Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Rostrevor is a fine part of the world. It's perhaps like going to Donegal in that if the weather is shite then your options are limited. But for biking/walking/fresh air it's superb, and the village has enough good pubs and good food to keep the adults happily sustained, if not quite the kids.

Armamike

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2022, 03:00:12 PM
Most of the graveyards in Paris are well kept and provide ideal atmospheres for strolling.

Père-Lachaise is particularly nice.

Jim Morrison's is well signposted!
That's just, like your opinion man.

ONeill

And Oscar's and Edith's.

Was in a great graveyard in Zurich last week.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BrotherMore6592

Going to graveyards when you're abroad in European cities.

Each to their own I suppose

imtommygunn

I know people fascinated by graveyards that would go on holidays. I don't think it's uncommon tbh. Not my thing mind you.

Hound

Quote from: johnnycool on August 10, 2022, 11:51:28 AM
Anyone know the best way to get from Charles DeGaulle airport to Eurodisney?

I'm told there's shuttle buses.
10 years or more since I was on it, but there certainly was a shuttle bus with Disney livery from a bus stop right outside CDG that went to Disney and all the Disney hotels in the immediate vicinity. I'm sure there's exact info on the website of Disney or the hotel websites

Don Johnson

Quote from: johnnycool on August 10, 2022, 11:51:28 AM
Anyone know the best way to get from Charles DeGaulle airport to Eurodisney?

I'm told there's shuttle buses.

The Disney Magic Shuttle will drop you off at your Disney hotel if you are staying on site.

There is the TGV that only takes about 12 mins as well but it is from a different terminal so you have to hop over to it after you pick up your luggage, it brings you to the train station at Disney Village. If staying in a Disney hotel you can drop the luggage off upstairs in the station and they will take it to the hotel for you, you can go straight to the parks and then go back get your luggage when checking in later.

gallsman

Quote from: ONeill on August 11, 2022, 12:06:10 AM
And Oscar's and Edith's.

Was in a great graveyard in Zurich last week.

Joyce?

ONeill

It was! Was at the Zoo there checking out something and walked passed a graveyard. Then it clicked that he was buried here, and it happened to be that one.

Another great graveyard day.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dire Ear

Thankyou re. Rostrevor

seafoid

Spent an interesting week in Haute-Savoie.  Most of the fields were parched. Farmers fed their cattle winter fodder in August because there was nothing in the fields.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

nrico2006

Anybody been to the theme park or water park in Salou?  Is there a big benefit in taking the fast passes to both?  Think its basically double money for the passes.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 16, 2022, 09:43:52 AM
Anybody been to the theme park or water park in Salou?  Is there a big benefit in taking the fast passes to both?  Think its basically double money for the passes.

Was at the theme park earlier this year and it has really gone to the dogs.

Less staff seem to be working which means less rides open and the rides that are open have painfully long queues as there is only 1/2 members of staff to get the people on and off.

The fast pass would obviously help with the queues but for the price I would not recommend the park at all

lurganblue

About 11 years, so i am sure things have changed. I was with the wife and kids, who were either too young or not interested in the larger rides in the theme park.  I did go on them and remember having to do a right bit of queuing. I dont remember the kid stuff being too long a wait.  My only tip would be to go in the evenings if you have young children and have a few days entrance on your pass.

Rudi

I take it its the one in La Pineda & not Salou. Was there 3 years ago (end of September) no waiting around, straight on slides.