Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitzelsperger

horrific injury, if he makes a full  recovery it'll be a miracle!read somewhere that the ambulance paramedic said the ankle and foot was hangin on by skin..sickening

A Quinn Martin Production

First of all I'd like to wish Eduardo all the best with his recovery, I actually think he's a very good player and once he had settled in the Prem I think he would have been a star (and I'm a Chelsea fan).

It was by no means the worst tackle I've ever seen (anyone remember Gerrard's two footed, studs up tackle against Everton a few years ago??) but obviously the outcome was horrific and on another day Eduardo's shinpad would have taken most of the impact and a free kick and yellow card might have ensued.  However I have noticed recently the one or two footed studs up lunge creeping into the game and the FA should act to nip it in the bud.

As for Eduardo, I hope he can come back...Cisse managed to come back from a similar injury and Henrik Larsson came back from a similar injury to be an even better player.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

ildanach

from arsenal.com

Eduardo has given his account of the terrible events at Birmingham City on Saturday.

The Croatian, 25 on Monday, broke his leg following a challenge from Blues defender Martin Taylor in the third minute of the game at St Andrews. He was taken to hospital and underwent surgery that night. The striker has since returned to a London-based hospital for further treatment.

Speaking for the first time after the incident, the summer signing  from Dinamo Zagreb ruled himself out of the rest of the season and Euro 2008 in the summer. However, he added that he is 'determined to overcome this injury'.

"I don't remember the incident very well and it is not something that I want to see again on television or in the newspapers," said Eduardo.

"All I remember is that when I fell, I looked down at my foot and it had turned the other way. The rest is just a blank. It was an unfortunate situation but these things can happen in football.

"I am unsure at the moment of the extent of the injury and how long I will be out of action for but I know that I won't be able to play for Arsenal for the rest of the season or be ready in time for the Euros this summer.

"But I'm not worried about that. My concentration and determination is on making as quick a recovery as possible. I am determined to overcome this injury.

"I would like to thank the medical team here at Arsenal for their efforts as well as the staff at Selly Oak Hospital who carried out the operation on Saturday night. Everyone there made me feel as comfortable as possible. 

"I would also like to say how touched I am by the many messages of support I have received and to be surrounded by my loved ones at this time."

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

AZOffaly

Quote from: J70 on February 23, 2008, 05:07:35 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 23, 2008, 04:58:52 PM
Personally- and casting any bias aside- I don't think it was the worst tackle I've ever seen. He wasn't really over the top nor high, and it looked simply very badly timed. Probably deserved a red card, but don't agree there was a lot of intent.

Tacke of legal action is stupid. Sure why doesn't Nani get Gallas charged for his assault last week?

I'm sure he didn't mean to break his leg, but that was a dangerous, high tackle. Even if he had got there in time, he would have went over the top of the ball.

As someone said, only Taylor will know whether he meant to do damage or not, but regardless, as a professional footballer, you KNOW the risks of going in late, high and with studs showing. It was a disgraceful tackle in my opinion. Professionals know that tackles like that are potential career enders, so at the very least Taylor was reckless.

The images remind me of David Busst's career ender (accidental of course) against United. I hope Eduardo doesn't suffer the same fate.

As for Taylor, I would love to ban him for the length of time that Eduardo is out, but at least until the end of this season.

ildanach

Just heard on the radio.Eduardo will hopefully be back in 9 months. He fractured his left fibula and dislocated his ankle.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ildanach on February 25, 2008, 05:20:00 PM
Just heard on the radio.Eduardo will hopefully be back in 9 months. He fractured his left fibula and dislocated his ankle.

Arsenal are saying a year.

thebandit

I had much the same injury, without severing the foot!

Haven't been able to string 3 training sessions in a row together since....

ildanach

Just at the right time too! Its a pity he won't be fit for milan though

Robin van Persie came back to full training on Friday.

The Dutchman will not figure against Aston Villa or Milan but his return is welcome news after the loss of Eduardo for the season with a broken leg.

Van Persie has played only three games since late October because of injury. He has been out since early January because of a thigh problem. He was one of two players back on the field at the training ground on Friday.

"The news is good," said Wenger. "It is Robin's first time back in full training. He looks quite good but I won't rush him back because I have made that mistake before.

"The other one who is back is Johan Djourou but he is not in the squad tomorrow."

The only player returning for the game against Villa on Saturday is Abou Diaby. The full list of absentees is: Alex Song (knee), Tomas Rosicky (hamstring), Kolo Toure (calf), Johan Djourou (groin), Van Persie (thigh) and Emmanuel Eboue (suspended).

ildanach

milan 0 arsenal 0
we need a goal for all the posession we have!!

ONeill

Bastard ref has been bribed. See the Hleb incident?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

Joke. A free from the edge at the very least. How the hell do Italians get away with this shit. They get frees for next to nothing.
Very impressed by Arsenal, but they need a goal soon or them pricks will steal something. Fabregas deserves one.

ONeill

ONeill

ildanach

Quote from: ExiledGael on March 04, 2008, 08:39:41 PM
Joke. A free from the edge at the very least. How the hell do Italians get away with this shit. They get frees for next to nothing.
Very impressed by Arsenal, but they need a goal soon or them pricks will steal something. Fabregas deserves one.
definate free, the ref was in a good position to give it. i am afraid though that we really needed a goal with that much position. earlier in the season that would have been straight in the top corner from cesc. luck just not with us in first half

ONeill

I can see Walcott's rawness causing bother. Milan seemed to be tiring as the half progressed. Worryingly though Kaka is being given more room than last time.