Goal of the Year

Started by Prestige, November 30, 2006, 02:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Thought Ross Munnelly's goals against Meath in the qualifiers this year were class

ONeill

Martin Penrose's goal v Monaghan in NFL. For a team move, there wasn't much better. McGuigan's vision in executing the final pass was delightful.

Donaghy's goal v Armagh was most memorable I suppose. The weighty significance of it was dripping off the ball and man.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Prestige

I see Mannions goal is on YouTube now for those who have not seen it....

seanshunt

Prestige, Are you Karol Mannion in disguise??

if ya are please answer me a question,
how in the name of all that is holy did you get away with taking 13 steps without the normally mandatory hop or solo,its not as if Jonno's favourite ref was down the other side of the field. Fair play though decent strike.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: seanshunt on December 05, 2006, 05:08:19 PM

how in the name of all that is holy did you get away with taking 13 steps without the normally mandatory hop or solo,its not as if Jonno's favourite ref was down the other side of the field. Fair play though decent strike.

A little bitter there sean?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mjg

Quote from: seanshunt on December 05, 2006, 05:08:19 PM

As mannion was been pulled and draggedthe ref may have been playing advantage as a free kick would have been useless to them,still had it all to do though

seanshunt

A GAA answer to a GAA problem, its clear cut, it wouldnt matter if there were 15 Corofin players hanging onto Mannion, if he takes over 4 steps with the ball its either a free in for dragging or a free out for overcarrying, can you imagine an advantage occuring in rugby and been allowed to go on after a player knocks on the ball. Ludicrious.
Just add it to the dodgy rules book,
another, why is it that if a player is on the ground trying to get up and there is one defender standing over hasseling him it will always end up as a free to the player on the ground, however in the same situation if there are 4 or 5 defenders hasseling the grounded player, the free will go against the player on the ground for overcarrying. Suppose tackling in general is hazy city, as is the Square ball rule, foot block etc etc.
Anyway back to goal of the season, Mannion fouled the ball, should be taken of the list

mjg

If the ref allowed it he didnt foul the ball,fact