SKY+

Started by clarshack, December 06, 2007, 01:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

anyone know of good deals at the moment for SKY+ in the north. think i saw something previously for £80 installation.

full back

If a friend recommends you I think they are doing Sky+ for about £30, although you have to take out a 12 month contract

SeanSouth

I got it last week, £79 and that includes the installation. Check your local Euronics dealer, they are doing it for £79 all over the north as far as i know. The introduce a friend deal is good if you dont already have Sky, i was an existing customer, they offer you fcuk all when you are an existing customer.

clarshack

thanks. am an existing customer BTW.

SeanSouth

Quote from: clarshack on December 06, 2007, 02:35:54 PM

Best bet then would be the £79 deal, i booked it on the Saturday and they installed on the Wednesday, my remote stopped working after a couple of days, i took it back to them and they gave me a new one, no questions, they didnt even check to see if i got it off them in the first place ! I wouldnt wait too long as im sure the deal wont go on indefinetley.

SeanSouth

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 06, 2007, 02:58:31 PM
Is anyone using  Sky HD and if so is it worth the extra £s ?

I wouldnt mind making the outlay for Sky HD box but not the extra £10 a month subscription, i will wait until they stop doing that a la Sky +.

full back

Quote from: clarshack on December 06, 2007, 02:35:54 PM

If you are an existing customer & you know someone getting sky installed if you tell them to say they were recommended by you both of you will get the Sky+ installed for £30 between you

Derry Daisy

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 06, 2007, 02:01:58 PM
I got it last week, £79 and that includes the installation. Check your local Euronics dealer, they are doing it for £79 all over the north as far as i know. The introduce a friend deal is good if you dont already have Sky, i was an existing customer, they offer you fcuk all when you are an existing customer.

Not if you threaten to leave them, they'll offer you anything to make you stay, just say your interested in upgrading to sky plus and you'll get it free.   

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Derry Daisy on December 06, 2007, 03:31:43 PM

Not if you threaten to leave them, they'll offer you anything to make you stay, just say your interested in upgrading to sky plus and you'll get it free.   

Daisy is definitely right in that they will bend over backwards to keep you, if you threaten to quit, as an existing customer. It can turn into a game of brinkmanship, but if you are preapred to quit, then you hold all the aces, even if they refuse to give you it buckshee in your initial contact.

As an existing customer I also threatened to pull the plug and got SKY+, including installation, for £49 during August. They were offering it free, but this was a an old reconditioned SKY+ box that had only half the memory and a guarantee of three months. 

clarshack

conway bros in cookstown are doing the deal for £79. rang them up but they said they arent doing any more between now and christmas as they are flat out installing it. they did say that the deal would still be in place in the new year though. rang my local euronics centre and they said they didnt do it. i suppose i'll just have to wait as i cant ring up and threaten to quit as my 12 month contract doesnt run out until early Feb. would have been nice to have had it for christmas!

ziggysego

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 06, 2007, 03:14:35 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 06, 2007, 02:58:31 PM
Is anyone using  Sky HD and if so is it worth the extra £s ?

I wouldnt mind making the outlay for Sky HD box but not the extra £10 a month subscription, i will wait until they stop doing that a la Sky +.

I'm the same as you Sean. HD looks amazing to me. There are programmes like Doctor Who, Wild Life on One and various films that would be amazing on HD. Could do without seeing Dot Cotton on HD though..
Testing Accessibility

clarshack

any chance that this could back fire and i'll end up with no sky?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: clarshack on January 02, 2008, 02:59:18 PM

Only if you balls up!!!!

What I did was say that my box was broke and that I couldn't afford to get a new one (or pay £65 for a call out) so I wanted to cancel.  They then offered me a refurb box but I said that that didn't interest me.  I was then offered a new box for £49 which I accepted.  The key thing was that I didn't raise the issue of a new box they offered it to me.

In saying all that, even if they don't offer you anything then just end the call by saying that you want to think about it a little longer, ie you haven't confirmed that you want them to cut you off, but I'd be surprised if that was the outcome.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: clarshack on January 02, 2008, 02:59:18 PM

Don't think so Clarshark i was having trouble with my Skybox and rang them up they told me it would cost €150 for an engineer to call out and replace it, told them that i wasn't going to pay €150 and that if they didn't send out an engineer i would cancel sky, he put me on to someone in customer service thay said that they could do it for €100 i said no way he then said €50 and i said i was still going to cancel, he said he had to get in touch with his" supervisor" left me holding for a few minutes and then came back and said that because i was a long term customer they would install a new one for free. :)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

tyroneboi

does sky+ cost any extra a month?