Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Can't say I agree with your prediction of the Seville game, O'Neill. Seville just lost today at home to Mallorca to follow up last week's defeat at Villarreal. Here's today's game babelfished:

Liga - the Majorca returns to win in the Pizjuán

The Majorca, as already it happened the last season, returns to win in the Pizjuán (1-2) before a stuck Seville without that remains offed-hook of the high zone of the table after suffering the third defeat like the premises in the present campaign. Ibagaza and the Varelas give the victory to vermilions. The Majorca has known to make profitable the 2-0 harvested in first half, in spite of being in numerical inferiority during the end of second half, with much suffering and holding the attacks of the nervión set. Seville left to the party with the intention to control the ball and to arrive at the rival frame with clarity, but they did not find its midfield players to the Mali Frederic Kanouté and the Brazilian Luis Fabiano, with few occasions of goal between both throughout everything in encounter. And under this Sevillista weather it arrived the first Majorcan goal, in the first approach that it had, exceeded the quarter of hour, when Jonás Gutiérrez went well by the left band of Hinkel, and made happens of the death within the area so that Ariel "sewer" Ibagaza beat by low and fit to a wood to Andrés Palop (0-1, min 16) The sevillista equipment could tie in two occasions with its goleador forward Luis Fabiano, but, or the ball went away outside nearly, or the doorman vermilion Germa'n Lux was for preventing it. Seville had "reflections" during the party of which fué the last season, but its thick and slow game during the mayora part of the encounter justifies its position in the classification. At the 38 minutes of the encounter the finishing nail arrived from the Majorca by means of spectacular zapatazo, from more than thirty meters, from Varela who strained themselves by the square of a Palop that could not make nothing to prevent it (0-2). Seville to the load Thanks to the heat of its liking, Seville left to the load in second half looking for the male. Luis Fabiano returned to suffer itself of his ankle, hurt after playing with his selection, and had to leave Chevantón in his place trasa the rest. Indeed Chevantón attended Kanouté in the goal of Seville after renewal (1-2 min. 50), and it made delude to the liking of overcome Pizjuán with one historical one after that tempranero goal. As of that moment Seville turns upside down completely to the attack and the ball does not leave the field vermilion desperately looking for the tie. There it is when German Lux, Majorcan arquero, are elevated in the outstanding man of the encounter after carrying out impressive sevillistas shutdowns to the man that did not guess right to beat to him. The Majorca as well began to sleep the encounter and to also cause the interruptions so that the party happened more quickly. Varela, Balearic midfield player author of the second goal, was expelled for want of quarter from hour for the end. This caused that the Majorca was still closed more back and controlled the rest of the encounter before a Seville without stuck arrival nor.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

I think Essien will miss the game v Arsenal now. A big loss, as he usually plays well and scores v The Goons.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

ildanach

think we might get a result tonight. I have a sneaky feeling eduardo will get a goal (8-1 on pp to score first). Cesc is back and that will give us the creativity we lacked in prague in midfield.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

AZOffaly

O'Neill, did you just contradict yourself here on this thread within minutes of each other? Did you mean to use an alter ego? :D (Or are you schizo?)

Quote from: ONeill on November 24, 2007, 09:44:26 PM
Well you were right about Bentner. His introduction changed the game. Involved in both goals, his intelligence on the ball was impressive and is pushing now for a start. With RVP on the mend though, I can see him moving on as it's RVP, Adebayor with him and Eduardo as impact subs. Good to see Rosicky finding some semblance of form. Walcott actually did ok and I'd probably prefer him to Eboue though Eboue has that defensive know-how that's useful with such an attacking midfield. Walcott's injury looked worrying though. Great win considering results elsewhere. I still feel Liverpool are going to be thereabouts. They're also unbeaten.

Now comes the real test. Four consecutive away games.

Sevilla v Arsenal - I think Arsenal will lose this one, their first defeat in yonks.
Aston Villa v Arsenal - Villa are flying. I'd take a draw.
Newcastle v Arsenal - Allardyce always poses a problem but 3 points hopefully
Middlesbrough v Arsenal - expecting 3 points.

