Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

That's the 11th time now at home that Arsenal have fallen behind and managed to get something from the game. Perhaps Wenger should hypnotise the players into thinking they're 1-down before the game starts.

Very lucky today. Should've been a penalty when Heskey was fouled. Arsenal then score a goal with 3-fold luck. Firstly, Wigan were denied bringing on their player who had been receiving treatment. Then the through-ball was to Flamini who was in an off-side position. Finally his cross was knocked in by a Wigan defender.

Crazy Lehman booking at the end. Mad Jens will never change.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Goats Do Shave

After all the talk last week about Ronaldo v Spurs - when he "went down to easy!"

Look at this....& not a word about it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLZQVtKkK9k&NR

Ronaldo would have been deported for the likes of this...blatant cheating.
This is worse thean the Rivaldo incident during the World Cup in my opinion!

ONeill

anportmorforjfc

Ronaldo didnt mean to go over, sure he could have scored if he had of stayed up. Neither of these is as bad as henry's. He was about a metre away from the man when he went over.

ONeill

No, Ronaldo didn't mean to go over at all. Completely out of character.

anportmorforjfc

why didn't he take the open net goal, rather than a penalty which they had a chance of missing

ONeill

Because he's that used to going over in the box. He actually tried to stay on his feet after initially diving.

anportmorforjfc

Henry fell to the ground after colliding with Carles Puyol
Next time I'll learn to dive maybe, but I'm not a woman

Thierry Henry, after the 2006 Champions League final

France striker Thierry Henry has denied cheating to win the free-kick which led to his side's second goal in their 3-1 World Cup victory over Spain.
Henry fell to the ground clutching his face after colliding with Carles Puyol.

Puyol insisted the referee had made the wrong decision, adding: "If anything it was a foul by Henry."

anportmorforjfc

he didnt just dive for the first time against wigan :D

ONeill

anportmorforjfc

anportmorforjfc

Henry, after a game in which he was repeatedly being caught offside, chose to dive when Puyol got in his way as both men went for the ball - an arm into the chest that would not have been even a foul if Henry hadn't gone down was a free kick AND a yellow card for Carlos Puyol as Henry did a 'Rivaldo' and went down clutching his face

This was against spain

ONeill

I'll ask again, who said he dived for the first time v Wigan?

maxpower

I think the point of the original post is that when Ronaldo when over against Middlesborough or against Spurs the inquest lasted for days, and the media where only to happy to label him a cheat.

yet Henry does it regularly, and never a negative word mentioned about him, its almost as if the media are saying 'we don't want to piss him off or he'll go to Barcelona and we don't want that'

I don't just say this because of my anti arsenal bias, in the Utd spurs game ferdinand when down like an old woman when keane was nowhere near - again not a word, he's english, they don't dive, its that continential thing.
What happens next????

ONeill

Quoteyet Henry does it regularly, and never a negative word mentioned about him, its almost as if the media are saying 'we don't want to piss him off or he'll go to Barcelona and we don't want that'

I'd have to contest that. I can only think of two occasions in the time he's been at Arsenal that he's done that. Henry was a bastion of fair play in his first 5-6 years at Arsenal but in recent years I admit he has become slightly cynical.