Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: Barnster on August 12, 2022, 04:40:35 PM
A sanctimonious teacher who would have thought!

So in response to my query has anyone?

No errors there. Well done.
Who did you get to check it over ?

In answer to your query... Yes

Barnster

It's not an exam, though you probably wouldn't be as thorough if it was.

ONeill

Talk of a full-on strike this autumn. Be deadly to keep it rolling for at least 3 years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Barnster

Be sure to use all the teacher training days after the strike.

quit yo jibbajabba

Why would they do training while on strike? Has anyone? Would you?

Weve got a live one here hi

Jim Bob

Quote from: Barnster on August 12, 2022, 04:54:00 PM
It's not an exam, though you probably wouldn't be as thorough if it was.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 You are so easy to wind up .... Keep them coming ..I'm watching but careful now...no errors !

Barnster

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 12, 2022, 05:09:34 PM
Why would they do training while on strike? Has anyone? Would you?

Weve got a live one here hi

Or do training whilst on paid leave hi!

bennydorano

Quote from: Barnster on August 12, 2022, 04:17:50 PM
Has a teacher every been sacked for being buck useless, seems to be if your in your in no matter how dire you are, the classic though is to blame the kids or their parents when results are pathetic.
Not a teacher, but surely they have annual reviews / appraisals?

I can recall a few duff teachers 'retiring' in my secondary days. I'd say the really bad teachers are weeded out ok, still plenty of bad ones left - like in every walk of life.

Itchy

Quote from: bennydorano on August 12, 2022, 05:59:04 PM
Has a teacher every been sacked for being buck useless, seems to be if your in your in no matter how dire you are, the classic though is to blame the kids or their parents when results are pathetic.

I can recall a few duff teachers 'retiring' in my secondary days. I'd say the really bad teachers are weeded out ok, still plenty of bad ones left - like in every walk of life.

There are no annual reviews or appraisals. There is absolutely no way to hold a teacher accountable for being useless. Teachers don't get sacked unless they committed something that could land them in jail.

An Watcher

Too many $hit teachers out there and it's the wains that suffer.  Very difficult to manage though as the quality of students can fluctuate.  Maybe give them 3 or 4 years to guarantee so many GCSE or A Level passes?

ONeill

What if ye don't teach GCSE or ALevel?

I think the public is best to decide what makes a good teacher. You can't rely on teachers to judge on teachers as they're bluffers.

A survey maybe?

Kidder81

What if you are dealing with kids from a rough socio economic background & very good GCSEs arent attainable (for some anyway) ?

ONeill

It's a bit like the building trade. If you're shite, you're doing the mixer.

Get bad teachers to do bus duty and teach PE.

marty34

Quote from: Itchy on August 12, 2022, 10:35:37 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 12, 2022, 05:59:04 PM

There are no annual reviews or appraisals. There is absolutely no way to hold a teacher accountable for being useless. Teachers don't get sacked unless they committed something that could land them in jail.

Define 'being useless'.

Bit of a general statement.

My views of it are: some kids are gifted for an academical point of view, some are in the middle while others are not so gifted from an academical point of view.  That's life.

In the same way, as some kids are good at art, sport and woodwork etc.  Kids have different talents.

So depends what you think a teacher can do - bring an F grade pupil to an A grade pupil or bring a pupil who isn't talented at art (but talented at other stuff) to be a first class artist, then I think you're mistaken.

As lo g as my kids are happy at school, are happy to go and do their best, then that's good enough for me.

ONeill

if you've only 15 on the park to pick from, where do you stick the dodgy one?