquilani's agent, Vincenzo Morabito, there appears to be some substance to those reports.

Morabito told Italia Uno: "Aquilani is speaking to Arsenal. We will have to see if Roma will be able to match his demands."

The Rome-born midfielder has enjoyed a solid season at the Stadio Olimpico, playing a major role in the Giallorossi's title bid - which they sustained until the final day of the season - as well as contributing to runs to the quarter-final of the Champions League and the final of the Coppa Italia, which they will play against Inter at the weekend.

Aquilani made 28 appearances in total for Roma this season, scoring four times. He has been capped by Italy four times.

i would rather see them get makoun from lille

Dinny Breen

Anyone else watch the Cesc Fabregas Show, cringeworthy TV, felt embarrassed for the lad. This however I like..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=anwlpTgbQTE
#newbridgeornowhere

ildanach

from sky.com

Arsenal are closing in on a triple French swoop with Samir Nasri, Clement Chantome and Francis Coquelin all understood to be on the verge of moving to North London.

First 2 I have heard of the third i dont know anything about. Nasri would hopefully fit into the midfiled nicely. However although Chantome is a centre midfielder dont know will he be ready straight away which is what we need

spiritof91and94

Quote from: ildanach on May 21, 2008, 12:46:06 PM
from sky.com

Arsenal are closing in on a triple French swoop with Samir Nasri, Clement Chantome and Francis Coquelin all understood to be on the verge of moving to North London.

First 2 I have heard of the third i dont know anything about. Nasri would hopefully fit into the midfiled nicely. However although Chantome is a centre midfielder dont know will he be ready straight away which is what we need

Not more Gallic Players - we need a good hard as nails player who will stick it on the line now and again - Chelsea and United have them and the bottom line is they are in Moscow tonight and we arent.

ildanach

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on May 21, 2008, 01:42:30 PM
Quote from: ildanach on May 21, 2008, 12:46:06 PM
from sky.com

Not more Gallic Players - we need a good hard as nails player who will stick it on the line now and again - Chelsea and United have them and the bottom line is they are in Moscow tonight and we arent.

are you forgetting mssrs petite and viera?

ONeill

Not a bad night's work for Gooners. Cashley wins nowt, Anelka misses penalty, Terry slips, Crynoldo bombs again, Fergie cocks up only for Terry to hand it to him.