Hurling 2024

Started by seafoid, January 01, 2023, 08:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Franko on June 22, 2023, 07:13:30 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 21, 2023, 04:01:09 PM
Quote from: keep her low this half on June 21, 2023, 03:53:27 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 21, 2023, 12:38:43 PM
Dublin are a big price at 11/2, if Clare have any sort of hangover from the Munster final
Clare can throw in a ropey performance when least expected. Went into the all Ireland semi v KK as favourites last year and were beat out the gate in 15 minutes. Dubs might be worth a sneaky £10

Don't underestimate the loss of John Conlon to them, but they never fronted up with a physical Kilkenny, they'll need to show something better than that against the Dubs, but I'm not expecting Clare to win this by much.

What happened Conlon?

He was injured prior to the AI semi-final v Kilkenny, as to what that injury was I can't be sure.

Franko

Quote from: johnnycool on June 22, 2023, 07:56:14 AM
Quote from: Franko on June 22, 2023, 07:13:30 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 21, 2023, 04:01:09 PM
Quote from: keep her low this half on June 21, 2023, 03:53:27 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 21, 2023, 12:38:43 PM
Dublin are a big price at 11/2, if Clare have any sort of hangover from the Munster final
Clare can throw in a ropey performance when least expected. Went into the all Ireland semi v KK as favourites last year and were beat out the gate in 15 minutes. Dubs might be worth a sneaky £10

Don't underestimate the loss of John Conlon to them, but they never fronted up with a physical Kilkenny, they'll need to show something better than that against the Dubs, but I'm not expecting Clare to win this by much.

What happened Conlon?

He was injured prior to the AI semi-final v Kilkenny, as to what that injury was I can't be sure.

Ah sorry, read that completely wrong - thought he had a current injury

seafoid

Whichever of the Portumna neighbours has the better backs will win. If Shefflin doesn't sort out the Galway backs he will never get the Kilkenny job. I mo thuairim

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2023, 01:31:54 PM
Whichever of the Portumna neighbours has the better backs will win. If Shefflin doesn't sort out the Galway backs he will never get the Kilkenny job. I mo thuairim

Tipp v Galway too close to call but I'm going to plump for Tipp, but they'll need to stop Conor Whelan whose hitting a bit of form after a few underpar performances.

Going for the Clare men in the other game by about 5 or so, but in modern terms that's a tight game also.

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on June 23, 2023, 04:22:21 PM

Tipp v Galway too close to call but I'm going to plump for Tipp, but they'll need to stop Conor Whelan whose hitting a bit of form after a few underpar performances.

Going for the Clare men in the other game by about 5 or so, but in modern terms that's a tight game also.

No Aidan Mc Carthy it seems.

marty34

I'd say Barrett's the man for Whelan. Good battle there.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/06/23/nicky-english-tipp-tend-to-score-plenty-and-concede-plenty-but-i-think-theyll-come-out-on-top/Tipperary's Achilles heel has been how easily they concede, from the 3-23 against Clare and then the 4-19 against Cork. Even against Offaly they conceded 3-18.

Milltown Row2

Galway do enough but run the risk of allowing a poor Tipp back in.

But that won't matter ..

While Limerick are not at their best it'll be another cagey affair I'd say
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

The perfect result for Galway. Things to work on. Better than winning Leinster. 

clonadmad

Quote from: marty34 on June 23, 2023, 06:11:58 PM

He definitely wasn't

marty34

Quote from: clonadmad on June 24, 2023, 09:08:21 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 23, 2023, 06:11:58 PM

He definitely wasn't

Don't think he started on him. It was Mc Cormack and he could've had a couple of goals. Then Barrett went on him.

Whelan was excellent today. A real leader and focal point for their attack. Wouldn't have mattered who Tipp put on him.

Big result for Shefflin.  Lads were doubting themselves I'd say coming down the final straight after the Leinster Final.  But they hung in there.

Tipp were poor. None of the ff line scored and they looked out of joints, as what normally happens after hammering Offaly in the last game.  It would've better to have beat Offaly by 1 pt.

Tipp slipped up against Waterford too with a place in the Munster Final up for grabs. Galway seem to have their number recently in championship. Cahill will be wondering where it all went wrong.

Plenty for Galway to work on and that'll suit Henry perfectly.

seafoid

Considering last year ,third in Munster and qf is about right. The Tipp brand never hurled a ball. #Jaysus

Saffrongael

Quote from: seafoid on June 24, 2023, 10:21:00 PM
Considering last year ,third in Munster and qf is about right. The Tipp brand never hurled a ball. #Jaysus

They were very poor
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Capt Pat

Clare easily got the better of Dublin in the opening game. Tony Kelly picked up 3 goals and 4 points in a man of the match performance. Mark Rodgers also impressed up front for Clare.

Clare look good but they have a few injuries now. As well as the 3 defenders Conlon, Cleary and McInerney, shane O'Donnell picked up an injury. I think Clare will need some if not all of those players back for the tough match up with Kilkenny.

I expected more from Tipperary in the other game especially up front. The only goal they got to get them back in the game came from a mishit point attempt.

Galway were not brilliant in winning either but they got the result and while I am not certain I think they might just get the better of Limerick in the semi.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/06/23/nicky-english-tipp-tend-to-score-plenty-and-concede-plenty-but-i-think-theyll-come-out-on-top

Limerick may fear Galway more because the Leinster final performance – until the late calamity – had a lot to recommend it and they did enough to win.