Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Where does tierney sit in the pecking order with zinchenko in there ? He looks very useful.

Ghost

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2022, 09:12:56 PM
Where does tierney sit in the pecking order with zinchenko in there ? He looks very useful.

Read somewhere that Zinchenko has aspirations of playing as one of the CDMs like he does for Ukraine so if Tierney could get up to speed keep himself fit it could free Zinchenko up to play in there.

Rudi

imtommygunn

Quote from: Ghost on August 05, 2022, 09:20:07 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2022, 09:12:56 PM

Read somewhere that Zinchenko has aspirations of playing as one of the CDMs like he does for Ukraine so if Tierney could get up to speed keep himself fit it could free Zinchenko up to play in there.

Both very useful and should probably be accommodated in the team. Tierney looked sharp enough when he came on but he does seem injury prone.

Good win for arsenal. Palace a difficult enough side to play against.

mrdeeds

Tierney can be rested now so will help with injuries. Saliba looks the real deal.

BrotherMore6592

Top of the league, 3 points clear.
Saliba player of the season.
Martinelli top scorer

Other clubs could never

ONeill

Didn't think Arsenal played that well. They're still a long way off being a good side.

They've a decent run of games here and should be looking at 15 points from 15 if they're to be taken seriously.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Well that's 9 from 9. Today was the most comfortable.

We still can't make any judgement until they meet one of the big boys. I'm hoping there are less mistakes in Saliba and Zinchenko when the pressure is on. Xhaka etc won't change spots.

Jim Bob

Martinelli too much of a mooch today for my liking

BrotherMore6592

Oh baby

If we could ever get one more decent central midfielder to replace Xhaka I'd be delighted

mrdeeds

I think Xhaka being surprisingly good. A goal and two assists already.

trailer

Enjoyed the All or Nothing documentary. One thing is for sure Arteta is a Gem. Seems like a great guy and someone you'd go through a brick wall for. Totally wasted at Arsenal. Edu seems to know what he is doing re: recruitment. Big season now. Top 3 or 4 is a must.

ONeill

Good to grind that out but you saw today that Gabriel isn't a top-class defender.

Also, Tierney and Elneny are a Lidl version of Zinchenko and Partey.

BrotherMore6592

Think that's harsh on Gabriel ? He was highly sought after by juventus. He showed great character to rectify his mistake scoring a goal when his team needed him.

I want another buy this week but I'm not sure if it's going to come.

Been too many rumours around Neto, Zaha, Diaby etc

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2022, 08:47:12 PM
Good to grind that out but you saw today that Gabriel isn't a top-class defender.

Also, Tierney and Elneny are a Lidl version of Zinchenko and Partey.

Harsh on Tierney too. He's a bettee defender than Zinchenko although Zinchenko is a better technical player. Need back up to Partey. Lokonga should be given a chance to be his back up rather than Elneny.