Followed by:

Quote from: ONeill on November 24, 2007, 09:55:47 PM
Can't say I agree with your prediction of the Seville game, O'Neill. Seville just lost today at home to Mallorca to follow up last week's defeat at Villarreal. Here's today's game babelfished:

Liga - the Majorca returns to win in the Pizjuán

The Majorca, as already it happened the last season, returns to win in the Pizjuán (1-2) before a stuck Seville without that remains offed-hook of the high zone of the table after suffering the third defeat like the premises in the present campaign. Ibagaza and the Varelas give the victory to vermilions. The Majorca has known to make profitable the 2-0 harvested in first half, in spite of being in numerical inferiority during the end of second half, with much suffering and holding the attacks of the nervión set. Seville left to the party with the intention to control the ball and to arrive at the rival frame with clarity, but they did not find its midfield players to the Mali Frederic Kanouté and the Brazilian Luis Fabiano, with few occasions of goal between both throughout everything in encounter. And under this Sevillista weather it arrived the first Majorcan goal, in the first approach that it had, exceeded the quarter of hour, when Jonás Gutiérrez went well by the left band of Hinkel, and made happens of the death within the area so that Ariel "sewer" Ibagaza beat by low and fit to a wood to Andrés Palop (0-1, min 16) The sevillista equipment could tie in two occasions with its goleador forward Luis Fabiano, but, or the ball went away outside nearly, or the doorman vermilion Germa'n Lux was for preventing it. Seville had "reflections" during the party of which fué the last season, but its thick and slow game during the mayora part of the encounter justifies its position in the classification. At the 38 minutes of the encounter the finishing nail arrived from the Majorca by means of spectacular zapatazo, from more than thirty meters, from Varela who strained themselves by the square of a Palop that could not make nothing to prevent it (0-2). Seville to the load Thanks to the heat of its liking, Seville left to the load in second half looking for the male. Luis Fabiano returned to suffer itself of his ankle, hurt after playing with his selection, and had to leave Chevantón in his place trasa the rest. Indeed Chevantón attended Kanouté in the goal of Seville after renewal (1-2 min. 50), and it made delude to the liking of overcome Pizjuán with one historical one after that tempranero goal. As of that moment Seville turns upside down completely to the attack and the ball does not leave the field vermilion desperately looking for the tie. There it is when German Lux, Majorcan arquero, are elevated in the outstanding man of the encounter after carrying out impressive sevillistas shutdowns to the man that did not guess right to beat to him. The Majorca as well began to sleep the encounter and to also cause the interruptions so that the party happened more quickly. Varela, Balearic midfield player author of the second goal, was expelled for want of quarter from hour for the end. This caused that the Majorca was still closed more back and controlled the rest of the encounter before a Seville without stuck arrival nor.

SeanSouth

Well spotted AZ, so who is his other account?

AZOffaly

Ah ONeill has many, many faces. We have 1820 members, and I'd say O'Neill is about 30 of them :D

Dinny Breen

QuoteWell spotted AZ, so who is his other account?

As one of the few people who read this thread I spotted that over the weekend but didn't want to offend O'Neill as he keeps this thread going  :-[
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Sorry lads, it wasn't my place.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 27, 2007, 03:26:28 PM
Ah ONeill has many, many faces. We have 1820 members, and I'd say O'Neill is about 30 of them :D
Ur fairly on the ball there AZ !  Should send your CV on to Horatio Caine to enhance career prospects  :P

ONeill

Anyway, Wenger just text me. It's:
Almunia,
Hoyte, Traore, Senderos, Toure,
Eboue, Fibreglass, Denilson, Gilberto,
Eduardo and Bentner

A worrying defence.

Seville 2 Arsenal 0

ONeill

Well 3-1 it ended, not surprisingly so. This last game at home to Steaua is almost crucial. They need to win and hope Seville don't win in Prague. Finishing second will invite a 2nd round game against Barca, Milan, Madrid etc.

Senderos (Cygan in disguise) should never share a pitch with Gilberto again. He makes everyone nervous but for some reason Silva's game is destroyed when he plays. Cesc was very quiet. Away to Villa on Saturday. A tough one.

Norf Tyrone

Never seen it but I hear....

Fibreglass injured....
Hoyte to be hawled in front of UEFA or a stamp...
Wenger firing his toys out of the pram....
Arsenal (The saviours of football with their beautiful football) surrounding the ref and pressurising him to overturn decisions....

As I say....that's what I heard..
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 27, 2007, 10:24:37 PM

Fibreglass injured....
Arsenal (The saviours of football with their beautiful football) surrounding the ref and pressurising him to overturn decisions....

1. Looks like it
2. Nope
3. Probably as does Fergie, Mourinho...all winners seem to.
4. Nope.

SeanSouth

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 27, 2007, 10:24:37 PM

Fibreglass injured....

A subject close to any Chelsea fans heart, Captain Courageous Terry (or is that turncoat Terry?) throwing the ball at the ref against Derby........