Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Remained unbeaten in big games and with the squad strengthening by the day I'm fairly confident.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on March 14, 2008, 02:01:22 PM
Remained unbeaten in big games and with the squad strengthening by the day I'm fairly confident.

Drawing three crucial consecutive games you would have expected 9 points from is surely patchy form
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Going to the San Siro and tanking the European Champions indicates what Arsenal can do in 'big' games.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ONeill on March 14, 2008, 02:10:04 PM
Going to the San Siro and tanking the European Champions indicates what Arsenal can do in 'big' games.

If you're going for the title they are all 'big' games.

ONeill

No, unfortunately for this side they fail to adhere to that. Was over at the Arsenal/Villa game and Arsenal played like a side with all eyes on the Milan game. They cantered through it. 3 days later and it was a completely different side that took to the field in the SS yet the same players. Then back to Wigan with half the side sleeping through the game.

I feel we're looking at a repeat of the 2006 final, with Henry on the losing side again, sending him around the bend.

Minder

O'Neill you would have to admit youse have shit on the nest badly
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

spiritof91and94

Cannot see us winning the league now - we arent scoring and this is worrying goven the stage of the season - we have gave it away by squandering a 5 point lead.

ONeill

It's going to come down to the top 4 games, starting next Sunday. I expect Utd and Chelsea to win midweek. That'll leave Utd 3 ahead with Arsenal and Chelsea level. Then on Easter Sunday (families ruined) Liverpool to beat Utd and Arsenal/Chelsea draw.....or the former a draw and a winner in the latter....or....

As for today - if the linesman had called Adebayor's goal correctly, Arsenal would've been 1-0 up after 5 would have pished all over Boro. Luck hasn't been on their side lately. Going to be one hell of a next 4 weeks.

ONeill

On the other hand - Utd and Chelsea both win on Wednesday and Sunday.....I'm digging a hole in the yard.

ONeill

Great result tonight. Win at Old Trafford in a few weeks like last year in the league and it's Arsenal's title. Utd won't beat Liverpool or Chelsea.

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Owenmoresider

They will need to stop dropping points like the home draws with Villa and Boro though, even though two may have been gained with late goals. Still it may be that by holding Chelski tongiht, that Spurs did ye no harm tonight. :-\

An Fear Rua

I reckon Samson needs some hair extensions ,quickly. Arse to win the euro ties, and lose the league game in the middle
Its Grim up North

Norf Tyrone

If the Mancs won on Sunday, Arsenal and Chelsea kick off 6 and 8 points behind. At that stage, it's a case of who is motivated enough to overcome that gap to eek a win in their game.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly