The Legend

Started by Star Spangler, December 02, 2006, 09:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Spangler

Dubh driocht

Brilliant..was privileged to have been there but haven't seen this before..full-forward perfection.

Carmen Stateside

Now thats what I call a one man show!! But how stupid were the Armagh defenders they fell for the same dummy the hole evening!!!   :o ;D

Redhandfan

Will there ever be another individual performance like it in an Ulster football final?  Peter Canavan says he was inspired big time by that particular display from Frank McGuigan and that it had a huge effect on his own future playing career.  As for me, I was priviliged to be in Clones on that memorable day over 22 years ago.  McGuigan's brilliance got me completely hooked on gaelic football and I haven't missed a championship match involving Tyrone since.  Thanks, Frank!

seanaglis

i've never seen that before, only heard about it! Class!

Jeez he was a strong hoor, see the way he just pushed those armagh defenders out of his road! Wonder would he do that with francie there?!  Much different player than Brian (ie good under the high ball, strong and skillfull), who would rely on skill alone

youbetterbelieveit

jaysus he gave that no2 are right doing,

never kickt a ball

Yes anybody know who the No 2 was?

lynchbhoy

Wasnt the no.2 McNally?
He was a decent enough defender from what I recall in the very early 80's
but that day was a fantastic display of how to execute FF football

'This Frank Mc Show ' Certainly inspired me also at the time - being a young developing exponent of the position

Skill, accuracy, determination and intelligence

Also shows, when days like this happen to you  - ya cant miss.

Star Spangler

The best part of the McNally point was that McGuigan was caught behind him when the ball come in but he still managed to win it and stick it over.

Elias

Quality - Thanks for that, I remember watching the game on TV as a whipper snapper but couldn't remember much about it. Prestine   8)

never kickt a ball

What about the one were he brings it under control soccer stlye? My cub says you get ate for trying that these days?

Star Spangler

Who's going to question Frank McGuigan?

never kickt a ball

My thoughts exactly Star. He did the move with his usual panache.

never kickt a ball

does anyone know who scored the other two points?

Star Spangler

There were 4 other points scored (Tyrone won 0-15 to 1-7) but I don't know who scored them.